• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The basic cable network has ordered 13-episode fourth season to debut in 2020, likely launching off the final season of Pop's flagship comedy series Schitt's Creek. Additionally, the network has acquired the linear rights to the first three seasons of One Day at a Time.

The primary piece of the deal is ODAAT airing exclusively on Pop, though CBS will run repeats later in the year similarly to the current showing of CBS All Access' The Good Fight on the broadcast network. That run will mark ODAAT's return to CBS where the original series aired over 40 years ago.

While Netflix has picked up series canceled by other networks, this is the first time a series canceled by the streaming giant has been able to get a new home.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yea!

rita-moreno-1.w710.h4r0knt.gif

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
My wife loves this show so she will be happy to hear this. It's honestly pretty charming and full of heart.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be very interesting to see how the show changes structurally, as there's no previous precedent for this. Act breaks, I imagine as well as shorter episodes.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I can only chalk this absolute gift up to the universe having pity on me for having to watch Handsy Joe Biden on my TV for two hours tonight.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
does this mean the season eventually shows up on netflix?

Very unlikely. CBS owns Pop and the show will get reruns on CBS, so I imagine they have a deal in place to get the show on CBS All Access in 2 or so years when Netflix's streaming exclusivity of the first 3 seasons expires.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Netflix is the SVOD home of "Schitt's Creek", it'd be funny if those S4 reruns ended up back on Netflix.

EDIT: I guess not.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
The article also says that they're probably going to be looking to put the show into syndication as well.

As part of switching to a deficit model with a basic cable network, Sony TV retained syndication, downstream digital and international rights to the upcoming Season 4. The studio also has linear rights to the first three seasons and is expected to shop the four seasons in broadcast syndication.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Very unlikely. CBS owns Pop and the show will get reruns on CBS, so I imagine they have a deal in place to get the show on CBS All Access in 2 or so years when Netflix's streaming exclusivity of the first 3 seasons expires.
If it helps, I know that CBS All Access allows you to watch live TV as if you were actually watching it on CBS, so maybe when CBS airs those reruns, we could just hop on All Access and watch them through there?

EDIT: Turns out, you can just go to POPTV.com and watch episodes on there. You can even watch the latest season of "Schitt's Creek" on there right now and don't need to sign up.
So, maybe we'll just be able to watch new episodes on their website? I am totally okay with that.

Last edited:

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
This is so wonderful. Thank you for the day-making news. And a big thanks again to G_Shumi and everyone else in the TV thread who recommended the show.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You gotta be kidding me! My girlfriend is gonna be so happy once she wakes up.

Dios es real, hermanos.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Good news!

it's real wild we've reached this point, where now networks are saving shows from streaming giants. a lot has changed over 7 years, and most of it points to how goddamn stupid and full of garbage netflix is now.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Yes. YES. Absolutely adored this show, its characters and the messages it promotes. Important as fuck.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Good news!

it's real wild we've reached this point, where now networks are saving shows from streaming giants. a lot has changed over 7 years, and most of it points to how goddamn stupid and full of garbage netflix is now.

lol good point. Netflix piles up their service with walls of trash and somehow this got cancelled.

on the other hand I do appreciate them giving directors like Fukunaga and Fincher carte blanche with their shows.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best news I've heard all week. I really thought this show was completely dead. So happy to see this show continue, now all I have to do is find out how to watch it online.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Great news. I was certain the show would be renewed when #saveodaat became the top-trending hashtag worldwide for several hours following Netflix's cancellation announcement, but as the days turned into weeks, I lost hope.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just started watching this show and I'm floored by how good and sweet it is. Rita Moreno is of course phenomenal- and the episode where the girls parents were deported really came out of nowhere and got me.