• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022

View: https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1615349341446897664

View: https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1615349467460546561
Fmrf1bkaYAE8-wt.png

View: https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1615351269044129797?cxt=HHwWisDQrfba8OosAAAA

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dam series S was down to $239 at some places and $249 everywhere. My area still has plenty of those $249 Series S for sale. Hopefully this signals to MS to make more Series X. Price isn't the sole motivating factor when buying a console or anything really.

Edit: Shout to the King. Sonic is back!

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Need for Speed Unbound top 10 both NPD and Euro charts.

Insane.

Midnight Suns I'm gonna assume did better digitally.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wow, Switch software was nuts in December. Splatoon 3 was 9th on the Switch charts and 19th on the overall chart. It being in the top 20 overall in general even without digital sales is pretty surprising to me. Got those octopus legs.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Yikes at The Callisto Protocol. I know it has no digital but that doesn't seem great.

NFS seems to have done well for its non existent marketing.

Very good hold for Sonic Frontiers across all platforms. It's kind of insane to see this happen. I do expect Sonic to drop like a rock after the holidays though.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Too bad we cant see where the difference between PS5 and Xbox Series ended up. Xbox was leading in the beginning of the year but was overtaken by the PS5 for 2022. Wonder what the LTD difference is now too

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Dam series S was down to $239 at some places and $249 everywhere. My area still has plenty of those $249 Series S for sale. Hopefully this signals to MS to make more Series X. Price isn't the sole motivating factor when buying a console or anything really.

It's not everything but it's also a great option. Imagine if they didn't have the S model and how many units they would have sold without it!

I don't think Microsoft is purposely holding back Series X supply and it's taken a long time for Sony to get it's supply line going too.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Woah Sonic even made it as 16th best selling game in the US for 2022. Very nice! I hope Sega puts this success to good use.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017

Series S where i live has been available for under $200 regularly and even got bundled with games and months of gamepass during the holiday season. you can still get them everywhere while X is never available.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

I am sure it still sold very well. But yeah, it is a little worrying that it couldn't compete on items sold at that price. Purely as a gamepass machine you would think it would fly off the shelf but eh. Maybe PS5 beat it by like 1% and everyone just did really really well.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the one quarter/year MS is happy to take that third slot.

Kimbou

Jan 22, 2021
Splatoon 3 performance pleases me. While blowing up in Japan, its reception in the west has been kind of a question mark.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Has the series been moved to 6nm die yet? Series x needs more units asap. Sony seems to have sorted their shit and ps5 are easy to come by now.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

idk, it sold pretty well for a console with 0 AAA exclusives released last year. Hopefully they'll make a stronger case this year.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Lego skywalker seems to have massively over performed my expectations. Massive hit.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am sure it still sold very well. But yeah, it is a little worrying that it couldn't compete on items sold at that price. Purely as a gamepass machine you would think it would fly off the shelf but eh. Maybe PS5 beat it by like 1% and everyone just did really really well.

There are no numbers but it was by far the cheapest console with the most supply. If demand was there it could be number 1 or at least ahead of PS5. I just think that if Series X was more available Xbox would be doing better. GP maybe "cheap" but it's still a recurring payment so I don't think it's the motivating factor for console purchases this forum makes it out to be. And being the cheapest console isn't that big a factor in success or GameCube would have sold gang busters.

Don't know what's going on with MS but outside of early last year series x supply has been thin. Wish someone would ask them what's the problem especially when Sony has seemed to figure out the PS5 supply situation.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
There are no numbers but it was by far the cheapest console with the most supply. If demand was there it could be number 1 or at least ahead of PS5. I just think that if Series X was more available Xbox would be doing better. GP maybe "cheap" but it's still a recurring payment so I don't think it's the motivating factor for console purchases this forum makes it out to be. And being the cheapest console isn't that big a factor in success or GameCube would have sold gang busters.

Don't know what's going on with MS but outside of early last year series x has been thin. Wish someone would ask them what's the problem especially when Sony has seemed to figure out the PS5 supply situation.
i feel like every time i've look at microsoft's website the XSX has been in stock directly from them. I wonder if people just don't bother looking there vs Target/Walmart, etc.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think that being a gamepass machine is enough of a selling point.

Oct 25, 2017
damn callisto protocol did worse than i thought lol

good to see crisis core so high. and forza horizon 5 still charting! and more importantly, SONIC FRONTIERS!!!!

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Sony doing things right to be able to sell more than a lower priced XBS during an inflation.
Of course Switch up there forever more!

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
damn callisto protocol did worse than i thought lol

good to see crisis core so high. and forza horizon 5 still charting! and more importantly, SONIC FRONTIERS!!!!
Someone like Maximillian_DOOD quitting and deleting the PC and PS5 version of the game on stream at launch is probably not the kind of reception you want.

i feel like every time i've look at microsoft's website the XSX has been in stock directly from them. I wonder if people just don't bother looking there vs Target/Walmart, etc.
People at large definitely buy from the MS store.