Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

zqZfSnYW71qUVqJn-sTJhvToMuc7dSBFMotFTFkw-jY.jpg

Advertising clip.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
They got so lucky getting Edgo as Owen back in the day. They'll waste him, but it's still nice to see him.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
it would actually be great if "ben" comes from owen not really giving a fuck what his actual name is. lol.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
As much as I don't want another show set largely on Tatooine, I'd love to see more of these two together. Love the antagonism from Owen. Kinda neat to hear McGregor Obi-Wan be called Ben.

Also, I love how it sounds like the host gasps after the line and then says "Well that was really lovely"
McGregor is really starting to lean into Alec Guinness's vocal inflections.
Noticed that, too. I kinda like it.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
You can definitely hear more Alec Guinness in McGregor's performance, nice touch.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Lorraine sounded so genuinely thrilled with the footage that she read from a month old information sheet with the wrong date on it.

3mBJ.gif

Wonder why he calls him Ben? He knows his real name.. unless it's to help keep his identity hidden.

Unless that's in some EU thing I have never read, we never see how much Owen knows about what has happened or who Obi Wan is. They don't even really meet in any of the movies, he hands Luke to Beru and stands in the distance.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
imagine being anthony daniels, and having this entire 'farewell' send off in the final 'skywalker film' in ROTS, not only a dedicated part of the film, but all of these interviews tearfully saying goodbye to the role.... and then showing up in a VW commerical.

get that cash yo!

Anthony Daniels is an ass hat so I don't get why this would be surprising.