• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Octopath Traveler is goreges and I think it's right that we have a pic and gif thread on it, I'd love to see everyone's images of it!

Here are just some of mine.

DgTYii-U8AA2gd0.jpg

DgTYnV1UEAEm-58.jpg

DgTYt_KUcAEU532.jpg

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The water and the boats movement in the water was when I was like ok yeah I'm glad this game has the visual style it does

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, I played the demo for a few minutes. Can I switch between protagonists whenever I want or what?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
So, I played the demo for a few minutes. Can I switch between protagonists whenever I want or what?

You spend Chapter 1 traveling to the other travelers' towns (in whichever order you want) and recruiting them, at which point you can change your party members and whose tale you're following at any tavern.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I imagine the pokemon games would have ended up looking like octopath if they kept the gen 5 style
As much as I like this style idk how I'd feel about Pokémon having this. Not really a Pokémon thread and might be a weird take but that franchise is too important to not be more ambitious in its art style. Not saying it'll be a franchise (wouldn't mind if it was a one-off) but Octopath is new and can make more of a name for itself through this art style.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like this style idk how I'd feel about Pokémon having this. Not really a Pokémon thread and might be a weird take but that franchise is too important to not be more ambitious in its art style. Not saying it'll be a franchise (wouldn't mind if it was a one-off) but Octopath is new and can make more of a name for itself through this art style.
Oh I agree, I'm just saying with the direction gen 5 was going if they never changed it would probably look like this about now.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I still can't decide if I love this look, or hate it. I know I already preordered the game months ago, and do love the way it plays, but something about the art is... weird. Not "bad" weird, I guess but it seems "off".

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I kind of wish the vignetting wasn't as harsh at points. But yeah the snow and port town locations look stunning.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you hold the Share button, but I think it's only like a minute or less that it captures, and quality seems variable.
It's 30 seconds (it's supposed to be configurable in a coming update IIRC). Quality is generally decent, but since Twitter compresses video to hell you're better off using an SD card and uploading them manually.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Are all your pics from docked mode? I don't remember the handheld looking like that, the character story I played at least.