boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
eDQvTAB.jpg

"Why yes I do bring my Switch everywhere I go. How did you know?"

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Jokes in this thread aside, its worrying how 4chan garbage tier stuff like this is becoming mainstream

My 14 and 16 year old cousins refers to their friends/class mates as chads and virgins

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Oh goodie i see we're at the stage, yet again, where some Era dudes come out to admit they too could have joined a misogyny hate group if things had only be slightly different when they were younger.

I always love this part of group therapy... I know as a women I love love hearing how easy some men feel they could have joined in with a group who wants us dead.... Good shit.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
I always love how the evidence for "looks aren't everything" is based on the level of attractiveness of the women these guys are with. Instead of stuff like "I know average/below average looking guys in loving, healthy relationships with women."

Translation of what people mean: A man's appearance isn't everything, so he should try to get the most attractive woman possible regardless of how he looks. Her looks are obviously her key attribute and defining trait.

Oct 25, 2017
Can we stop saying people in a Hate Group are "Mentally ill"? This shit is a fucking huge disservice to actual mental illness. I'm really sick of how easily and often it gets tossed around here as an explanation or excuse. Incels are first and foremost a radical hate movement and need to always be treated directly through that lens.

These guys are just assholes and trash that need a good ass kicking. Racists and Nazis aren't "mentally ill" either, they're just fucking Racists and Nazis.
As an excuse, it's unacceptable, but it's clear that mental illness is co-morbid with their misogyny and other toxic beliefs. I agree we should see them as a hate group first, though.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh goodie i see we're at the stage, yet again, where some Era dudes come out to admit they too could have joined a misogyny hate group if things had only be slightly different when they were younger.

I always love this part of group therapy... I know as a women I love love hearing how easy some men feel they could have joined in with a group who wants us dead.... Good shit.

Right? These threads are always a barrel of fun..

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Translation of what people mean: A man's appearance isn't everything, so he should try to get the most attractive woman possible regardless of how he looks. Her looks are obviously her key attribute and defining trait.
Right, it's just really fun to read as woman.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
So do incels loathe or idolize Chads?

Fyi, my buddy's name is Chad. He is literally 6'5, heavy weight amateur MMA fighter, charismatic, and absolutely loves that he is the stereotypical image of beauty for incels. He sometimes trolls them on their forums for not being as alpha as him. I wish I could do that. My life would be complete.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Thought this was a good tweet

No it's not. "Revenge" is rarely the right way to look at issues like this, especially if those people didn't create the situation and don't have any power to significantly change the situation.

Oh goodie i see we're at the stage, yet again, where folks come out to admit they too could have joined a misogyny hate group ifg things had only be slightly different....

Right? These threads are always a barrel of fun..

I can fully understand the hatred towards incels here (and I share it), but you aren't a bad person because you came to a point in your life where you may have gone down a dark path and didn't end up going down it. It implies that people can't grow or change in any meaningful way.

As one of the people you're criticising here, I have the experience to say that joining a group such as the incels isn't a binary "choice," that you just decide on based on what you inherently are. Yes, it is a choice in the end, but it's one that is heavily influenced by your situation, your support groups, your education, and the words of very persuasive people. It's something that happens over time with many, many degrees of severity between "lonely socially awkward guy" and "woman-hating incel," and even a slight change in someone's situation can make it so that they fall down the slippery slope to the latter. None of that is an excuse, but it's the unfortunate reality of how cults and gangs such as incels almost always work.

So do incels loathe or idolize Chads?

Fyi, my buddy's name is Chad. He is literally 6'5, heavy weight amateur MMA fighter, charismatic, and absolutely loves that he is the stereotypical image of beauty for incels. He sometimes trolls them on their forums for not being as alpha as him. I wish I could do that. My life would be complete.

Both, I suppose. It's like how people can despise the rich whilst wanting to be rich (of course that's highly different, but it's the same principle).

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I can fully understand the hatred towards incels here (and I share it), but you aren't a bad person because you came to a point in your life where you may have gone down a dark path. I'm really not sure I like that implication.

As one of the people you're criticising here, I have the experience to say that joining a group such as the incels isn't a binary "choice," that you just decide on based on what you inherently are. Yes, it is a choice in the end, but it's one that is heavily influenced by your situation, your support groups, your education, and the words of very persuasive people. It's something that happens over time with many, many degrees of severity between "lonely socially awkward guy" and "woman-hating incel," and even a slight change in someone's situation can make it so that they fall down the slippery slope to the latter. None of that is an excuse, but it's the unfortunate reality of how cults and gangs such as incels almost always work.
It's very hard to see it as anything other than a conscious choice to hate when cis women and trans people who deal with similar (or more dangerous) circumstances don't end up in literal, violent hate groups.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe tell your buddy to not do that?
When dealing with unstable people, you never know what will finally trigger someone to murder or murder-suicide and trolling incels continuously sounds like a good way to make one go kill women.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I can fully understand the hatred towards incels here (and I share it), but you aren't a bad person because you came to a point in your life where you may have gone down a dark path and didn't end up going down it. It implies that people can't grow or change in any meaningful way.

Try saying you could have seen yourself joining ISIS and tell me how much sympathy you'd expect to get.

PS my post was actually not an invitation for you to let me know that you too believe you could have once wanted to murder people like me

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
This just makes me say thank god for my glorious jawline

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Plenty of us have dealt with self-loathing in the past, that does not mean that we have come close towards being part of a hate group.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
No it's not. "Revenge" is rarely the right way to look at issues like this, especially if those people didn't create the situation and don't have any power to significantly change the situation.

Didn't create what situation? Being psychotic women haters who call for their deaths and enslavement on forums?

And what do you mean don't have power to change the situation? Of course they do. They can behave differently. That's on them.

This sounds like incel apologetics.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I remember as a kid, my orthodontist asked if I wanted to get rid of my slight overbite and move my lower jaw forward with surgery. I asked why I would need that and he told me people tend to find it more attractive. I replied that was crazy and I was fine with the way I looked (in hindsight, that offer didn't seem ethical on his part).

It's strange reading this article about people desperate to get the same plastic surgery I rejected.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck it

You're not fucking special because you were sad, or picked on, or a loner, or a loser....

You didn't bravely overcome fucking anything by deciding you know I don't want to murder women.

You know what, a lot of us have been sad, a lot of us have had shitty lives, but most of us don't use our trauma to openly believe we could have joined a death cult bent on dominating, controlling,raping, abusing and murdering women.

The level of empathy a bunch of utterly mediocre, pathetic, white dudes get is astounding. Except it's not astounding, it's basic, it's the status quo

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe tell your buddy to not do that?
When dealing with unstable people, you never know what will finally trigger someone to murder or murder-suicide and trolling incels continuously sounds like a good way to make one go kill women.
I cannot do that. I 100% believe in trolling especially if its against hateful little shits.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Ah fuck it

You're not fucking special because you were sad, or picked on, or a loner, or a loser....

You didn't bravely overcome fucking anything by deciding you know I don't want to murder women.

You know what, a lot of us have been sad, a lot of us have had shitty lives, but most of us don't use our trauma to openly believe we could have joined a death cult bent on dominating, controlling,raping, abusing and murdering women.

The level of empathy a bunch of utterly mediocre, pathetic, white dudes get is astounding. Except it's not astounding, it's basic, it's the status quo.
Us white men need to be validated even though society validates us daily. You don't understand the hardships of being over validated does to you!!1!

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck it

The level of empathy a bunch of utterly mediocre, pathetic, white dudes get is astounding. Except it's not astounding, it's basic, it's the status quo
You're absolutely fucking right.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
There's a reason why your avatar is one of a beautiful caucasian woman you've never crossed a word with.

Edit: wait, I think you misread me. What I meant was that beautiful people, no matter how dumb OR SMART (MOstly smart, come on) will have an easier time during most interactions, when you're talking to a truly beautiful person and they're mean or negative or whatever, you're more likely to oversee those flaws. And if said person is charming and nice, god help you.

We're just wired to like beauty.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Us white men need to be validated even though society validates us daily. You don't understand the hardships of being over validated does to you!!1!

It's pretty impressive that as soon as a terrorist group becomes white facing, all of a sudden it becomes a story about how we have to save them from each other, and "that could have been me" and they get big media interviews and profiles that is totally tinged with sympathy.

And of course by impressive I meant utterly banal.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I always love how the evidence for "looks aren't everything" is based on the level of attractiveness of the women these guys are with. Instead of stuff like "I know average/below average looking guys in loving, healthy relationships with women."
Good point. That's a better way to put it. I used that because they seem to want super hot women lol, and they think they don't have the looks for them. Which is bullshit for the most part. They're just terrible people.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It's very hard to see it as anything other than a conscious choice to hate when cis women and trans people who deal with similar (or more dangerous) circumstances don't end up in literal, violent hate groups.
Plenty of us have dealt with self-loathing in the past, that does not mean that we have come close towards being part of a hate group.
It is a conscious choice, but it's one that is bound in the massive amount of contextual variables that surround the movement. Cis-women and trans people do face similar and more dangerous circumstances but they don't have a centuries-old culture of toxic masculinity behind them to develop an ideology of hate nor do they have existing hate groups with highly powerful cult-like tactics.

Even then, there are cis-women (and trans people as well, albeit much less likely) who join hate groups; ISIS, the Westborough Baptist Church, Charles' Manson's Cult all have cis-women in their ranks. Similarly the Pro-Anorexia movement, despite not being a hate group, is one that relies on cult-like tactics to influence vulnerable cis-women (and men/trans-people) into believing. All of these groups use similar tactics to prey on vulnerable people and influence (not force in most cases) them into a toxic and harmful set of beliefs.

Try saying you could have seen yourself joining ISIS and tell me how much sympathy you'd expect to get.

If they recognise what ISIS is then why wouldn't I at the very least empathise? They understood that they were vulnerable at a time in their life and can provide a useful insight into how groups like ISIS propogate. I wouldn't just throw them to the curb nor would I call them brave.

Didn't create what situation? Being psychotic women haters who call for their deaths and enslavement on forums?

And what do you mean don't have power to change the situation? Of course they do. They can behave differently. That's on them.

This sounds like incel apologetics.

I was referring to the "market-forces" idea; these people can change themselves for sure but they can't change the centuries-old reign of toxic masculinity and all that comes with it.

And no, it's not incel apologetics. Incels are scum and they should be 100% treated as the hate group they are, but like with any other hate groups a focus on deradicalisation and prevention is the only thing that I believe will actually solve the issue.

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
This is obviously moronic. Bit OT but I do wonder what should we actually do to help these people? Help them find a job remotely of interest to them to actually focus their energy on something useful? Idk

Edit: we intended as society ofc

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
They did change, for the worse.

People have horrible, horrible things happen to them every day and dont turn into scumbags because of it.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're saying they may not be a bad person at some point in the future, not that they aren't now. They certainly are now.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is a conscious choice, but it's one that is bound in the massive amount of contextual variables that surround the movement. Cis-women and trans people do face similar and more dangerous circumstances but they don't have a centuries-old culture of toxic masculinity behind them to develop an ideology of hate nor do they have existing hate groups with highly powerful cult-like tactics.

Even then, there are cis-women (and trans people as well, albeit much less likely) who join hate groups; ISIS, the Westborough Baptist Church, Charles' Manson's Cult all have cis-women in their ranks. Similarly the Pro-Anorexia movement, despite not being a hate group, is one that relies on cult-like tactics to influence vulnerable cis-women (and men/trans-people) into believing. All of these groups use similar tactics to prey on vulnerable people and influence (not force in most cases) them into a toxic and harmful set of beliefs.

If they recognise what ISIS is then why wouldn't I at the very least empathise? They understood that they were vulnerable at a time in their life and can provide a useful insight into how groups like ISIS propogate. I wouldn't just throw them to the curb nor would I call them brave.

I was referring to the "market-forces" idea; these people can change themselves for sure but they can't change the centuries-old reign of toxic masculinity and all that comes with it.

And no, it's not incel apologetics. Incels are scum and they should be 100% treated as the hate group they are, but like with any other hate groups a focus on deradicalisation and prevention is the only thing that I believe will actually solve the issue.

You're acting like the centuries-old reign of toxic masculinity only affects cis-men and that cis-women and trans people just are completely unaffected when they are the true victims here. There might be idiots who will join hate groups out there, but that does not mean that the victims of those groups are going to be happy to sit here and listen about how you almost joined a group that wants to murder them.

The fact that you think you would empathize with someone who almost joined ISIS is also kind of alarming, and I honestly think that you're not really thinking of things from the empathetic point of view that you think you are, but more from a selfish one of wanting people to not judge you for almost joining a group like that. The victims of ISIS have absolutely zero reason to empathize with someone who almost joined that group, and those are the people that I'm more concerned with here. The victims, and not the people who join hate groups for petty reasons like not being able to find a date.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Incels want a submissive sex partner and a mom at the same time, who is a virgin and will stay with him for the rest of her life.

You can't.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah these aren't people who aren't hot and ended up lonely or in a sad place. They sought out and actively chose a community that they know inspires and encourages hatred and the conversations they have, if anything, seem excruciatingly aware of how bad their choices are and they all know it. Indeed the self-flagellation demands that they know what they're doing. And why. And what the alternatives are.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
There's a reason why your avatar is one of a beautiful caucasian woman you've never crossed a word with.

Edit: wait, I think you misread me. What I meant was that beautiful people, no matter how dumb OR SMART (MOstly smart, come on) will have an easier time during most interactions, when you're talking to a truly beautiful person and they're mean or negative or whatever, you're more likely to oversee those flaws. And if said person is charming and nice, god help you.

We're just wired to like beauty.
Yeah. The reason why is because I like that the movie she's in does a really good job portraying queer women in a mainstream movie, which is pretty rare. And most of the time on here I use my own face as my avatar, because I think I'm pretty and have no qualms about that. But sure, go ahead and pretend you know who I am or why I do things.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck it

That level of empathy should be for everyone, including your example of people joining other terrorist groups, so we can understand why these trends occur and how to de-program them.