• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Vegapunk

• Old Man Vegapunk

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Shaka

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Lilith

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Edison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pythagoras

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atlas

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • York

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm Kira :)

Jan 23, 2023
Rebirth is January, Zack is playable during a big part, game is massive and kiss the original story completely goodbye

Tactics Remaster is probably before FF9, there is two new FF games (one is a remake) and an original movie

There is still another as yet unannounced Persona game that's more "social", I'll call it PE for now. Tactica was never on my radar so I'm not sure how much Atlus is doing for it honestly.

Merry Christmas!
whats the latest on p6?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rebirth is January, Zack is playable during a big part, game is massive and kiss the original story completely goodbye

Tactics Remaster is probably before FF9, there is two new FF games (one is a remake) and an original movie

There is still another as yet unannounced Persona game that's more "social", I'll call it PE for now. Tactica was never on my radar so I'm not sure how much Atlus is doing for it honestly.

Merry Christmas!

game-aye-im-sama-v0-1qkas00u0bp91.png

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO

Merry Christmas!
Do I gotta post the last samurai gif again lol good stuff. Idk if I've ever been more excited for a game than a FF7 sequel

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Merry Christmas!
Zack timeline shenanigans here we goooo
Is Persona 6 also multiplatform? I have to imagine it is at this point right? I can't imagine Atlus being silly enough to do exclusives still.

Also, as a note, I just started One Piece everyone lol
You are in for a treat my friend

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Don't think anyone in here mentioned it yet but Netflix will be adding more episodes of One Piece come July. It ends after the Water 7 wrap up so I'd expect the filler episodes and all of Thriller Bark to be added next.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018

Merry Christmas!

Eh... so they're really just throwing away the FF7 story and this will be a full blown sequel doing it's own thing... sigh well... I guess we all should have been that coming with what they did with Remake. Kinda bummed about that ngl.

Another Persona game though? You've got my interest because I can't even begin to tell you how P5T was not what I wanted at all. Just.. what the fuck Atlus stop with the chibi stuff please.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I was against a FF7 remake for years so I'm way more into the Rebuild Of Final Fantasy VII angle.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Up until what point is the One Piece anime decently paced? I kinda wanna watch the anime but if it has pacing issues from the start, I might just keep reading the manga (only on chapter 4)

Oct 25, 2017
Up until what point is the One Piece anime decently paced? I kinda wanna watch the anime but if it has pacing issues from the start, I might just keep reading the manga (only on chapter 4)
Up until around the mid-200's they actually have a really decent pace and were tackling 1.5-2 chapters an episode. There are filler episodes to keep an eye out for, so a guide wouldn't hurt (but apparently the filler is decent!). I actually think anyone interested in OP should at least stick it out with the anime until then due to the iconic music, voices, moments, etc.

After that though they committed to only 1 chapter an episode, sometimes even half a chapter, with absolutely no more fillers (that I recall) and only padding to compensate. Despite that, I'd just stick with it until you feel it slogging too much for you, which may be sooner or later than the general area I listed. I personally didn't tap out until the 600's.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Up until around the mid-200's they actually have a really decent pace and were tackling 1.5-2 chapters an episode. I actually think anyone interested in OP should at least stick it out with the anime until then due to the iconic music, voices, moments, etc. After that though they committed to only 1 chapter an episode, sometimes even half a chapter, with absolutely no more fillers (that I recall) and only padding to compensate. Despite that, I'd just stick with it until you feel it slogging too much for you, which may be sooner or later than the general area I listed. I personally didn't tap out until the 600's.
Bet. I'll probably roll with the anime for now then

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Safest bet is to at least the 130th episode which should get you a little past the 200th chapter. After that the anime struggles to consistently adapt two or more chapters an episode for the rest of its run. It isn't an immediate drop btw just something that slowly begins happening from that point on.

For it feeling slow paced while you're in the early bits that's usually down to people not liking the early arcs of One Piece lol. Oh, and be sure to look up a filler guide! There isn't a ton, but the anime does have some filler episodes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be funny when PoP comes out and gets the best reviews the franchise has seen since sands of time.

(I hope)

Game does look good tho. People quick to hate. Maybe not enough sequences where you squeeze through cracks while talking to your companion, for Era.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Eh... so they're really just throwing away the FF7 story and this will be a full blown sequel doing it's own thing... sigh well... I guess we all should have been that coming with what they did with Remake. Kinda bummed about that ngl.

Another Persona game though? You've got my interest because I can't even begin to tell you how P5T was not what I wanted at all. Just.. what the fuck Atlus stop with the chibi stuff please.

Yeah Rebirth is not as meta as Remake (which almost literally had fans as those destiny ghosts) but it's definitely a new direction with lots of callbacks.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I think 8 will get a remake, it's just a matter of time. It's a funny way to look at it but if you think about it, it would be a massive amount of work because the models/areas would need to be realistic and the map is huge. It's not happening now so you're looking at 2027-28 earliest sadly.
I think so too if the other 2 happen. Square's gonna be asked that until the end of time if they dont lol. I could see the 8 fanbase clamoring like the 7 ones did for years after that tech demo. Not to the same degree obviously but yeah

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I think I live under a rock. Just found out a friend from high school was in the latest dub batch for One Piece and that he's kinda being mentored by Usopps VA. Should have kept close could have used him to get dub info outside of convention.

Deleted member 35509

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I think I live under a rock. Just found out a friend from high school was in the latest dub batch for One Piece and that he's kinda being mentored by Usopps VA. Should have kept close could have used him to get dub info outside of convention.

That's so cool! Can you say who he dubs or not yet?

My dream is to get into the OP LA show, I'll take any role in season 2, Alabasta saga.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
That's so cool! Can you say who he dubs or not yet?

My dream is to get into the OP LA show, I'll take any role in season 2, Alabasta saga.
Yup! Nobody major or named sadly but if y'all listen to the dub and hear the pirates that are trying to kidnap Toki during the flashback he's one of the grunts you can hear talking shit. He's also in another scene that takes place in the sword graveyard.

I'd link to his social media post he made but he's a Facebook user and I don't think it works on the site. Was still mad hyped when my friends sent me a screenshot of his post 😂. The man actually might make his dream of landing a big anime role happen so I'm pretty happy for him.

Don't even get me started on the people I know that are in "if it makes it to season 2 I wanna do it" right now with the live action show haha. Would be fun if we could get some of our OT people on the show though 👀.

Wait! I spoke too soon I forgot he had a twitter!

View: https://twitter.com/jamiesnowdenyt/status/1661275458074181634?s=46&t=Z-u4FnzKS0bXsuAarHcTYA

Last edited:

Deleted member 35509

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Yup! Nobody major or named sadly but if y'all listen to the dub and hear the pirates that are trying to kidnap Toki during the flashback he's one of the grunts you can hear talking shit.

I'd link to his social media post he made but he's a Facebook user and I don't think it works on the site. Was still mad hyped when my friends sent me a screenshot of his post 😂. The man actually might make his dream of landing a big anime role happen so I'm pretty happy for him.

Don't even get me started on the people I know that are in "if it makes it to season 2 I wanna do it" right now with the live action show haha. Would be fun if we could get some of our OT people on the show though 👀.

I will literally take any role. But I want to play Pell or Croc lol.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
If the Netflix show actually does well enough it will be fascinating to see how they adapt some arcs.

Imagining live-action Wano or Marineford has my head spinning, but no way they get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.