• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wazflame

Sep 11, 2023
Beating an unbeaten India team in their backyard, in a final, is an incredible effort - I begrudgingly have to respect it

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Beating an unbeaten India team in their backyard, in a final, is an incredible effort - I begrudgingly have to respect it

This is the worst thing about the Aussies. They're chippy, confident, stubborn, mocking and really fucking too good at sport. I can't begrudge them. Only makes their (rare) defeat (at the hands of England) all the more fun, hah.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
This is the worst thing about the Aussies. They're chippy, confident, stubborn, mocking and really fucking too good at sport. I can't begrudge them. Only makes their (rare) defeat (at the hands of England) all the more fun, hah.

Apart from Rugby Union, at which they are so shockingly bad at the moment to the point where people feel bad for them.

Edit - the at the moment doing a lot of lifting there obviously!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Apart from Rugby Union, at which they are so shockingly bad at the moment to the point where people feel bad for them.

Aye, but given population size + duration of historical strengths in their primary sports, they punch above their weight consistently. It's admirable and fucking annoying. England, conversely, consistently underperforms by the same metrics!

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018

Edit - the at the moment doing a lot of lifting there obviously!

Australia is only really into Rugby League, and only in NSW and Queensland so I doubt the Wallabies will ever amount to much

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
India starting to develop knockout stage reputation like NZ and South Africa.
another-heartbreak-for-india-in-icc-events-v0-h2o82vk1ub1c1.png

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Funny, that as an Aussie that's almost exactly how I've always viewed the Indian cricket team since the late 90s. Especially during Kohli's tenure.

Rustyspider13

Nov 16, 2023
Congrats to the Aussies and thanks for a great amount of schadenfreude for me to enjoy. Head was absolutely incredible and Marnus played his part perfectly. One tiny thing bothered me though; when celebrating with the trophy, Cummins didn't actually raise the cup, but kinda gently lifted it on his knee. Made the celebration look a bit limp. Maybe I'm just too used to Football's way of doing things. But anyway, well deserved Australia!

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Five out of seven world cups over a 25 year period really is obscene.

Now to unify all three belts in the Caribbean/USA next year!

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
I'm envious of Australia. Nobody should be this dominant at sport.

Hard luck India. They didn't put a foot wrong the rest of the tournament and left their worst for last. Oz were the only team capable of beating them.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, an England tour once again. The semi-familiar feeling of poor preparation and questionable selections.

You have been missed.

Nov 14, 2017
Fantastic conclusion at the Gabba, so many narratives in play; big picture wise Shamar Joseph having such a debut and then immediately being lined up for ILT20 is another one.

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
Incredible performance by the Windies capping off a classic match of test cricket. Insane display of pace bowling by Shamar with an injured toe. Easily up there with the Marshalls and Ambroses of old

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is going down to the wire... wouldn't want to have to come back tomorrow morning to get the last wicket...

Wazflame

Sep 11, 2023
What a Day of Test Cricket - "BazBall" has produced some of England's greatest ever Test wins imo, but I think this is the best under this era because of India's record at home

I think they said India have never, in history, lost a Test at home after having a 100+ run first innings lead

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I missed the match but looking at the scoreboard, Pope's innings looks like it would rank among the best ever.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Incredible performance by the Windies capping off a classic match of test cricket. Insane display of pace bowling by Shamar with an injured toe. Easily up there with the Marshalls and Ambroses of old

When the WI squad was announced for the tour, I honestly didn't recognise at least half of the names. That is a stunning win, and as a neutral it's genuinely great to see new WI pace bowlers come on the scene like this, world cricket needs that!

Oct 27, 2017
When the WI squad was announced for the tour, I honestly didn't recognise at least half of the names. That is a stunning win, and as a neutral it's genuinely great to see new WI pace bowlers come on the scene like this, world cricket needs that!
As a WI fan its been really really nice that weve actually won some matches so often in these past few months😭.
Doesnt make up for us not being in the ODI world cup but im hoping this is the start of sometbing new

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
As annoying as the airport bookshop self help philosophy of bazball is, I guess you can't deny the results. Can't wait to see the pitches that get dished up for the rest of the series!

As a WI fan its been really really nice that weve actually won some matches so often in these past few months😭.
Doesnt make up for us not being in the ODI world cup but im hoping this is the start of sometbing new

Hopefully bodes well for the home T20 WC at least.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Losing Jadeja is massive for their team balance - the same as losing Hardik in the WC. Probably won't only be one game either if it's a hammy.