• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Am I right or what

• Yes, he should be called Skorpion, it's a no-brainer.

Votes: 146 31.3%
  • I don't have any taste whatsoever, so Scorpion seems fine to me!

Votes: 321 68.7%

• Total voters

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Everything has a "K" in this goddamn series. Kombat, Konquer, Skarlet, Kitana, Kabal, Kano, Kotal Kahn, The Krypt, Kollector. But then what's arguably the main and most famous character in the series is called Scorpion. We need to fight against this ruthless tyranny and make Ed Boon change his mind. Not for us, but for the sake of future generations.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
No joke, but I thought he was called Skorpion for a long time, despite playing most of MK titles.

AceAlli

Oct 27, 2017
Putting aside how far this series has come and how dumb it'd be to make that change now, I agree that Skorpion is better, but if they changed him now they'd probably go sideways and make it "Squorpion" or "Sqorpion" or some other nonsense just to deliver more chaos into this world.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
only words that START with C should get changed to K

that's why Mokap was exiled

Johnny gets to be the exception

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
They need to kut that ridikulous K out of every freacing word except Kombat. Nothing irks me quite like hearing the word Koin in my head.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
You've fundamentally misunderstood the use of 'K' in Mortal Kombat. 'C's can still exist in certain scenarios deemed appropriate by Mr. Boon.

Also Cyrax is one of greatest MK names ever.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
They should. If you google scorpion, you get an insect. If they changed it, it'd be better branding in this modern, crazy times.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I think the unofficial rule is 'K's replace 'C's for anything that originates from Outworld. So in Outworld you can wager on Mortal Kombat with Koins to earn winnings to pay back the Kollector.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yes it should, Ed Boon himself makes the greatest argument up on the spot (4:21 if video doesn't load at that point).

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Adding K instead of C to words has always given me low-key Klan vibes... like a way for a business to dog whistle other Klan members.... At least that's how it's always felt in the South...