• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
www.cnn.com

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt announces he has tested positive for coronavirus

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt, who has aggressively pushed to reopen his state and flouted experts' health recommendations, announced Wednesday that he is the first governor to test positive for coronavirus.

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt announced Wednesday that he has tested positive for coronavirus.
Stitt, a Republican, said at a press conference that he was tested on Tuesday and that he feels fine, other than being a little achy.
Stitt said he is quarantining at his home and isolating away from his family.

Remember, this is the GOP guy who bragged about eating at a packed restaurant back when COVID-19 was getting serious. I can't say I'm surprised.

And yes, he was at the Tulsa rally...

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, just notified from my siblings. Gotta love my state. Stitt is a clown ruining people's lives. He was out in the open at packed restaurant venues taking pictures, encouraging people to go out and live life. You hate to see it.

I could see one of three things happening:
1. He gets super sick, barely recovers, and realizes this isn't a joke and makes way for proper mandates to how the state handles COVID.
2. He barely notices anything, recovers, and goes on with the notion that it's not that big a deal.
3. Stitt doesn't make it, Oklahoma finally starts giving a shit.

My guess is #2.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
It's obviously plausible given what we know about symptoms but I find it interesting how these GOP fuckheads who catch it are like "Nah I feel pretty much normal." Some of them are definitely full of shit, trying to avoid admitting how bad it is to their supporters so they don't look stupid for all the dumb shit they've said about the virus.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick"
Jun 17, 2018
Stitt can literally get as fucked as possible, the absolute garbage subhuman piece of Trumpian shit.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Democrats and journalists need to start calling Republicans for what they are, and that's 100% evil. They're as morally bankrupt as it comes, and people need to stop sugarcoating it. We're long past things being a difference of opinion.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Thoughts and prayers. I see cases are spiking in Oklahoma as well. The Trump rally helped to spread the virus as well and it would have been worse if they actually got the number of people they wanted to attend.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit made this great little infographic. I especially liked how they tallied up other historic death counts in comparison.

k0382g8egva51.png

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
I have people I work with here STILL saying it's the flu, it's a cold, it's not a big deal, it'll go away on its own. I have no idea what it's going to take for a lot of the folks in this state to take this seriously.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
I have people I work with here STILL saying it's the flu, it's a cold, it's not a big deal, it'll go away on its own. I have no idea what it's going to take for a lot of the folks in this state to take this seriously.
I don't wish ill on the man, but even if he were be hospitalized or worse, I still don't think it would change people's minds here. He probably won't be hospitalized and end up fine. Then those that are claiming it's not that bad will have all the proof they need.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't wish ill on the man, but even if he were be hospitalized or worse, I still don't think it would change people's minds here. He probably won't be hospitalized and end up fine. Then those that are claiming it's not that bad will have all the proof they need.
Literally what I was just reading.
"Most people will just recover and have the benefit of the antibodies. We should all just get it and get it over with."

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Last edited:

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
UPDATE: Gov. Kevin Stitt tests positive for COVID-19; recent photo shows him at Walmart without mask on
kfor.com

UPDATE: Gov. Kevin Stitt tests positive for COVID-19; recent photo shows him at Walmart without mask on

One day after Oklahoma saw its largest spike in COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began, Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt announced that he has tested positive for the virus.

Doomed

Wow, talk about getting high on your own supply. Someone needs to get this guy the memo the other GOP governors saw; you're only supposed to try to fuck over other people, man.

Oct 26, 2017