• Total voters

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Horizontal at least has the PogChamp thing going for it

It is still bad though.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer vertical, but it wouldn't be safe that way over time. I believe (hope) it will fit on my entertainment shelf horizontally.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
I don't trust any disc-based console vertically after hearing more than a few stories about scratching. Horizontal for life.

jmelons

Oct 31, 2017
I want to go vertical but I have a jerk of a cat that likes to knock things over for attention.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to have it horizontal, but it won't fit under the TV so it'll have to go vertical.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Horizontal and the first thing I will do is open it up and disconect the gaudy Leds and then by black plates the second they're available officially out I might even paint the standard ones depending what they're made of.

Is hideous and I want it to be as near to invisible on the shelf as possible

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
On its back on the carpet next to my tv. /s

Vertical for me, but probably hidden behind my tv so that it wont be visible from the front.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer vertical but I think it's so tall that it would reach the TV mounted on the wall so it's gonna have to be horizontal.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to do horizontal out of necessity with my current setup. I've had my PS3 Phat vertical during some portions of it's life, so I'm open to that idea. The PS5 size is restricting.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Horizontal, but I didn't have a choice. I don't think I have anywhere to really stand it up as my PC is in that spot.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Vertical looks a lot better. I'm removing a shelf to stand both consoles up this time.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I rearranged my entertainment center so that the PS4 is standing there vertically keeping the spot warm. There's two tall vertical spots. The PC is anyone and the switch was in the other. I moved the switch up to another piece of furniture and the PS5 is going to go where it used to be. This made a lot of space to reorganize other stuff. It's actually a lot better now.

SubTXT

Jul 24, 2020
I want to put it vertical and even have the perfect white entertainment console to compliment the look (below), but according to measurements, it's still so tall that it would block the lower left portion of my TV haha. I have to raise the mount to have enough clearance to stand it up on the left side of my entertainment center without reaching the TV haha. It's CRAZY tall.

FecyIrq.jpeg

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
In horizontal mode both the PS5 and Series X look like they were pushed over by mischievous cow tippers.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to go Vertical but I think Horizontal might be the only way for it to work in my set up.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like putting consoles vertical usually because I'm afraid of them being knocked over. So with the PS5 I plan to have it horizontal because even with the stand it seems like it may be sort of top heavy. The Series X I think is sturdy enough all around to support being vertical (plus it looks goofy horizontally IMO) so I'll probably go with that.

I bought a vertical stand for my PS4 and used it for a few months in my college apartment at the time because space was limited, but I've had it horizontal ever since. So yeah I'll put the PS5 horizontally in my entertainment center, but the Series X will go vertical behind my TV because I don't have anywhere else to put it.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell it's meant to go vertical. Horizontal is just a concession for those that can't really do vertical due to their setup. It's great that they give the choice, for sure.

But my systems haven't actually been "in" my entertainment center since the PS2. They sit to the side, usually on top of their own box to keep them off the carpet. The PS5 will have a leftover piece of 1x6 to stand on to provide stability on the carpet, and its own box next to it (opposite the TV stand) to prevent any falls in that direction (and to put other stuff like the Switch on). Not that I think it's inherently unstable, but I have a cat.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Horizontal. I got no space on the sides to flip it up outside of wall mounting. Gonna be the same for the Series X.