Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
For some, golf is more about just having some peace and being outdoors. If you can afford to play (I can't anymore), it can be quite gratifying.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
I never got this obsession with putting a magnifying glass over the president when they go golfing. This goes for Trump, Obama, Biden, Clinton, Bush. Who cares? Being president is... Pretty stressful. I'd imagine golf relieves some of that...
normally, yeah but trump golfed an unprecedented amount of times wasting tax payer money

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason every President seems to love golfing? Are they required to go golfing for meetings or whatever?

Golf can really be a method for getting deals done. It's a slow, non-physically exerting experience where you can just talk with the other people you're playing with.

Trump attempted to make this argument, but he did it so much to avoid the responsibilities of President while also using his privilege to play with whoever he wanted. He was playing with football and golf stars more often than not to boot.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
In 20 years we'll have a President that streams during the weekends.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I never got this obsession with putting a magnifying glass over the president when they go golfing. This goes for Trump, Obama, Biden, Clinton, Bush. Who cares? Being president is... Pretty stressful. I'd imagine golf relieves some of that...

You can't possibly think Trump went golfing 8 billion times during his presidency because the job was stressing him out, do you?

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
i dont understand presidents and golfing lol. It almost feels like its something they have to do or something.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Does every President golf? When are we gonna get the first President who's playing Last of Us or Mario Kart. Seems like every President golfs and has a pet.

Unrivaled

Banned
Oct 13, 2020
Why is the president golfing newsworthy?

I would assume all presidents go a couple times a week lol.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is the Fox story won't be about Biden golfing, but the metastory they make up about liberals castigating Trump for golfing but not doing the same when Biden golfs, witch hunting, "so its okay when Biden does it", etc. (obviously the nuance of the AMOUNT of golfing will be brushed over).

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I like golf and I'm early 30s. It's definitely not exactly a cheap hobby.

I got used clubs and when I went, only went once every two months. I thought Id hate it, after years of Hot Shots I didnt need to add actual walking and swinging to the frustration.

But... its fun! Sometimes you hit the ball, it makes this perfect sound and you watch it roll right into the middle of where you aimed. Its super addictive.

On topic, let Uncle Joe get some swings in.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every president goes golfing it seems. Why does nobody just fire up FIFA or something.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Seems every president likes golfing.

Trying to wrap my head around why. Golfing sucks.
Golfing is a nice and fun sport, and very social as well. It's something simple that doesn't really require much skill or strength and it's a fun sport to just hang out with friends or conduct business while playing.

You won't believe what Trump has to say to this on Twitter.
This shit will never get old honestly. So glad he's away from the Twitter now

grand

Oct 25, 2017
i dont understand presidents and golfing lol. It almost feels like its something they have to do or something.
Golfing is basically required in corporate America because so many deals begin on the golf course. And the same holds true for American politics:

• Eisenhower: there were presidential golfers before him but he LOVED the sport and definitely started the modern tradition of golfing as President
  • Kennedy, of course, golfed a lot in his youth as he was a Kennedy but didn't golf much as President due to his back issues
  • LBJ didn't care about golfing but quickly realized that golfing meant you got multiple hours to wheel & deal with people. He basically started the Presidential tradition of using golf as a way of making deals and allegedly used golf to get the Civil Rights Act passed. LBJ also infamously refused to count anything but "the perfect shot", which seems like a convenient delay tactic if the Congressman you are playing with isn't budging from their position.
  • Nixon picked up golf while being Eisenhower's VP but didn't care much for it. He played to make deals but vastly preferred bowling
  • Ford loved golfing
  • Carter, as a typical southern boy, didn't golf at all
  • Reagan picked up golf as President and most likely use it as a way to make deals also. Wasn't very good though
  • H.W. Bush LOVED golfing and it's a huge part of the Bush family
  • Clinton picked up golfing and also used it to make deals. However, he also fell in love with the sport
  • Dubya also played a lot like his father but wasn't as into it. He's more of a baseball guy (obviously)
  • Obama loves golf & likely used it to make deals
  • Trump sucks at golf and is only invested because he owns golf courses. And while I'm sure he enjoys having 4+ hours to talk someone's head off, I doubt any of them were to make deals

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
He made it this long before golfing once? That's impressive actually. Wasn't Trump on the course like his first week? If not first day. Plus I literally just read an article that said Trump is golfing MORE now that he's out of office than he did when he was President. And I'm like how can he possibly golf more than he was?