• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Man, with Hogan coming back and WWE still going to KSA, things can't possibly get worse, right...? I guess it can since there is yet another new Bubsy game coming out. Who keeps bankrolling those things?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The ever graceful Mayu Iwatani.

iKIBQjI.gif

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, the Shayna/Kairi rivalry will continue for awhile it seems. It looks like WWE realizes they have a feud that can carry them for awhile.

I do feel like the final match between Shayna/Kairi should have a stipulation. Maybe an "I Quit" match or something.

I know it's been mentioned before but it would be cool to see Team Joshi vs. Team MMA in War Games if for no other reason than to let Kairi and Io go insane in a weapons match.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Next Monday Arena Puebla CMLL main event should be good:

The semis should be decent too.

Also, for those looking for more wrestling to see in Wednesday AAA will stream this show via FB:

It's the first time she's done a swan dive after her foot stomp so there's a chance it will happen in the future.

Ah, ok, it would make for some great visuals.

Oct 25, 2017
List of faces WWE's managed to fuck up in the past...four years:

- Seth Rollins (they fixed this, but dude should've been a face the second he came back)
- Sami Zayn
- Finn Balor
- Becky Lynch
- Bayley
- Johnny Gargano

It's not a long list--only five of them since they fixed Seth--but the problem is they were all can't miss stars who should've been top of the card babyfaces. Instead, they've had to either turn them heel or let them rot in the midcard. If they'd stop with this obsession of making their best people look like geeks, as Bryan Alvarez would say, this wouldn't be an issue. But Finn Balor beat Bobby Lashley last week, then got fucking destroyed this week because of 50-50 booking. Then Vince talks about "Well he can't face Brock Lesnar, he's not over." Well...no shit. No matter how likable faces are, they need to be able to win matches.

So now Becky Lynch is a heel, and indeed is easily the best thing on the main roster by far. Annoying, but I'm happy she's getting the push she deserves.

How is Gargano fucked up already? Flipping him heel out of frustration for losing is kind of logical, as it with Becky. The failure with Becky was they could have made her a legit baby face chasing the belt, up & down.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
How is Gargano fucked up already? Flipping him heel out of frustration for losing is kind of logical, as it with Becky. The failure with Becky was they could have made her a legit baby face chasing the belt, up & down.

For Becky it was logical, for Gargano they'd already decided the character had managed to overcome his issues and was going to be "Johnny Freaking Wrestling". But they spent so much time trying to figure out who hit Aleister Black. And the only answer that made sense was Gargano, so oops, time to make him heel! But the episode where he beat Tony Nese made him look pretty face, only to undo that in a month's time.

Oct 25, 2017
For Becky it was logical, for Gargano they'd already decided the character had managed to overcome his issues and was going to be "Johnny Freaking Wrestling". But they spent so much time trying to figure out who hit Aleister Black. And the only answer that made sense was Gargano, so oops, time to make him heel! But the episode where he beat Tony Nese made him look pretty face, only to undo that in a month's time.

Nah, Gargano makes sense. He's got so caught up with hating Ciampa that he let it consume him to the point where he lost a match for the belt that he had pretty much won and started directing that hatred at people other then Ciampa like EC3 and Black. The Nese thing was a fake out to make you think he was doing the "I'm just going to be Johnny Freaking Wrestling" thing for like the ninth time

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, Gargano makes sense. He's got so caught up with hating Ciampa that he let it consume him to the point where he lost a match for the belt that he had pretty much won and started directing that hatred at people other then Ciampa like EC3 and Black. The Nese thing was a fake out to make you think he was doing the "I'm just going to be Johnny Freaking Wrestling" thing for like the ninth time

That fake out was a waste of time. If you were going to make him heel, you should've just stuck with the weirdo, insane version who wanted to beat Ciampa stupid.

Oct 25, 2017

He was already being consumed by it all prior to that reveal though

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually getting away from my point, which is: the dude was super over as a face and worked, but they turned him heel anyway 'cause WWE doesn't really know what to do with faces.

They can still pull it back around because he's "consumed" by the desire to win. I think they fucked him up more by instantly having do two "do or die" type feuds with Almas & Black. I burned out on "rooting" for him becuase it was so much so fast.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on nxt UK and jesus christ the heat Gibson has is great. I wish they didn't clearly edit the crowd because I can read people's mouths saying shut the fuck up. Lol

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
strong merch game, jesus

I really haven't seen any of El P but this is a very good shirt

Now you can see some

Flammable D BritishMonsoon and anyone else really

Since El P has blown up in popularity I feel the need to brag yet again that I saw him and Kyle O'Reilly go for 30 min or so last year... in what was the best match I'd ever seen live until like my mind was blown by the G1 Special at the Cow Palace

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Well, after really enjoying Evolution, I cancelled my sub. Made sure to call out the Saudi Arabia stuff as why. Will be seeing what Eve have to offer. We're familiar with a bunch of their talent and it looks like a strong roster. Hopefully someday the WWE is worthy of our or money again, but creating propaganda for a murderous regime is the final straw for me.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
EVE Show 1:

Block A: Jamie Hayter vs Madison Eagles
Block A: Viper vs Millie McKenzie
Block B: Kris Wolf vs Rhia O'Reilly
Block B: Charli Evans vs Kasey
Block C: Toni Storm vs Jinny
Block C: Command Bolshoi vs Jetta

Show 2:

Block A: Jamie Hayter vs Millie McKenzie
Block A: Viper vs Madison Eagles