• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Down for Vampyr! Isn't the combat wonky, so you're better off going for an EZ-mode story run?

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I haven't played any Need for Speed games. Are they any good? I love Burnout games… will this scratch that itch until EA stops sitting on the IP?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
how's payback ? still lootbox grind fest ? Or was it toned down ?

real question : worth playing a bit before Heat on Gamepass next month ?

I played it back when people viewed the lootboxes as being at their worst and still had quite a bit of fun with it. You'll wish that there were more of the Fast and the Furious-style setpieces in the game. But what's there is fun, and the racing is pretty great.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
I got 3 months of PS+ back in August to play Fall Guys and with the expectation that some of the other free games would be decent.

It hasn't been worth it. At all. Not for Fall Guys. Not for the other games. Not at all.

I suppose I did take advantage of the lower PS+ prices on some games, though.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
lol
saudi arabia got knack 2 instead of Vanpyre because it's not available in Saudi store.
that game was free from glitch when they released it

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
As usual the game I am interested in I already have but I have a lot of games so that's to be expected. Vampyr is really cool though, I had a great time with it.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I just got Vampyr in a Humble bundle.

I guess I'll try out NFS, though. No loss if I don't like it.

Nov 28, 2017
Vampyr is a good get. Was about to get it on steam.

NFS Payback was the one the recently got the crossplay update, or was that Heat? Haven't played'em both, anyway.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
More bargain bin titles.

Vampyr is ok I guess played it on psnow but lost interest early on.

Might try it again

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Damnit! I already own vampyr!

I really should stop buying games lol

That's happened to me several times. Or there is one game I have and the other is.... not my cup of tea. Excited to try both these out though
Vampyr is already in PSNow. Sucks that there is a lot of overlap
Sony really needs to fix that issue if they wanna compete with game pass. I'm hoping they have an announcement soon that updates PSNow and plus and revamps them into a better service

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Vampyr makes it a pretty solid month. I've wanted to try that out for a while.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Vampyr is a good get. Was about to get it on steam.

NFS Payback was the one the recently got the crossplay update, or was that Heat? Haven't played'em both, anyway.

Heat got the cross play and its a much better game, despite its flaws. At least its fair when it comes to progression and upgrading your vehicle.

Payback is locked behind a stupid slotmachine that uses real money or your soul in exchange.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vampyr is definitely flawed but I consider it to be one of my favourite games from the year it was released, even going so far as calling it one of my favourite RPGs.

The closest thing I can compare it to is Mass Effect 1 in terms of great story, some good voice acting, a memorable cast of characters, morally ambiguous choices, but with a bit of a rough combat system and some bad load times. If you spec for things like stamina and health regen combat won't be an issue. If you accept that it's essential a AA game it's actually quite impressive, especially for a studio that hasn't really gone this deep on third person combat in the past.

I cannot wait for the sequel we've been promised. I hope you'll check it out and enjoy it the way I did!

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I heard decent things about Vampyr. I want to play that. I'll give NFS a shot as well.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
how's payback ? still lootbox grind fest ? Or was it toned down ?

real question : worth playing a bit before Heat on Gamepass next month ?

It was never toned down, it has grind.

Payback is the worst NFS game of this generation, it's that simple.

To those who will be playing the game for the first time, enjoy the speedcards i guess.

Vampyr it's a good game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've been interested in Vampyr but I always forget it exists, so a PS Plus game for me finally.
I'm guessing NFS isn't so great though?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Some months you win, some months you lose. I'm a great believer in competition between the main console manafacturers being good for consumers..... So come on, Sony, you've got gamepass to compete with!

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
NFS 20GB
Vampyr 15GB

Not played a NFS game in years. Felt recently like playing a racing game to kill time, but EA practices make NFS sound horrible so I won't even download that.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Why every time im thinking about letting my sub lapse, they release a solid month with games i wanted to play?
Havent played those 2, curious about NFS one, and always wanted to play Vampyr but never bought it.

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
Will never happen, but boy I sure wish we had the option of a reduced PS+ membership that gives access to online MP but opts out of the mostly throwaway monthly games.