Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Sure would be awkward if this party was reported on at the time.

unknown.png

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
A drink driver that makes a fortune on a TV show that abuses live animals for entertainment has the moral highground on the PM.

And yet I'm confused by this kind of story blowing up whenhe got a pass on even worse.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

I'm almost tempted to wish he'd wait because this story keeps getting increasingly absurd

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Boris "[Starmer] is playing politics with this issue [...] focusing on events a year ago"

Just fire them all into the sun

Its infuriating that to get any actual response or consideration, its got to be about someone's dead Nan. How about not fucking lying and breaking rules because you're elected officials who shouldn't lie and break rules.
In the Tories' minds, everyone who tries to hold them accountable is "playing politics". Which is ironic given Johnson is a fucking clown who doesn't give a shit about anything other than his own status.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017

He needs to hope that people don't have more receipts if he's going this route.

We always say that, until somebody does have receipts, then the goalposts move again, and we're back to square one.

Brexit really did a number on this country. Tories didn't invent lying, but managed to use it as both a means to an end, and a solution for the problems caused by those means. He lied to the fucking queen and got away with it

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
I just did a massive involuntary cringe.

This is beyond anger now, if the media doesn't completely rip these fuckers a new arsehole in the next few days I'll never pay attention to any of them ever again.
The media won't rip them apart because they were probably attendees at said parties, just look at today's front page of the s*n. It mentioned absolutely nothing about these parties to try and deflect from it

Oct 27, 2017
Was the video supposed to be recorded in 2020? Because that press room didn't exist until March 2021 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56413032

Have a think about that.

The article quoted says:

But while the briefings had been due to start as early as last autumn, No 10 said they were being delayed while ministers held regular press conferences during the coronavirus lockdown.

So i presume it was built and went unused for a while?

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018

butanebob

Mar 16, 2018
Sorry, the year is missing on the BBC link. Here's some better links.

www.standard.co.uk

First look at Boris’s new £2.6 million White House-style press room

The Government’s multi-media pound media room has been unveiled, but nothing’s really changed, says political editor Joe Murphy

Point being, the video is supposed to be in dec 2020 but they were using the older all-wood room then. They wouldn't be having press conferences in the blue and union jack room until at least march 2021.

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
Point being, the video is supposed to be in dec 2020 but they were using the older all-wood room then. They wouldn't be having press conferences in the blue and union jack room until at least march 2021.

...the video isn't of a press conference. It's of them testing the facilities in the new room. Something they would do before they were using it. Say, in the months prior to March 2021... like December 2020, for example.

www.itv.com

No 10 staff joke in leaked recording about Christmas party they later denied | ITV News

ITV News has obtained a leaked video showing Downing Street staff laughing about a party which was allegedly held in Number 10 last Christmas. | ITV National News

The recording is of a rehearsal on December 22 for Downing Street's proposed daily TV media briefings, which Ms Stratton was set to front before they were later abandoned. Staff in the 9 Downing Street press room pose mock questions to help with her preparation.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I thought they put the new room on ice when they went off using Stratton*.

*because she's too shit for that kind of role even for this government.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, isn't it fairly common knowledge that the reason the press conferences were delayed was because Stratton was shit? Which is something the leaked video certainly corroborates!

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
I mean, does said poster think ITV wouldn't have checked the video and the circumstances out and verified it as far as possible before making it public?

butanebob

Mar 16, 2018
I mean, isn't it fairly common knowledge that the reason the press conferences were delayed was because Stratton was shit? Which is something the leaked video certainly corroborates!
OK, didn't know about that, I'll look into it.

Even if that was true would they sit on a new studio for 3 months.

Anyway, I just found it interesting, it triggered my paranoia. Probably nothing in it really

butanebob

Mar 16, 2018
...the video isn't of a press conference. It's of them testing the facilities in the new room. Something they would do before they were using it. Say, in the months prior to March 2021... like December 2020, for example.

www.itv.com

No 10 staff joke in leaked recording about Christmas party they later denied | ITV News

ITV News has obtained a leaked video showing Downing Street staff laughing about a party which was allegedly held in Number 10 last Christmas. | ITV National News
Good link, thanks.

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
The government could have whacked the media for the CGI or whatever is going on in the clip.

Indeed. And instead, Boris has said:

'I understand and share the anger up and down the country at seeing No 10 staff seeming to make light of lockdown measures, and I can understand how infuriating it must be to think that people who have been setting the rules have not been following the rules because I was also furious to see that clip. I apologise unreservedly for the offence that it has caused up and down the country and I apologise for the impression that it gives.'

Which would be a very odd thing to say, if you were watching a video that you knew was fake, or from a completely different time to the one being stated.

Anyway, I just found it interesting, it triggered my paranoia. Probably nothing in it really

Ah, the 'just asking questions' defence.

Yeah, I'm sure that a studio they started building in autumn 2020 wasn't ready enough for rehearsals / trial runs months later, and that they've actually used deep fakes to make it look like numerous Conservative staff were present and saying stupid things, and that Conservatives are apologizing for the video and ordering inquiries, rather than just going 'BUT THERE WAS NO STUDIO'. That's clearly the logical conclusion to make here.