Votes: 1,280 39.4%
  • No, still ugly

Votes: 1,711 52.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 254 7.8%

• Total voters

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
Aesthetically one is mature and tasteful and the other isn't. Hence my apt analogy. The way you worded it you make it sound like they are both fucked up in their own way, which I really don't think is the case. Borderline objective fact lol. It's a cheap, tacky, eyesore.

I guess I'm bitter because I'm getting the ps5 as I have a good pc. Wish it looked like series X.
Take the white panels off.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
I didn't mind it during the initial reveal but as time goes on the more my dislike grows. And I don't like the gloss black part, the glossy section of my launch ps4 got all scratched up.
I'll be waiting for the hopefully better slim.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Man, so many of y'all are boring. This thing is sexy and distinctive! No mistaking it for a blu ray player or audio receiver under the TV.
But that's what I want! I like the original Xbox One design, size aside, because it actually looks like a piece of AV equipment that fits in on the rack with all my other stuff.

Where am I supposed to put white Barad-Dur that can't sit horizontally and is almost as wide as my AV receiver?

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
qzbM8oA.png

Pt0z8FT.png

Sexy AF
This thing looks sooooo good. Esp in a darker lit room it's going to look amazing going from the first picture. I have the perfect spot for that in my living room and it's gonna be glorious. Also gonna have it stand vertically. Looks so sleek.

This'll be my very first vertically positioned console ever.

Rourkey

Nov 14, 2017
I think it looks like something out of the 80s or rather what people in the 80s might have thought consoles would look like now

SAKY

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Cutting down those popped collar looking fins so they conform to the shape of black section would have helped a ton imho.

Maculo

Oct 27, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I don't like the design at all. Maybe it will look nice in some sci-fi looking living rooms, but definitely not in mine... I usually don't like electronics that seems to want to be the center of the room design wise.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks kinda ok at that 3/4 angle, but that's such an impractical way to display it, who is going to have that much space on their entertainment center

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
I really like it, and it will fit in perfectly with the AV unit I have under the TV, with its colour scheme. I really hope that film reveals a matte finish underneath though. One thing is I wish I could stand this upright as it looks much better, but unfortunately have no room. It will probably annoy me a little that it's not symmetric when flat :D but time will tell. It will definitely stand out, and I have a modern looking living room.

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
Playstation by Niemeyer. Sadly, nothing else will harmonize with it in any gaming / living room

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know some of you expected. It is the age of ray tracing. Everything is unnecessarily glossy.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Looks really nice, if a tad too big. Design had been really growing on me. I understand it is divisive, but seems really well built with attention to detail.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least the color scheme matches my h510 elite case, I'm not really liking the look itself but whatever.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Still ugly. Gonna look bad in my TV setup where everything is a black box and suddenly there is some white wavy bullshit going on.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm glad it's not just a box. It has personality, and I appreciate how hard it is for a large corporation to take that kind of risk. Is it strikingly beautiful? Eh, that might be going a little far. Anything this large is never going to look entirely elegant, but I understand the necessity given the aggressive performance target.

Babadook

self-requsted ban
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I always thought it looked good in certain angles. After seeing the new footage I would say I'm more impressed.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
It's beautiful the way a modern skyscraper is beautiful, but I don't want a model of that skyscraper under my tv for the next few years. I'll wait for it to come in black

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
If they do a teardown and also explain why it's designed the way it is (with cool/interesting reasons) I think a lot of people may appreciate it more. Microsoft has essentially done this. So even if you don't like the design you can respect it. Sony hasn't done this and I feel it's more necessary for them to as they have the more outlandish design. I look forward to the teardown and I hope it's good.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Genuinely one of the ugliest consoles ever that'll aesthetically age like absolute shit. Gaudy over modernisation coupled with cheap plastic that'll collect dust in all those curves and grooves. Hideous.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of like me. Not impressive under harsh lighting, but perfectly fuckable in the dark.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Sony designs beautiful products so it's just still so surprising to me how this slipped out.

It's baffling how something can almost look good, and then seeing it from a different angle erases that thought completely
Part of the reasons why I purchased many sony products in the past was because of how they looked. I remember purchasing my Vaio back in 2012, it was a strikingly beautiful laptop. Same with their phones, headphones and television sets. Though I think their televisions have been surpassrd. PlayStation, ehh I'm kinda in the middle. I like the PS1, PS2 and ps4 slim. Not a fan of PS3, PS4 pro or PS5

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I love my big ugly boi.

Fantastic design. We need more outlandish and different designs in products.