• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
The official Twitter account for Octopath Traveler is counting down the last 8 days to release.

Day 8: Ophilia

DhRQQ_NUYAAhV_O.jpg

Day 7: Cyrus

z6fXQUQ.jpg

Day 6: Tressa

UTnIOoU.jpg

Day 5: Olberic

HU9tZbc.jpg

Day 4: Primrose

MdXblwb.jpg

Day 3: Alfyn

AGhwYdZ.jpg

2 Days: Therion

oZ7HMa6.jpg

Day 1: H'aanit

AapBExO.jpg

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I really can't wait to play this game.

I'm excited for a meaty Jrpg. The art looks so good. I hope the game sells a lot.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Preloaded and awaiting release. Im pretty far in Hollow Knight too so it will be a smooth transition from one awesome game to another.

Shepherd

Oct 25, 2017
So hyped for this one. The Baravely series are among the best JRPGs out there, this one looks like an improvement over it.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
I was kind of like warm on this until I downloaded the prologue demo yesterday, now it's shot way up on my list. So stoked for this.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Of course they'll start 8 days prior.

Looking forward to it. Think I might go digital with this one.

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait!
Still trying to figure out who to start with...

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basically getting it for free with a Best Buy gift card I've had sitting it around. I hope to hell there are graphics options to tone down or remove the gross filters slathered over everything. Adjustable difficulty sliders would be cool too.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe this is finally out in just a week. I just picked up Ys VIII and my Switch is experiencing quality JRPG overload. What an excellent problem to have.

I'm also wondering when the review embargo is up in North America. Looks like it was already lifted in Japan.

They hit this Friday.

Well that answers that question.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I am so excited for this game. First time in a long time I can say that about a JRPG. Played a ton of the demos.

Ophelia is who I chose first. I really liked her story.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
ive bern hearing about this game for a while but still got no clue what it is.

Is it basically an old school jrpg style game?

Plum

May 31, 2018
8 travellers, 8 paths, 8 days countdown, 8 million copies sold.

That last one can't happen if the game only gets an 8/10 on Metacritic.

ive bern hearing about this game for a while but still got no clue what it is.

Is it basically an old school jrpg style game?

Pretty much. Old school JRPG with 8 playable characters all with their own stories to tell, likely to be an overarching story as well. Each party member has a 'path skill' that lets them interact with NPCs in unique ways (challenge an NPC to a duel, steal from NPC, etc). Combat system is based on weaknesses and 'banking' turns to power up individual attacks.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I don't even have the game yet and it's stressing me out. I don't know what charecter is the best to start with and how I should go about playing the game. Play chapter one 8 times with each charecter then move on, or play the whole game with a charecter and then start over with a new one?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
When is the embargo dropping? Wasn't it supposed to be sometime this week?

Guardians

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Can't wait to play that Video Game :D I will stream Octopath Traveler probably 1-2 days earlier on Twitch for everyone who is interested ;)

Last edited:

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Therion is probably going to be the character I start with, but I liked Ophelia so she'll probably have a spot on my team.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even have the game yet and it's stressing me out. I don't know what charecter is the best to start with and how I should go about playing the game. Play chapter one 8 times with each charecter then move on, or play the whole game with a charecter and then start over with a new one?

...You can and are intended to play every character's story in a single playthrough. It doesn't matter who you start with—choose your favorite.
When is the embargo dropping? Wasn't it supposed to be sometime this week?

The full review embargo lifts the day before release, as per usual, but we'll get more preview reviews this weekend.