• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

NY Times reporter Michael Schmidt's dropping his new book which includes the revelation that Pence was "on standby" during Trump's sudden emergency visit to Walter Reade for a 'cerebral event'. In other words, a stroke. And I'm just 1 of many folks saying he's been having them.

Quotation disputed:

·
50m

The book says nothing about a "cerebral event." It just says that Pence was on standby if they needed to anesthetize Trump for a procedure.

Last edited:

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
I'd believe it. Eisenhower had several health scares and a heart attack that were kept out of public knowledge at the time I believe

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I thought that was the experts said as well.

He's not the healthiest dude either.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
fake news. schmidt never said anything about a "cerebral event".

this is what he described in the actual article on his book:
Describing Trump's unexpected November 2019 visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, he reports the White House wanted Mike Pence "on standby to take over the powers of the presidency temporarily if Trump had to undergo a procedure that would have required him to be anesthetized." (The vice president never had to take this step.)
www.nytimes.com

How Has Donald Trump Survived? (Published 2020)

Michael S. Schmidt’s “Donald Trump v. the United States” describes the uncomfortable tenures of two influential White House figures.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
We all knew it was a stroke. Unfortunately the ghouls in the administration would rather prop up a brain damaged dictator than do the right thing so...

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
The cat is out of the bag. It's no surprise, given the difficult tests he had to take following up. I think he was back in the hospital this last week even. He was slurring and stumbling.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, even with Schmidt correcting the tweet I still wholeheartedly believe Trump had a stroke.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
How to you make up a phrase like 'cerebral event'

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. Here I thought they hospitalized him because he had a cogent thought for the first time in his life.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I can't fucking wait for him to die.

Damn, that's harsh.

tenor.gif

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
While it seems this is BS sensationalizing, if you're a reporter and hold back something like this for your book, you're part of the fucking problem. The entire political book complex is by and large absolute garbage, fueled by cable news giving them platforms to advertise and "provoke".

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If he hasn't had a stroke he somehow managed to lose IQ during the last four years.

Either way, he's obviously unfit for office.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the reporter is disputing that, and they're the one that wrote the book, we're locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.