Votes: 454 48.2%
  • Google Stadia will need a deep rework

Votes: 407 43.2%
  • Google Stadia is fine

Votes: 81 8.6%

• Total voters

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Ok so tried it. Latency is really good. Video feed for me at least was free of stutters but felt even lower quality than youtube. Audio, on the other hand, was horrible anyone else facing this issue

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Tried it and subscribed. I was able to play Dark Souls 3 on my phone and my older laptop pretty well. Tried also Spyro trilogy and ran very well. Input lag is definitely there (laws of physics) but it's minimal for me.
For the record I am in Canada, on a 250/20 connection. I was monitoring traffic while playing and it was pulling down a steady 30-40Mbps during gameplay.
Pretty impressed so far. This will complement all my other game platforms.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately every game I want to try isn't on there.

But not surprised it's good. Been using Parsec on and off and it's been flawless.

So I'm sure this will be nice.

Having access to the new GPUs when they launch is very sweet too.

I do wonder how it will clash with Gamepass/xCloud eventually though.

Say if I want to play the latest MS game, I'd rather pay 5 bucks to MS than Geforce since I'd have to pay the full game.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, one more question. If I subscribe for the monthly version. Will it deduct the whole year amount or just 5$

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
So do I need my PC up and running for this to work? My PC is currently at a repair store as I couldn't figure out the issue and if this lets me access my games while it's out then I'm in.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in the UK not getting great performance despite having decent internet?
I'm in London and I've got a 60mb fibre optic connection, which the stadia checker said would be enough for 4k 60fps

I've tried a couple of games on Geforce Now and it said I'd only be able to get 720 resolution on my connection. The latency was pretty decent with Metro Last Light, terrible resolution though

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't change the settings in Metro Exodus (Steam). Game needs to restart for switching to DX12, but the client immediatly close and the changes are not saved

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do I need my PC up and running for this to work? My PC is currently at a repair store as I couldn't figure out the issue and if this lets me access my games while it's out then I'm in.

No. The games are being rendered on Nvidia Servers and the video feed streamed to your device (Android Phone/Tablet, windows or macOS PC)

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Does the quality improve if you have the paid subscription ?

Because my connection is above the recommended spec but the quality is rough, it should be 1080p but it looks more like 800p, text isn't very defined

Anyway is there a list of supported games ?

All the games I've tried have defaulted to 720p. Once I change them to 1080p they get sharper.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in London and I've got a 60mb fibre optic connection, which the stadia checker said would be enough for 4k 60fps

I've tried a couple of games on Geforce Now and it said I'd only be able to get 720 resolution on my connection. The latency was pretty decent with Metro Last Light, terrible resolution though

Yeah, I'm similar. Sometimes. Sometimes when I log on it'll only let me stream 800p with my 80Mb connection. Other times it'll give me 1080p. I can get 4k/60 on Stadia with this.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this capable of 4K or capped at 1080p? If it does 4K I might use this as a stop-gap solution before the next gen Nvidia cards arrive. At 1080p I might do some RTX.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

I have 200mb Virgin Media and it runs like trash on my MacBook Pro 2019 connected to 5GHz WiFi.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am really, really impressed.

It really is.

Is this capable of 4K or capped at 1080p? If it does 4K I might use this as a stop-gap solution before the next gen Nvidia cards arrive. At 1080p I might do some RTX.

I have not found one single game where RTX can be activated so far.
-Metro Exodus doesn't let me change settings (they do not save and game needs to restart to change them)
-Shadow of the Tomb Raider is not available
-Control is not available

Maybe Wolfenstein Youngblood, but I'm not spending 30€ to try it out.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
-Metro Exodus doesn't let me change settings (they do not save and game needs to restart to change them)

You got Quake 2?

Oct 25, 2017

That sucks, I'll wait for it to work then. Do you have the paid version? Seems like it's needed for RTX.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to laugh when I installed on my cheapo Chromebook and the game launched as I can't get Stadia to work on it.. But both games I tried froze before the title screen

nesty_dara

Feb 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Do you guys know if the playtime & trophies while streaming Steam are supported?

If I play a game from Steam via GeForce Now, would the playtime count normally?

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Games ran fine for me. But definitely noticeable input lag in both.

Still managed to come first in a race and get a nice dead cells run going though.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
RTX in Quake 2 is about 25fps faster on a 2080Ti over what's currently in Geforce NOW.
Same settings, same resolution. ~70 over ~50 fps

Jako

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys know if the playtime & trophies while streaming Steam are supported?

If I play a game from Steam via GeForce Now, would the playtime count normally?

I think it's just like logging in with your Steam account on another PC, so they should work. Cloud saves work for sure.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Missed the part where you're limited to 6 hours for a session. I guess it's not so bad since you can start a new session afterwards, but it's kinda weird. I don't think any other platform does that. The closest I can think of is PS4's Share Play being locked to an hour per session.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think Nintendo would ever allow a Streaming service into the Switch (I mean, the didn't even allow a local streaming app like Moonlight) unlike they're desesperate and NVidia wants to include it in some sort of deal.

I can, however, see them launching, along with NVidia, some sort of Nintendo Now in their Online service (With NVidia's help of course)
There's already several streamed games on the switch. Nintendo only cares about the cut and far as Geforce now is concerned Nintendo wouldn't be seeing a penny from the way it's currently implement.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
As someone who doesn't own a gaming pc, it felt unbelievable to be able to play destiny 2 on my laptop. I might just buy steam games like Witcher 3 just to play them via geforce now.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I have 200mb Virgin Media and it runs like trash on my MacBook Pro 2019 connected to 5GHz WiFi.
Yep. I have 75mb/s fibre and while I can stream from Shadow at either 1440p or 4K 60fps, the GeForce now video looks like it's sub-720p despite me setting it at 1080p and allowing the client to saturate my connection.

EDIT: This is on a MacBook Pro as well.

Green Stig

Feb 27, 2019
When out on a limb and purchased Disco Elysium to test on it this morning. Been playing on my Mac book pro (UK Virgin Media 300mbs). I've had some slight lag but only for a second or so.

This is perfect for a Dad who is unable to spend X amount of hours locked away on gaming on a PC. Tempted to purchase the Founders service.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
When out on a limb and purchased Disco Elysium to test on it this morning. Been playing on my Mac book pro (UK Virgin Media 300mbs). I've had some slight lag but only for a second or so.

This is perfect for a Dad who is unable to spend X amount of hours locked away on gaming on a PC. Tempted to purchase the Founders service.
You get 90 days free and can cancel before the first charge, so no risk. They are cutting the deal as soon as they have a specific amount of subs

Last edited:

nesty_dara

Feb 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland

I play Disco Elysium on a Surface Pro 5 (2017) and its barely playable - looking forward to test it on GeForce Now!

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
i cant have dualshock 4 to work on geforce now in android. android see it, but geforce now up dont.