Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Capcom Five conference:

FattFiDWYAUESfq

Shinji Mikami, Hiroyuki Kobayashi, ???, ???, Hideki Kamiya & Goichi Suda (Suda51).

Kamiya really used to have a thing for leather lol. Mikami looks to the best too.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel like leather was just way more in across the board around that time. Still so surreal seeing people dressed that way. So much swagger in one photo

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Space Harrier development team, circa 1985:
SpaceHarrier_team_1985.png

Best I can tell, that's Yu Suzuki standing up in the middle and Hiro on the left.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The classic, id Software's first office. Think this photo here was taken in 1990. You can see Carmack working on the Super Mario 3 demo for Nintendo.

romero_carmack_mariodemo-L.jpg

tumblr_p1srlpCnQx1r4g6x9o2_1280.jpg

This image here was taken in 1996 while they were working on Quake.

Those windows are not condusive with development.

It's funny that Ion Storm's offices had the sane kind of windows on the top floor of their skyscraper as well

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I kind of love the idea of old ass developers.

I'd watch the fuck out of a show about some dudes in an apartment or garage or old storage unit in some bumfuck town making a game on the C64, going to old ass tech shoes with dudes in coke bottle glasses smoking cigarettes, follow them as they move to a larger but still small city and start coming up on the NES and PC and SNES/Genesis.

End it before the PS1 era. Just do a post script that one of them got canceled, one is now a dentist, and one made a huge AAA game during the PS2 days and is a celebrity in their own right.

I guess that's what the Romero show will be like though.

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States
I kind of love the idea of old ass developers.

I'd watch the fuck out of a show about some dudes in an apartment or garage or old storage unit in some bumfuck town making a game on the C64, going to old ass tech shoes with dudes in coke bottle glasses smoking cigarettes, follow them as they move to a larger but still small city and start coming up on the NES and PC and SNES/Genesis.

End it before the PS1 era. Just do a post script that one of them got canceled, one is now a dentist, and one made a huge AAA game during the PS2 days and is a celebrity in their own right.

I guess that's what the Romero show will be like though.

Halt & Catch Fire has similar vibes which is why it's one of my favorite shows.

Ingueferroque

Banned
Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY
Don't know about the famous bit, but here's a photo of me at Team17 HQ shortly after Worms released in 1995.

Good times!

IMG-0003.jpg

Worms was amazing, despite growing up with an Amiga 500 I actually bought the Macintosh version first. It was kind of silly that it shipped on a CD-ROM (and I guess that served as some kind of copy protection, since you had to put in the CD to play?) but.. great times!