• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Oh for fucks sake. The last thing we need is any kind of retaliatory bullshit for taking down an unmanned drone.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I hate the fuck, he is legitimately wary to start a new war, that's part of his message.

anamika

May 18, 2018
I feel so, so sorry for the Iranians. After seeing what has become of Iraq, Syria, Libya etc. And now knowing what is going to happen to them.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
He's officially pissed off every neocon/Warhawk yet there he is still their president. I'm not complaining about no conflict but he's officially shit on everything the Republicans have stood for all because he doesn't want to anger Putin ahead of 2020. We are in some weird ass times.

Oct 27, 2017
You would think he would gladly do this so why pull back? Cannot wait to hear the details of how this went down.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I feel real bad for all the military members having to deal with this.

Not the 25 year career officers, but the "just joined to have a better life" kids who now have to deal with a higher op tempo and uncertainty about war.
Already seeing memes on fb.
Comedy is relief.

Don't know why trump didn't go through with it, but I'm glad they didn't.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Would Trump start a war solely to improve his chances of getting reelected?
Weird as it sounds, I genuinely don't think he wants to start a full blown war with Iran. He likes being hostile with them for the purposes of "getting a deal" and "looking tough", but it goes any further than that and it gets completely out of his control rather than mostly out of his control.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Would Trump start a war solely to improve his chances of getting reelected?

Here's s fact . Trump is very stubborn. He insists he won't go to war like Hillary did to Iraq but him going to war with Iran is literally the same thing to him so it's his ego stopping him. That's the irony, his overinflated ego is stopping start of a war from occurring not common sense

Also his base mostly hatesstarting a war because they went after Hillary for being a war hawk and trump will bring peace and negotiate

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
You would think he would gladly do this so why pull back? Cannot wait to hear the details of how this went down.
Bullies love to talk and posture up, but never like to throw an actual punch.

Iran isn't Syria or some rebel hideout. It's a powerful and aggressive, nuclear country with the fervor of an outright theocracy. This is a lose-lose battle regardless of what Bolton peddles behind closed doors.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want to believe someone with a reasonable head rushed to ask Trump to stop it just as Bolton was popping the champagne.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this shits all over Bolton's wet dream and he finally steps down or trump sends the late night chef to go and fire him.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
Weird as it sounds, I genuinely don't think he wants to start a full blown war with Iran. He likes being hostile with them for the purposes of "getting a deal" and "looking tough", but it goes any further than that and it gets completely out of his control rather than mostly out of his control.

yup

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
So, this is something they strategically wanted to get out to the press to provoke Iran, right?

GiganticFlickeringBasilisk-small.gif

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get the idea that Trump is hesitant to go to war. Putin made it clear earlier today how he feels about the US attacking Iran. Trump likes his shows of force it makes his tiny Penis feel enlarged. The reality is an attack on Iran is not a shock and awe on Iraq or some other lesser power. Going in and Hitting Iran is going to require much better planning and the US better be prepared for possible retaliation.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the strikes were initially effectuated because Trump heard from some commanding officer that Obama wouldn't have retaliated.