Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I 100% expected PS5 to be #1 for the year. Isn't it often in first place month-to-month? Wild.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I 100% expected PS5 to be #1 for the year. Isn't it often in first place month-to-month? Wild.
You're probably thinking of the massive YoY jumps it has been having this year. The numbers in OP are for last year which had the PS5 trading blows with the Switch for unit sales regularly and sometimes even coming in 3rd due to supply issues.

The hardware push for GoW Ragnarok is what helped it get that high up at the end.

Oct 25, 2017
2023 gonna be very different now that PS5 isn't massively supply constrained anymore. PS5 didn't begin to really be easily found until like July last year.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Give us the Series X/Series S split.
200.gif

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I have a feeling that's a little too high for Xbox.

Not at all, early in 2022 the Xbox was on track to do as well as the Switch did until it severely under performed in the holiday season. Lack of games or the PS5 becoming more available are likely the reason but it was doing really well up until then. So much people here were regular calling the Series S a ¨genius¨ move for Xbox.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Not at all, early in 2022 the Xbox was on track to do as well as the Switch did until it severely under performed in the holiday season. Lack of games or the PS5 becoming more available are likely the reason but it was doing really well up until then. So much people here were regular calling the Series S a ¨genius¨ move for Xbox.
It might have been the momentum from the strong holiday 2021, then 2022 only had grounded, as dusk falls and pentiment.

There is a legit chance if they had a strong second year that moment carries, but they didnt.

This year it could be the reverse, week first half, strong second half, depending on how popular their upcoming releases end up being.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I think the wild part is how the PS5 wound up passing Xbox after the slow start to the year for PS5.