Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Runs are runs, sure, but King is supposed to be the golden boy comics writer at the moment. Either DC Editorial really didn't want to do it or it was the plan all along, which is a shame, cause I'm sure if King and everyone high up wanted to make Bat+Cat canon they would make it stick.

Deathstroke is way better
Priest is the man

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is the company that killed superman
and then brought him back to life
and then killed everyone who was part of death and rebirth of superman
and brought them back to life
y'all really thought there would be a permanent change to batman that they wouldn't hit reset on?
permanent? no.

change? yes.

reset? 6 months minimum.

people felt it would have been nice to at least have those stories between the marriage and the reset period.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
That'll teach me to ever think there will be character growth and development for Bruce.
Yeah fuck Tom King. I'm glad they ruined the surprise. Oh suffering and pain is blah blah blah. Goddamn it I can't believe the Joker was his self-insert for why they can't marry.

fuck

this
entire

thing.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
This is why I don't read comics. What is the point of comic books if nothing ever changes? Or when it does, give it a few years just to undo all the storylines you just read?

Comics are a joke.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I know it happens a lot but man it's like hyping up Death of Wolverine for a year then not even killing him. The fact that this has happened twice in the same year so close together is pretty nuts and I don't even give a fuck about Kitty and Colossus

I actually can't think of a bigger character they could pull the rug out off than Bruce. Least it doesn't end with Booster and Skeets getting married.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Woops NY Times got there first.

DgKt3LgUEAAUbRU-600x923.jpg

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
This is why I don't read comics. What is the point of comic books if nothing ever changes? Or when it does, give it a few years just to undo all the storylines you just read?

Comics are a joke.

There are comics with continuity and end that should be read, Transmetropolitan for example or how Dark Horse's Conan the Barbarian run was going to end with Conan as king before they lost the rights to Marvel.

But big name superhero comics I tend to avoid these days because of shit like this, much rather prefer graphic novels with continuity, and writers like Warren Ellis.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Comics are a joke.
Man if you like the format but are tired of capes give some Image books a go. Imo most of the best stuff in the industry the past few years has largely been their stuff. Self contained worlds and stories with actual progression and character growth galore, with all sorts of variety for basically anything you might want.

Trying to wish cape books into something theyre not and never will be is a waste of time. Just enjoy them for what they are and look elsewhere for other stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The spoiler was pretty obvious from Batman and Catwoman solicitations, in addition to being heavily foreshadowed in King's own run, but still shitty to spill it three days in advance.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

Comics are a joke.
The problem is that you're only looking at one specific part of the comic market. There are plenty of books that tell one continuous story from a single creative team and don't roll back changes.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This just solidifies my hate of King's run.

Comics are a joke.
Read Image comics then. They ship the best books on the shelf anyway.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I know it happens a lot but man it's like hyping up Death of Wolverine for a year then not even killing him. The fact that this has happened twice in the same year so close together is pretty nuts and I don't even give a fuck about Kitty and Colossus

I actually can't think of a bigger character they could pull the rug out off than Bruce. Least it doesn't end with Booster and Skeets getting married.
Not gonna lie Booster and Ted getting married instead would have been better than nothing.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

Comics are a joke.

Yeah. If you're going to read a cape comic you're probably best of if it's something outside of main continuity, even an animated series or video game tie-in. Something contained.

Main continuity is just WWE writing if the wrestlers didn't age.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll would enjoy your cape shit better if you just treat each arc as a self contained story like I do

I obviously still read events, but they're pretty pointless tbh

Oct 25, 2017

Comics are a joke.
This is an issue pretty much specific to large publishers i.e Marvel and DC. Expand your horizons, a lot of comics out there.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Tom King's pissed it got spoiled, I would be pissed if that's the ending.

No change, no differences, just same Ol' DC.

They have progression on some things (like Bruce having a son with Talia, sitting in the Mobius Chair, dying and having Dick Grayson and others look for him), but this is DC and Tom King deciding not to have their characters experience personal growth. We fucking get it DC -- Bruce Wayne is sad and hurt that his parents died when he was a kid. Move on. He can still be Batman and married to the woman he loves. Selina Kyle can still be Catwoman and married to the man she loves.

Just have an actual story in Batman that's not just "here's another person Thomas Wayne knew in his past coming back" or "the Joker is doing something else again and we learn more about him."

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
If they want to retcon something, can't they retcon Damian? Just go back to Tim Drake being Robin.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how he needs to be a depressed fucking loner to be The Batman?

Like, fucking hell DC

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tom King's pissed it got spoiled, I would be pissed if that's the ending.

No change, no differences, just same Ol' DC.

They have progression on some things (like Bruce having a son with Talia, sitting in the Mobius Chair, dying and having Dick Grayson and others look for him), but this is DC and Tom King deciding not to have their characters experience personal growth. We fucking get it DC -- Bruce Wayne is sad and hurt that his parents died when he was a kid. Move on. He can still be Batman and married to the woman he loves. Selina Kyle can still be Catwoman and married to the man she loves.

Just have an actual story in Batman that's not just "here's another person Thomas Wayne knew in his past coming back" or "the Joker is doing something else again and we learn more about him."
It's Tom King so all of this leading to some sort of commentary on trauma.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. If you're going to read a cape comic you're probably best of if it's something outside of main continuity, even an animated series or video game tie-in. Something contained.

Main continuity is just WWE writing if the wrestlers didn't age.
Was literally just thinking this lmao

Oct 25, 2017
I said if they pulled this I was done,

I will never buy an issue of DC comics again.

Set all this up, then have filler all the way up to THIS?
Fuck King

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
So
Catwoman
pulled a
Kitty Pride
eh?

Kitty did it worse. She destroyed Colossus soul in front of everyone he knows and to make matters worse somebody else got married in their place. I'd legit ask Dr Strange to send me to another dimension after that. Trash.

If they want to retcon something, can't they retcon Damian? Just go back to Tim Drake being Robin.

Why would they retcon such an awesome character? Super sons for life.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fuck this.

That's some terrible writing. At the very least
give that shit a few months and THEN blow the marriage up. Sure, it was always meant to be doomed, but to just chicken out before it even happens?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fuck this.

That's some terrible writing. At the very least
give that shit a few months and THEN blow the marriage up. Sure, it was always meant to be doomed, but to just chicken out before it even happens?
Exactly we got all this build up for a lazy ass Dear John break up. Do something, it barely matters what but something.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
That'll teach me to ever think there will be character growth and development for mainstream comic book characters.
FTFY.

Comic book storytellers for Marvel and DC are Scheherazades.

They sell the illusion of change, not change itself. I made my peace with that a long time ago, once I realized that Brand New Day was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man since the death of Gwen Stacy. It needed to make a step backwards to make several steps forward. In a lot of ways, I'm WAY more interested on where Tom King's Batman and Joelle Jones' Catwoman are going than I ever was before.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
I like it when DC & Marvel accidentally sync up/copy each other. Batman & Cap not really being dead but time displaced, Blackest Night & Necrosha, Damage featuring Swamp Thing and Weapon H featuring Man-Thing releasing on the same day and now X-Men Gold and this.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I feel sorry for all the shops that bought the 90 different variants. The issue probably isn't even that bad but man that marketing was on a whole other level.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
FTFY.

Comic book storytellers for Marvel and DC are Scheherazades.

They sell the illusion of change, not change itself. I made my peace with that a long time ago, once I realized that Brand New Day was the best thing to happen to Spider-Man since the death of Gwen Stacy. It needed to make a step backwards to make several steps forward. In a lot of ways, I'm WAY more interested on where Tom King's Batman and Joelle Jones' Catwoman are going than I ever was before.

the spoiler is untrue because there are plenty of comic stories that go places. they may have cycles, but they do incorporate change instead of cheap reloading and rebooting. This is a symptom of bigger tentpole comics. And it's a issue since comics became bigger and bigger business.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Kitty did it worse. She destroyed Colossus soul in front of everyone he knows and to make matters worse somebody else got married in their place. I'd legit ask Dr Strange to send me to another dimension after that. Trash.

Hey man, somebody had to have a wedding for the cheer. The X-Men put up with like non-stop grief. There is an article about that breaks down how their lives are ridiculous whirlwinds of death and trauma over 16 years of canonical existence.

We should have had Alfred marry someone as a backup wedding

Have him marry Clayface

That's what I mean. That would have been perfect.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
If your tired of comics stop reading cape comics. For fucks sake Image has been telling you for years to stop reading the same Marvel and DC books and read their books. Your ruining your own enjoyment of the medium.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
the spoiler is untrue because there are plenty of comic stories that go places. they may have cycles, but they do incorporate change instead of cheap reloading and rebooting. This is a symptom of bigger tentpole comics. And it's a issue since comics became bigger and bigger business.

It is true when it comes to Marvel and DC, if you really think about it. ElBoxyBrown gets it.

I don't stop because I fucking LOVE them and in fact while I'm pissed that I was spoiled - I had an out, but I was stupid and it was sort of obvious what the spoilers would be anyway - but then again I'm more interested on where this is going than I was before.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Daily reminder that Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Krillin are all happily married with children.

But no, let's keep the Western superheroes single because readers won't be able to relate if Peter Parker isn't a dork who dates multiple women at a time. /s

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently(seen it mentioned by 2 or 3 people)
Bane is behind everything in this run and got Holly to talk Selina out of it.
also for some reason Flashpoint Batman is alive and is with Bane scheme

Sounds stupid as hell if true.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god!!! Can't have the status quo be changed at all or have the character's experience growth or development. That would be terrible!!!/s

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Sigh...I shouldn't be surprised but I am pissed. I thought they learned their lesson with canceling Batwoman's marriage and the backlash that happened. Now this isn't worse than that was but sure isn't any fucking better. This sucks. I had a preorder for the fucking wedding issue. It said Wedding Issue in the title damn it!

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently(seen it mentioned by 2 or 3 people)
Bane is behind everything in this run and got Holly to talk Selina out of it.
also for some reason Flashpoint Batman is alive and is with Bane scheme

Sounds stupid as hell if true.
sounds like trying to fool the kids with tickets to disneyland. mom and dad are still getting divorced.