• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
The partial map shown in the initial teaser trailer of Octopath Traveler has been fully shared by its creator (FrancescaBaerald). Her comments are as below:
Hi!I did this map in 2017 but forgot to share it here
razz.gif

This is the map that Square Enix used for the teaser trailer of the video game RPG "Project Octopath Traveler" (due for release in 2018 ).
Here's the trailer with a glimpse of the map: https://youtu.be/Gp-Y_FgDHjQ

Also I've painted the map for the free Demo that has been released on September 2017 but unfortunately I can't share the demo map yet.
And of course there will be a full map once the game is published
wink.gif

I'm so excited about this project! Working with Square Enix has been incredible.

(As always made with watercolour and ink on paper)

Source - https://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=40335

JVEmwV5.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I need to remember to get this when it comes out, specially if there is a physical release

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a lovely map.

Reminds me of that Dark Souls map that was floating around years ago.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
The aesthetics of this game and the related artworks / material ticks all boxes with me. I can't wait till we get a release date. IT will feel like FF6 launch week again.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I always loved hand-drawn maps for games. Shame it's basically a disappeared art at this point. And this one looks awesome.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Once I get the ability to I'm immediately going to the "Lake of the Ghost Knight"

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
When the fuck are we going to find out more about this game? They dropped a bomb in the form of a meaty demo and then haven't said or shown shit for months. I mean there's this and them saying the soundtrack was completed... but I would've expected at least a new trailer or more character introductions by now.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, it's Nintendo who publishes this, not SE. So I wouldn't expect it before June at the earliest.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Give us that sweet release date Square.
No way the release date will be announced outside of a Direct.
This will more or less be treated like a first party release for us like Bravely Default.
When the fuck are we going to find out more about this game? They dropped a bomb in the form of a meaty demo and then haven't said or shown shit for months. I mean there's this and them saying the soundtrack was completed... but I would've expected at least a new trailer or more character introductions by now.

Next Direct - so it wont be too long.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
cool map
once got a 3k (or maybe 5k) piece jigsaw puzzle that looked like that and took two weeks to solve

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She must have some damn good work to seek her out like that. But going by the quality of the OT map, it was worth it

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I might be more excited for this title than anything else in the Switch's near future, and that includes DKC Tropical Freeze; which is a notably out there statement for a DK fanatic like myself. I'm hoping that a playthrough with one character takes around the same amount of time or shorter than a play through of Chrono Trigger, to keep that pacing tight like the classics and to avoid filler BS that plagues most modern RPG's, even my beloved Witcher 3, and that there's a hell of a new game plus feature where characters keep equipment and levels from the previous character's file even if you choose a new character. I'm probably asking a lot, but I'm super excited for this game regardless. Now about that release date.....

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It's all a bit strange tbh.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
You know, when I heard about I Am Setsuna and then Lost Sphear, something like Octopath Traveler is what I was hoping for.

Still uberhyped for this