DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5zQisOs.jpg

Five key members of the Breath of Fire III team. Top (L-R): Hironobu Takeshita, Yoshinori Takenaka, Makoto Ikehara. Bottom (L-R): Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Tatsuya Kitabayashi.

Source: http://shmuplations.com/breathoffireiii/

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
8b0de2ad692cf44df590d9d4588e3a403da7a613.png

Left to right:

Setsuko Miyakoshi, Yasuhiro Wada, and Tomomi Yamatate.

This is the main trio that basically codified the gameplay of both the farming and life sim genres.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
While browsing reddit I came across this magnificent photo set of Shigeru Miyamoto in his office working on Super Mario Bros. 3

WWWvke5.jpg

Master at his work indeed. Also didn't knew he smokes! Are there any other goldies like this?

I love the story about the Argonaut guys getting brought to Japan to work on Star Fox, being placed in some dingy backroom away from all the other developers. It was also one of the few places you could smoke in the building, so they had the added benefit of Miyamoto dropping by for smoke breaks and providing advice while he was there.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I adore this thread.

It's like pulling back the curtain, and seeing the real people that made all of the games that shaped my childhood.

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
Richard Garriott, Brad McQuaid and Richard Vogel at E3, 1998, where Brad was demoing EQ for the legendary Ultima creators. "The first game that blew my mind was Ultima 2," said McQuaid in a Facebook post that accompanied this photo.

RIP Brad 🙁

mcquaid.jpg

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Yep! Koji Igarashi, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Ayami Kojima, Albert II of Monaco, and Stefanie Joosten.
Oh wow, didn't know that Ayami Kojima is there in the picture, after she went all absent after Castlevania, glad she is well.
Koji and Sakaguchi too. Three of the greats, and two former Konami employees in there.
Well three, at least if you count MGS V. Great picture, thanks for sharing.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Don't know about the famous bit, but here's a photo of me at Team17 HQ shortly after Worms released in 1995.

Good times!

IMG-0003.jpg

Last edited:

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
025.jpg

Sega Development Studio tour. Top: Hisashi Suzuki (AM2 business director), Yu Suzuki (AM2 development head), Hisao Oguchi (AM3 development head), Steven Spielberg, Mark Cerny. Bottom: Mie Kumagaya (AM3 developer) and Steven Spielberg's son.

latest

(Yoji Shinkawa & Kazuma Kaneko)

p0f7bl1fus241.png

Cx81DvlXUAANM3S.jpg

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
This thread has made me realise that a good portion of Japanese Devs are just absolute Gangstars lmao. So slick.