• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
plUr2WC.gif

Probably this...that lightsaber has to have caught 1,000+ bodies at this point.

Rey needs to make a new one in Episode 9.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Jar Jar Binks stepping on poop is one of the saddest scenes in SW imo

Last edited:

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica

I always laugh at that kid's stupid goofy face when he asks Vader what they should do.

Edit: I'm sorry, younglings! Can't let kids die in a Star Wars movie.

Edit 2: let's turn that frown upside down!

This is something you do with your cum rag when you're done with it, not your father's lightsaber that has much sentimental value to you since it was your first Jedi weapon that you haven't seen in 30+ years.

Don't joke about that shit. Padme died from that.

Lmao, mom's are tough I guess.

Last edited:

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Ewok haters are such babies. They were awesome. Teddy bears and kill and eat people.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Return of the Jedi beats the crap out of The Last Jedi in terms of being half of a good movie and half of a terrible one. The good is that much better, the bad is that much worse.

Which kind of makes it all the more incredible that they could manage to put that soul destroying tearjerker into the dumpster fire of the Ewok half of Jedi.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is there any EU lore on how Jar Jar died? I'm devastated just imagining his death already.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
The saddest scene in Star Wars-history, is the scene "fans" make when they're trying to describe how bad The Last Jedi was on the Internet. Just sad. Their whole life meaning extinguished in an instant.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is something you do with your cum rag when you're done with it, not your father's lightsaber that has much sentimental value to you since it was your first Jedi weapon that you haven't seen in 30+ years.

But it didn't. That was literally the point.

It has sentimental value you to you, a person viewing the film. Not to Luke at this point in his life.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
As a kid, I liked to pretend that that Ewok was just greatly injured and not dead.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I legitimately can't tell if you're being serious and this is canon from some random novel or if you're joking. Haha.

I couldn't either so I looked it up. He's not lying!

Because of his role in abetting the rise of the Empire, he was once again exiled by his people. After the Battle of Endor and the rise of the New Republic, he performed in the streets of Theed as a clown who was popular with children but not so much with their parents. Many Gungan and Naboo adults refused to speak to him or say his name. Binks entertained the children by performing numerous antics including wagging his tongue, juggling glombo shells, spitting fish up in the air and catching them, dancing around, and swallowing and flushing out water through his ears.[19]

In 5 ABY, Binks encountered a young refugeeboy named Mapo while performing in Theed's Plaza of the Catalan. Mapo was a charge at a nearby orphanage who had been badly burned after the Empire had bombed his home on the fuel depot Golus Station. Due to hideous burns, Mapo found few people who were willing to talk to him, let alone adopt him. After Binks caught a pik-pok fish with his long tongue, he asked the boy where he came from. Mapo related how he had lost his parents during the Imperial bombardment of Golus Station. Taking pity on the boy, Binks did another trick by swallowing water and spraying it out through his ears.[19]

When Mapo told Binks that nobody talked to him, Binks revealed that he was an outcast because many Gungans and Naboo believed he had helped the Empire. A sympathetic Mapo opined that he did not think that Binks had aided the Empire, and suggested that they were both outcasts. While Binks appeared to accept his fate, Mapo pointed out that he had a low chance of being adopted due to his disfigurement. When Mapo suggested that the two could go nowhere together, Binks replied that that was a "Bombad" idea; which meant that he thought it was a great idea. When Mapo asked Binks if he could teach him to be a clown, Binks gratefully accepted Mapo's request and the boy's friendship.[19]

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Revisionist history by people who try to take star wars too seriously and who wanted to find more things to get mad at George Lucas about after the debacle of the prequel movies.

I don't believe this. I've heard older people who got to experience the original run talk about the Ewoks being problematic for fans, though it's not something I really understand as someone who caught it on VHS in the late 90s as a 7-9yo. I only remember this vividly because I was legit floored that anyone had problems with Ewoks.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The saddest thing in ROTJ is how the Emperor didn't use the Death Star 2 to blow up the rebel forces and then blow up all the ewoks on Endor.

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
In retrospect, I gotta go with this:

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."

Say the right words, and promise people peace and prosperity for themselves, and they will climb right over the lessons of history and follow an obvious monster over a cliff. And cheer the entire time.

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't believe this. I've heard older people who got to experience the original run talk about the Ewoks being problematic for fans, though it's not something I really understand as someone who caught it on VHS in the late 90s as a 7-9yo. I only remember this vividly because I was legit floored that anyone had problems with Ewoks.

Like I said. Revisionist history. Ewoks were never a problem for people until the prequels made it OK to hate George Lucas.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I was fully expecting the Bor Gullet scene

But yes, whether you like Ewoks or not, it's a pretty sad scene.