• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The National Rifle Association typically portrays itself as an indomitable force. But an ongoing court case has the gun group taking inventory of its wounds. In a new legal filing, it contends that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo's campaign to pressure insurers and financial services companies to cut ties with the NRA could deeply harm its financial health and ability to "fulfill its advocacy objectives."

In the complaint, entered July 20 and first reported by the New York Law Journal, the NRA claims it has lost income and access to banking services as a result of the state's actions. One of the more dramatic impacts of Cuomo's push: The NRA says it has not been able to renew its media liability insurance. If the group cannot secure a policy soon, it could be forced to shutter its multimillion-dollar television network, NRATV, or a number of its print publications, the complaint reads. The NRA also says that, without insurance, it "cannot maintain its physical premises" or "convene off-site meetings and events."

"Defendants' concerted efforts to stifle the NRA's freedom of speech and to retaliate against the NRA based on its viewpoints are causing other insurance, banking, and financial institutions doing business with the NRA … to rethink their mutually beneficial business relationships with the NRA for fear of monetary sanctions or expensive public investigations" the complaint reads.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/nra-carry-guard-insurance-new-york-lawsuit/

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
1. Womp womp
2. Thoughts and prayers
3. Gun free zone
4. Good guy with a gun
5. I don't really care, do you?
6. Remember Philando Castile?

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
What a terrible loss. I'm not sure how I'll be able to concentrate on the rest of my day.

Oh look, rain.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
Guess they are...

shooting blanks.

hqdefault.jpg

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Needs to be investigated asap - especially the financials. I would not be surprised if they were closing it down to hide something crucial.

Oct 26, 2017
wonder if Russian and foreign money was how they were able to not collapse, run these disinformation russian propaganda machines.

now that they are being watched and aren't getting money they are imploding?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing kicks sales of guns into gear like a democratic President.

I don't know why these idiots love the GOP, they sold the most during the Obama years.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
TIL financial issues is another phrase for being brutally owned on late night television.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well if the Russians know the jig is up and are pulling their funding this was inevitable.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
That segment where they make baby paintings by shooting paint cans over canvasses is the most bizarre thing I've seen in awhile.
For me, the kicker was the bloody hunting segment. I live in Sweden, we have a couple of hunting shows and I've grown up in a hunting family. Most of the time those are just sedated, quite calm "we are tracking a bunny....just now waiting for the bunny to show up", nothing special, no music, just a hunter sitting/walking around hunting, some occasional shots of nature which is mostly trees, cause fuck we have a lot of those here.

Imagine my absolute bizarre experience at seeing a hunting program suddenly spin out into a conspiracy show about "the anti-hunters". I have never seen such a thing before.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great, but one tweet from Trump is probably all it would take for tens of millions in donations to start rolling in again.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Great, but one tweet from Trump is probably all it would take for tens of millions in donations to start rolling in again.
While I can see that happening, I doubt he would tell people to help them with their shitty ratings. If anything, he'd very likely lie and say that NRA TV has the best and highest ratings ever.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Who even watched this? A hobby is a hobby but who wants to have it take over their life?