Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
And this is a Blue-ish city/state. I am going out of my mind trying to understand how they can stand there and lie like this.

Oct 25, 2017
And this is a Blue-ish city/state. I am going out of my mind trying to understand how they can stand there and lie like this.

They play the game too and they love those union votes. In reality these protests probably mark the first time police reform is going to serious hit the democratic agenda. It's going to become another one of those zero sum issues with Republicans.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Is Wilson fucking Fisk the chief of police in NY? DeBlasio and Cuomo are making jackasses of themselves on the daily with this shit.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
And this is why the protest should only be beginning. Fuck these assholes. I'll be out tomorrow.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Aren't there police private chat records where they joke and talk about killing DeBlasio and his family?

Fucking grow a spine!

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
This makes me so goddamn angry that these boomer dicks just have their blinders on to social media and its influence. Everyone in America now has their own camera and has been documenting this shit non-stop but because it's not in print or on the News at 10 they don't give a fuck.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I hope now people see that maybe, just maybe, there are other ways for police - or the concept of policing - to exist so that they don't have to assume "oh shit, NYC will burn if there's no cops".

Don't think we're at that point yet, unfortunately. Right now lot of focus is on nationwide police reform, and New Yorkers love to think of themselves as special. Addressing the NYPD may require a completely separate endeavor in its own right.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think we're at that point yet, unfortunately. Right now lot of focus is on nationwide police reform, and New Yorkers love to think of themselves as special. Addressing the NYPD may require a completely separate endeavor in its own right.

Honestly, the super forces (LAPD, NYPD, Chicago PD, etc) would need that "special approach" due to their largesse and their historical presence in policing/the strengths of their unions. But you're right...NYPD would need some talking to beyond even that.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Man, if only there were videos recorded of such many, many, many police brutality violations they could take a loo- OH WAIT A MINUTE

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
NYPD exists to harass people on behalf of the wealthy so this is not surprising.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats are fucking complicit in whats going down in American streets today. The only thing they fucking have going for them is that their presidential candidate isn't a fucking fascist. That's how low the political bar is in the US.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
There are videos of the NYPD literally running over protesters in their vehicles. Literally.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
how about displaying police abuses in Times Square?? lot's of big TV displays there

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
There are videos of the NYPD literally running over protesters in their vehicles. Literally.

de Blasio saw them. He blamed the protesters for being in front of the cars running them over

www.resetera.com

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio: I don’t blame police for driving into protesters

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio has recently stated in response to the video of NYPD ramming their vehicles into protesters in the Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn that he does not blame police for doing that:

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Glad to see Cuomo exposed. He got too much good press for COVID19, which he also bungled.
Yep. He was like, we don't need to shelter in place just a week or two before it all went to hell over there.

"Look my daughter got what she deserved ok."

- Mayor
Guy is paid for by the NYPD.

This is exactly what he's saying. It is wild. Too bad J Cole instagram got suspended.

edit: not j cole, Cole Escola
What happened here?

Seems like we're all just being played by the police departments.

Marijuana is still illegal in NYS and cops use this to harass POC.
Exactly. Weed is legal in so many places in the US, but not in NY/NYC. It's absolutely insane.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
de Blasio saw them. He blamed the protesters for being in front of the cars running them over

www.resetera.com

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio: I don’t blame police for driving into protesters

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio has recently stated in response to the video of NYPD ramming their vehicles into protesters in the Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn that he does not blame police for doing that:
Simple fucking amazing. He must really fear the NYPD. They must have some dirt on him they threaten him with.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
I don't know, maybe they're looking at this from a relative point of view and comparing themselves to the LAPD. Honestly I don't know which one is worse.. or wait... ACAB.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. He was like, we don't need to shelter in place just a week or two before it all went to hell over there.

Exactly. Weed is legal in so many places in the US, but not in NY/NYC. It's absolutely insane.

Because the NYS/C Democratic machines require bloated patronage bureaucracies as a part of their power structure. Cannot justify 40,000 (NYPD, PAPD, MTA PD) extremely overpaid civil servants ($400k PAPD) without a significant amount of "crimes" to enforce.