• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What rating do you think this game will get?

• 90+

Votes: 98 12.2%
  • 80+

Votes: 475 59.2%
  • 70+

Votes: 99 12.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 13 1.6%
  • "Garbage like Xenoblade 2"

Votes: 117 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowForks

May 29, 2018
The embargo doesn't rise until Thursday, just read the tea leaves from people who seem farther in the game than others rather than go on witch hunts.

Plum

May 31, 2018
ShadowForks entire post history is in this thread. Within an hour of asking when it would be on the eShop so they could play it, they posted the tweet as if they knew how it was structured.

It was clear they were wrong anyway after Schreier's posts, but unless they have some kind of reason for it I think we all got intentionally trolled.

...did anyone even point any of this out before, and I just missed it in the mess when catching up on the thread this morning...?

This thread:

source.gif

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't in that thread, what does this mean?

Back at the old site, people are trying to wiggle out the final details of FFXV's plot before it came out, much like this one. Reviews were just starting to trickle out, and an "industry insider" came out of the woodwork to assuage fears that there was a big pay off, and the other reviewers were unaware/had not reached it yet.

Schreier came out and asked the guy a question that would prove whether he knew what he was talking about or not and the guy vanished back into the woodwork, and was later banned as per policy. It echoes this guy tweeting the same situation saying that there's this big pay off/hidden chapter and Schreier showed up again and is calling BS on what the new guy said.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
ShadowForks entire post history is in this thread. Within an hour of asking when it would be on the eShop so they could play it, they posted the tweet as if they knew how it was structured.

It was clear they were wrong anyway after Schreier's posts, but unless they have some kind of reason for it I think we all got intentionally trolled.

...did anyone even point any of this out before, and I just missed it in the mess when catching up on the thread this morning...?
Seems like spreading false info is perfectly fine around here. Dude's not even banned.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Despite the obvious flaws in this game i think i will enjoy it very much. Gonna take a half day on friday to play.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I've gone over my concerns in this thread, and I share some worrying. I expect to have issues with some parts of it but to largely enjoy it. So I hope that's the case without it being too frustrating, now that I've set my expectations as a result of these discussions.

Though I also think I'll most likely come out of it happy, but still at least slightly disappointed it wasn't what it could have been if they'd actually committed to the characters traveling with each other in-story and not just somehow there for the combat, hmm.
Same here. I think I've set my expectations to a reasonable level. I think Bravely had the benefit of having little to no expectations going in and I'm projecting my experience of Bravely Default onto Octopath which is never a good way to go into a game. talking it how it helping a some and I hope its enough to not let my dumb ass ruin my own experience.

ShadowForks

May 29, 2018
Can't watch right now, what are the general impressions so far?
He's not a big fan of JRPGs, but the storytelling and the characters he's using make it really appealing to him. He thinks some of the character's stories vary in quality, but revisiting the areas he's been before and interacts with people in a new and different way.

He's far removed from nostalgia for the genre, and is ending up really liking it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
He's not a big fan of JRPGs, but the storytelling and the characters he's using make it really appealing to him. He thinks some of the character's stories vary in quality, but revisiting the areas he's been before and interacts with people in a new and different way.

He's far removed from nostalgia for the genre, and is ending up really liking it.

Ah, that's good to hear. The only 'traditional' JRPGs I've played are Persona 4 and 5 (and even then they're not really that traditional) so it's good to hear that newcomers/casual players of the genre are liking it.

ShadowForks

May 29, 2018
Ah, that's good to hear. The only 'traditional' JRPGs I've played are Persona 4 and 5 (and even then they're not really that traditional) so it's good to hear that newcomers/casual players of the genre are liking it.
Yep, he said just from a storytelling angle it's quite excellent.

He didn't mention much about his impressions on the battle system, but what more could possibly be said?

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, honestly am pretty sure I'll like the gameplay: I trust the team. Then the aesthetic just appeals to me more than Bravely. As does the story-telling conceit from the outside, but I'll see.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Do you want to reply to anything that's been said about your tweet or are you just going to keep dropping links to videos and such...?
Damn he has the nerve to show up and not say a word.
The embargo doesn't rise until Thursday, just read the tea leaves from people who seem farther in the game than others rather than go on witch hunts.
Wait he did. But damn he better hope Thusday pulls out a miracle or he's done.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just as confused as before but thanks for trying to explain either way guys, haha.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread...man. This is quintessential Reset gaming side right here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I really don't want to lead a mob against someone or anything like that.

It's just bizarre to keep posting about other videos and stuff, hah.

Well, sorry for missing this, then.

But maybe you should have said that at some point instead of just linking your own tweet (and literally just the link) without any context...? Maybe it's unfair to read bad faith from it, but dropping that here and then never acknowledging it was just a guess when people got riled up thanks to it's not a great thing to do.

That being said, I still don't understand how (apparently) none of us saw that you were posting your own tweet, an hour after indicating you hadn't played the game yet.

We're all geniuses, here.