On which platform do you spend the most time gaming?

• Console

Votes: 786 52.8%
  • PC

Votes: 682 45.8%
  • Mobile (Android/iOS)

Votes: 20 1.3%

• Total voters

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
PC for sure - haven't had a reason to turn on my PS4 since god of war. So whenever that came out was the last time I used a console. Sold my switch ages ago.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
PC for multiplatform. Except indies, which I tend to get on the switch. And the consoles for whichever games are exclusive to them.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS4 Pro. Switch is creeping up there too, it would take a lot more of my time if I found the portable config more comfortable with Rocket League. Phone - hardly at all.

PC - I just can't see myself ever going back to in any real way. I still have a GTX 1080 machine lies in a corner upstairs and functions mostly as a Plex server, and I dream about all the ways I can get rid of it forever. Time becomes more precious with age, and I'm more prone to appliances I don't have to think about. It's not so much the fact that I have to install and maintain Windows 10, do nvidia driver updates, origin updates, steam updates, battle.net updates, bounce between all those launchers, and tweak settings on each game I play, I could put up with all that. But I can't commit to ever building a desktop computer again.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
You would never guess that half of this forum is comprised of PC players from browsing it. PC games are given scant attention compared to big console exclusives. Something like Age of Empires 4 will get a 3 page thread on it while a new Pokemon or Naughty Dog title will have a new thread posted and have hundreds of pages of replies, along with hundreds of thousands or even millions of views within a few hours of going up.

If I had guessed, I'd have said this place skewed 95% console, 5% PC before seeing this thread. And within the console breakdown I'd have said 75% Sony, 24% Nintendo, 1% Xbox.

Oct 31, 2017
Something like Age of Empires 4 will get a 3 page thread on it while a new Pokemon or Naughty Dog title will have a new thread posted and have hundreds of pages of replies, along with hundreds of thousands or even millions of views within a few hours of going up.
Not to mention the usual fifteen spin-off threads about how that game's release changed your outlook on life and everything.

Nov 8, 2017
Console only. I used to game on PC a long time ago, but switching to Linux made that difficult, and I generally find a lot more exclusives I enjoy on consoles anyway.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Console, mostly. I have a lot of games from previous generations and don't like emulators that much, but even then I'll buy and play most newer games on consoles. I do game on PC sometimes though, and more often than I did previous generations, but mostly older stuff I haven't gotten around to, like Alan Wake.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
PC is where I play mostly nowadays. It's also simply where I have most games.

Mar 22, 2019
I have a PS4 Pro, XBX and Gaming PC (2080ti + 9900k + 34'' ROG Widescreen) --> figured best of all worlds and i do use all of them but the PS4 is where my heart is for the plats. PC for any FPS or 'RTX' goodness (eg: MW and Control), XBX for the sweet GamePass as its hooked up to my TV in the lounge and PC is in my office space.

Will trade in the XBX and PS4Pro when the new consoles are released next year aswell. But really depends on my mood.

Oct 29, 2017
You would never guess that half of this forum is comprised of PC players from browsing it. PC games are given scant attention compared to big console exclusives. Something like Age of Empires 4 will get a 3 page thread on it while a new Pokemon or Naughty Dog title will have a new thread posted and have hundreds of pages of replies, along with hundreds of thousands or even millions of views within a few hours of going up.

If I had guessed, I'd have said this place skewed 95% console, 5% PC before seeing this thread. And within the console breakdown I'd have said 75% Sony, 24% Nintendo, 1% Xbox.
There's always a performance thread on the front page, and the hardware thread gets several replies daily. It's not that there aren't people with gaming PCs , of which there are a lot, is that having a PC doesn't mean they will be into the classic PC genres. We see people getting their first gaming PC every week, but this is mainly to play games like Cyberpunk 2077 rather than Age of Empires 4.

That said, blizzard games were still the most discussed topic that week when blizzcon was happening.

Last edited:

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 is my main and I will possibly get a switch in the very near future, at the beginning of the gen some pc but haven't touched a pc game since shadow of mordor.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

PC has a much more varied catalogue than consoles, that's why.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This split between console and PC is way closer than I expected here. But that's just the results from those who actually picked an option.
Anyway, I've been gaming on consoles since the Pong consoles off and on, but didn't really have my own console until I ended up with an Atari 2600 just a year before I purchased an NES. Bought every mainstream (and even some that were hardcore) console since then, but then also started heavily gaming on PC in '98. Since last gen, as more console games started getting adequate, to actually good ports on PC, I've been primarily playing everything but exclusives, or timed exclusives on PC.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
It's very close for me (PC v console). I'll go with PC though, as that's what I have the most history with.

I absolutely loathe gaming on cell phones. They are mostly throw-away distractions, skinner boxes, or gambling machines. I do like handhelds though...

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm going to say console only because I have both the PS4 and Switch (and Wii U if that counts), so my play time is probably just slightly higher between the two than on PC. But it's relatively even between all 3. It just depends on what games are out.

u would never guess that half of this forum is comprised of PC players from browsing it. PC games are given scant attention compared to big console exclusives. Something like Age of Empires 4 will get a 3 page thread on it while a new Pokemon or Naughty Dog title will have a new thread posted and have hundreds of pages of replies, along with hundreds of thousands or even millions of views within a few hours of going up.

You know you can be a PC player and not care about certain genres or franchises right?

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Whatever device plays a game I want to play. Most time spent on PC, some games rack up the hours quick, then consoles. I'd say it's a 70-30 split.

I really want more titles with cross play so I can just Switch (or Xbone) whenever I felt like "sitting in my comfy couch" hehe I like where MS is heading making Xbox a more agnostic thing. I don't want to be tethered.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
About 95% on PC, 5% on PlayStation, if I had to guess.

Seeing PC closely trailing consoles in the poll results is a pleasant surprise.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Just about entirely console these days. Though I used to heavily be a PC gamer, just not in... ~10+ years. I Think I built my last gaming PC in 2007.

Was never into mobile games. Maybe a tiny amount earlier when smartphones launched.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PS4/ PC here.
I used to be predominantly PC, but this gen my console usage have grown to now be my main for gaming.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Era seems to be Switch > PS4 >>>> PC >>>>>> XB1

PC only for me atm. I sold my consoles and I don't really miss them. Need that new shit, tired of this old shit.