EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
ass

the only thing old i would say was a candy cane. i found it in my jacket still wrapped. probably at least a good 3 years maybe?
its probably because i never washed the jacket since i bought it.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've eaten instant ramen that "expired" 3-4 years earlier.

Shit's vacuum sealed so I can't imagine it ever truly going bad.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
eaten idk but we recently cleared out some soda that has been expired for years. flat as fuck, but it tasted fine.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Mac n Cheese Velveeta.. was over a year old expired. Was 100% fine. Taste was fine, smell was fine, only change was slightly darker color.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
not 120 years old, for sure

i've drunk 10+ year old canned drinks (soda beer) and eaten 5+ year old pasta, no issues. i tried 3-4 year old peanut butter last year and had (very very mild, literally just felt a little gross in the throat for a few hours) food poisoning

i've eaten eggs that were refrigerated but the egg carton was "expired" 90+ days and no problem, easy test is just see if the egg floats in a bowl of water. generally i won't eat expired refrigerated food tho

suedester

Oct 25, 2017
I had a medicated throat lozenge that expired in 2016 last week, was fine. Most of the stuff in my medicine cabinet is out of date but meh.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
not 120 years old, for sure

i've drunk 10+ year old canned drinks (soda beer) and eaten 5+ year old pasta, no issues. i tried 3-4 year old peanut butter last year and had (very very mild, literally just felt a little gross in the throat for a few hours) food poisoning

i've eaten eggs that were refrigerated but the egg carton was "expired" 90+ days and no problem, easy test is just see if the egg floats in a bowl of water. generally i won't eat expired refrigerated food tho

But why

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I've had dried beans ~10 years past the best before date.

They did take a little longer to cook, though.

Old pasta is usually fine, too, but sometimes becomes brittle and basically falls apart while at a boil.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Drank some canned fruit punch that was 8 and a half years past date. Honestly tasted fine.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
came for steve mre

I've been a bit of a scaredycat but learning to get better, just smelling and seeing if it's bad.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
pudding2.jpg

I think it was still good ten (?) or so years afterwards. Still turns your poop green.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I was visiting a friends grandparents. They offered me a coke. It tasted like sand so I checked the can. The date on the can was illegible but the year started with a 9.
I survived.

Oct 25, 2017
When I was a kid I froze a grape inside a small cup of water and kept it in there for years and then eventually thawed it out and ate it.
It was just kinda mushy without a lot of taste.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't do it. It's an actual phobia of mine since I accidentally ate mouldy bread. I hate wasting food but I freak out if it's past the use by date.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Other than frozen chicken from who knows what year I once drank expired (like really expired) milk and boy I don't recommend that to anyone

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I found some SURGE in my closet that was 8 years past the expiration date. Besides being a little flat, not by much, it was fine.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
In the late 80's I ate a peanut butter ration from WW2 on a dare. It tasted like peanut butter chalk. I suffered no ill effects.

Sandcrawler

Oct 27, 2017
7 years out of date for canned tomato soup. Tasted fine. Is there some legal requirement for the dates? Most seem so conservative.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
It's not food, but I recently took some Gaviscon (liquid antacid) that I found at the back of the medicine cupboard. It tasted terrible... which was no wonder, given that it expired in 2015.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
20+ year old bubble gum from a pack of baseball cards. It basically crumbled into dust when I chewed it.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
i went to look up "whats the oldest thing eaten after expiration date" and sure enough, this thread was like #3 from the top on google. might as well post that i just ate a crab ramen that expired in 2018.