AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing talk these could be online to purchase from tomorrow?

Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch Speedmaster “Collab” | KeepTheTime.com

The Swatch Group is keeping their latest "collaboration" in-house with the new Omega X Swatch MoonSwatch. Watch collabs are still fresh for an industry that takes forever to get around to anything, but we're finally starting to see some collaborations here and there. Unfortunately, Watch Brand X...

While I love my Apple watch, I really love the look & approach that Omega took with the MoonSwatch in giving people an affordable way to own an Omega via partnering with their parent company, Swatch.

I'm in for Earth, Moon & Neptune though I also like Saturn as well...

Oct 25, 2017

The Swatch Group is keeping their latest "collaboration" in-house with the new Omega X Swatch MoonSwatch. Watch collabs are still fresh for an industry that takes forever to get around to anything, but we're finally starting to see some collaborations here and there. Unfortunately, Watch Brand X...

Hopefully, this would crater the aftermarket

If you go to the Swatch website, the "add to cart" button is greyed out but it also no longer says "available only in store" at the top of the page.

Here's hoping it goes live soon so that the aftermarket completely nosedives.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
youtu.be

The madness of the OMEGA X Swatch 'Moonswatch' launch, from INSIDE the Geneva Swatch Boutique 🤯

Read more: https://timeandtidewatches.com/ Join the club: https://www.timeandtide.club/Shop: https://shop.timeandtidewatches.com/#omegaxswatch #moonswatch To...

Crazy.
So dumb, there's a secondary smaller Swatch store a 10min walk away from that location that also sold them and you could still grab one 4hours later, with a 10-15min wait :lol

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's morning in Europe today and so far no indication of any kind of online sales for these like some websites were predicting. We'll see if it happens later in the day, but who the heck knows at this point.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They had previously made comments on Instagram about online sales, but have since stopped doing that and have made no mention of it. Who knows what they are thinking. They should just release them in massive numbers online. Unless they want to but don't have enough made, so they want to keep building the hype with small in-store releases while they make more.

I have no idea.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I really thought 250 bucks for a shitty quartz plastic watch with just the Omega logo on it was already too expensive. Some of those ebay scalpers (and people who are buying from them) are on crack lol.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I really thought 250 bucks for a shitty quartz plastic watch with just the Omega logo on it was already too expensive. Some of those ebay scalpers (and people who are buying from them) are on crack lol.
Indeed

The "bioceramic" feels like cheap ass plastic. I may still grab one or two just to have a speedy lookalike in my collection at a steep discount, but I don't see it replacing my desire for a real one down the line if I ever "make it"

The struggle of already owning your grail watch is that others just don't get used in the rotation much anymore

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Are these limited or long term release?

Is the demand just because Omega is releasing an "affordable" watch?

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Several youtubers suspect that it may actually be the STICKER of the planet covering the battery compartment that is the cause of the color rubbing off onto wrists, as they've found some of the color spread onto the back of the watch as well. That would be really strange if it was coming FROM the plastic itself.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I wonder how many are actually selling at these inflated prices. The Swatch site says "We remind you that it is not a limited-edition and will soon be available again in selected Swatch stores."

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many are actually selling at these inflated prices. The Swatch site says "We remind you that it is not a limited-edition and will soon be available again in selected Swatch stores."
It's in the hype cycle like all over hypebeast websites.
Supply vs demand.
If not everyone who wants one has one, then they will keep selling.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

Can't find the original post they use in the video (looks like IG but I don't use that) but seems that a few days ago Swatch have said that the watches will continue to be in store only (not that any of them actually have stock of course) and there are no plans for ordering online, at least yet anyway.

The video itself makes some good points on how it feels like the hype for this has completely disappeared now given the zero stock, meaningful announcements or news anywhere

Last edited:

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I really just don't care at this point. First of all, by all accounts the quality of the watches doesn't justify even this price (scratches, color rubbing off, etc.). Second, even though I have a close by Swatch store (about 20 mins away) I don't really have the time nor the inclination to "keep checking" there if they might have gotten any in stock.

If they become available in some way that resembles normalcy I might still get a couple just for the giggles, but if not then oh well. I really don't have the energy to deal with this bullshit.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my hype is gone too..they don't seem that durable. For around $300 I'd probably just get another G Shock or something at this point.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I'm so over these things by this point.

I can't be bothered to keep going around Swatch stores to either stand in line or just luck out (even though there are several in my town). If they ever decide to sell them online, I might bite, but for now definitely not.

Even in places like StockX they don't sell for a huge markup either--compare that to four digit prices they had on the release day. So I guess I could get one there if I really wanted to, but honestly I can't be bothered at this point--they've made a mess of the whole thing.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
See a lot of complaints online now about the quality of these
On the one hand yes it's still Swatch but it's a £200+ Swatch, build quality should be much better, especially with what else can be bought at same price

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the big issue I come to with these is that at the end of the day they don't really justify their price point
Yeah I think this is really the big issue here. If I'm not mistaken the retail price for these is about $250 or something. But for just a little more money you can already get some much better quality watches from brands like Citizen etc. And as you say, by all accounts the build quality on MoonSwatches is really not stellar at all.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
The big issue I come to is that I can't buy them at retail price from Swatch online. Like seriously, they don't have a single fucking store in Southern California. You would think they would have something in LA, OC or San Diego...

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
I bought a Saturn a few weeks back when I was walking by Covent Garden London. These watches are not worth £218, or worth the stress in getting one. They are cheap, light plastic watches probably worth £100 tops. IMO people shouldn't stress if they can't get one... They are not worth the price

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a Saturn a few weeks back when I was walking by Covent Garden London. These watches are not worth £218, or worth the stress in getting one. They are cheap, light plastic watches probably worth £100 tops. IMO people shouldn't stress if they can't get one... They are not worth the price
I find it crazy that they are unserviceable. You are just supposed to throw them away if they break.

I believe all Swatch movements are unserviceable at this point. So it is not this model in particular. It's part of their business model.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I'm so over these things by this point.

I can't be bothered to keep going around Swatch stores to either stand in line or just luck out (even though there are several in my town). If they ever decide to sell them online, I might bite, but for now definitely not.

Even in places like StockX they don't sell for a huge markup either--compare that to four digit prices they had on the release day. So I guess I could get one there if I really wanted to, but honestly I can't be bothered at this point--they've made a mess of the whole thing.
This. They killed the excitement for me with this nonsense.

3rdman

May 25, 2018
I was excited for these until I actually saw it...frankly, they look kinda cheap. Ceramic case...plastic lens...velcro strap...Too many compromises. I've also seen lots online about the build quality being rather poor. Hopefully this new announcement includes a better case at least.

Edmond Dantès

It belongs in a museum!
Aug 24, 2022
UK
SwatchOmegaMoonshineHeader-1.jpg

sc01_23_BioceramicMoonSwatch_MoonshineGold_Hands_1.jpg

www.fratellowatches.com

Introducing: The Omega × Swatch MoonSwatch Mission To Moonshine Gold

✓ Swatch comes up with another MoonSwatch! ✓ The Mission to Moonshine Gold ✓ A Mission to the Moon with a Moonshine Gold chrono hand ✓

Nothing really significant.

Last edited: