• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Insane chapter. Reverie has already surpassed the unreasonable hype I had for it.

(And did she always speak in third-person?)
She did yeah. You should get to her soon in your re-read. I had forgotten about her speech pattern too.

I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be happy to see another Celestial Dragon. For Otohime's past kindness to have come full circle like this is immensely satisfying. And on top of that, Mjosgard belongs to Doffy's family, yoooooooooooo (Also I like how he looks "normal" now lol)
Yup!! And it's especially cool because of how Neptune himself is thinking back to Otohime before the guy arrives. And it's crazy he's a Don Quixote

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
So Shanks is the one who chose to come to the Gorosei, I had read the spoilers as if he was asked to be there and the Gorosei was asking him about a pirate. Not the other way around.

This makes it so much more interesting.

The part where Vivi and Rebecca were being held back had me confused because of how similar they look. I thought there was a screw up and Sai was telling Vivi that Dressrosa would be in danger if she intervened. Even with Both Vivi and Rebecca being in the same panel.

Garp and Hina conversation also left me a bit confused just in general. Feel like I'll need to read that conversation a few times. Was it saying Kaido and Big Mom were under the same captain at one point and they were the Rogers of that time? And what the hell is "locks"?

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 907:

With Oda having flashbacks in the previous couple of chapters, it would have been really nice to have had one for Donquixote Mjosgard. But I'm assuming we're going to get more Donquixote Mjosgard backstory anyway, considering when Donquixote Mjosgard left Fishman Island with Otohime years ago he still had the same nasty attitude so we need to see what Otohime did that changed him. I still didn't care for Charloss' appearance/trying to capture Shirahoshi, but at least it had more meaning than "The Celestial Dragons are all awful/someone punch Charloss" and helps with Otohime's story as well as the Fishmen's view of humans. It was good seeing Kaku again in CP0 though, even though him and Lucci are still trash.

I'm surprised that Oda is possibly bringing Big Mom into the battle between Luffy and Kaido (although I guess it will depend on what's going on with Shanks). I do like that possibility better than Big Mom just "disappearing/being dealt with off panel" after what Luffy pulled. Definitely interesting to think about Kaido and Big Mom not only working together but having a captain, particularly since we've always seen Big Mom as a unstoppable monster in her back stories after stepping out on her own. Garp being famous in regards to their captain/stopping Kaido and Big Mom vs his fights with Roger is also interesting only in regards to how "great" this captain/crew must have been (hopefully we find out more about "Locks" is sooner than later).

Mariejois not having a king/the empty throne back story was interesting, and only furthers the idea that the Revolutionaries are going to be doing something "special" to take down the Celestial Dragons (ex: taking the treasure Doflamingo keeps mentioning). I'm sure Donquixote Mjosgard is going to "complicate" the Revolutionaries attack in regards to it being a 100% good thing, particularly for Luffy's fan club.

There's a lot to digest with Shanks meeting with the Five Elders, mainly "how". Especially since it seems like he was able to reach them with seemingly no difficulty, without much concern from the marines in regards to his arrival (maybe he snuck in?), and how "friendly" the Five Elders are behaving towards Shanks/Shanks possibly asking them for a request in regards to a pirate (I'd assume Luffy but who knows with Shanks, could easily be one of the other Yonko or someone else).

Overall Oda has been on a roll making Reverie exciting.

Oct 25, 2017
This chapter....

26cd1e5571fafe84fc1a01d36b9a6ea0be4e453f_hq.gif
Basically lmao

I can't even deal.

Queen protecting and saving her people from the grave. I just can't.

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn this chapter! Where to even start?

That Linlin & Kaido call. They don't even care the Marines are listening. Wano is gonna be beyond insane now.
Garp gonna Garp. More info about his past is always.
Leave it to Oda to canonize a joke character he made in the SBS.
That throne... hmmmmmm.
Charlos continues to be the worst. At least Mjosgard shows that the Celestial Dragons are capable of humanity (I know Doflamingo's dad Homing had it but it lead to his eventual demise by his son's hand).
Lucci! Why are you even with CP0?! You defied the Marines back in your cover story. Unless it's part of a plan...
And Shanks is here!

I get the feeling this will be a bloodbath. A major shakeup for the entire world.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
We still don't know who that figure at the end of the last chapter was even after all of these revelations. Let that sink in.

The design of the throne and the heavy talk of it this chapter made me think it was related to that person in a way. That person has a tall thin design with a tall thin crown. Made me wonder if the person would be some kind of secret king of kings or who would actually sit on that throne if it wasn't seen as such a symbol, when really it's just a fake symbol for the sake of looking like there isn't a dictatorship.

Probably all crazy talk but my mind just went crazy with thinking about the significance of it right after the last chapter.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
What are the chances that one of these unknown dudes are from the Rocks/Locks? The Beast Pirates were revealed after Dressrosa and they were hidden in this picture. We already know about Big Mom Pirates, Kidd Pirates, and CP-0 were there too. However still some crews are yet to be revealed and We already know the designs of all the yonkou crews already. I don't think Oda would properly design them and not have them be relevant.

l5eGgur.png

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I truly feel sorry for folks who are official release only because Twitter is going mad and staying unspoiled will be almost impossible

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Toei will adapt Donquixote's punch to Saint Carlos the same way they did in Sabaody. That would be epic!!

ElasticShockedIndigobunting-size_restricted.gif

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
One Piece manga coloring just never mesh well with Oda's art and detail/I always prefer the originals. If Oda did it himself/made his art with the intention of it being colored it'd be a different story.

I was the exact opposite. It really helped me when rereading. A lot of times the coloring helped tell what was going on sometimes.

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the reverie arc is washing away all the sore taste WCI left in my mouth

i am actually loving One Piece in the same way i loved it Pre time skip, these info dump/world building arcs really are one piece at it's finest

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
People can no longer ask "What was the point of WCI?" Without WCI, there would be no reason for Big Mom to follow the SH into Wano. This aside from the whole poneglyph rubbing, power ups for the crew members, etc...

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand the complaint about "pointless arcs". Oda has clearly set everything up to have a payoff. People complained for years about Skypiea being pointless, yet it keeps coming back up in small ways. Even the "giant Straw Hat" reveal may have been foreshadowed in Enel's cover story.
Even Davy Back Fight introduced Aokiji at the end of it.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Damn Oda is building up towards another Marineford War arc tier it seems. Guess we're going back to the crew next week to begin Wano Arc first.

Tuna

Oct 25, 2017
The Wano Arc is gonna be the most hype shit, but I can see it going on for too long. See you in 2021 when that arc is over.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
How can One Piece still be this good after so much time?

Amazing chapter. Holy mother!

Oh, and Shanks with the 5 Elders...

Yeah... You can't be hyper than that. About the pirate he's there to talk about, I was thinking about Flamingo. Maybe he's there to warn the Elders about Mingo's intention. Luffy would be too obvious

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
The whole memory erasing effect of the Hobby-Hobby Fruit is pretty contrived, huh? Like, I'd buy it erasing the memories of the person who was turned into a toy, but those of everyone who knew of said person? Ehhh.
I remember when that was coming out weekly I was sure that the toy transformation powers and the memory erasure powers were from two different powers and two different fruit users. The fact that they both turned out to be from the same power has always been weird to me. Like rather than "turn you into a toy" it's "make it as if you've always been a toy" which is such an oddly specific and overpowered ability

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
just what is Shanks' relationship with the world government anyway?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
the reverie arc is washing away all the sore taste WCI left in my mouth

i am actually loving One Piece in the same way i loved it Pre time skip, these info dump/world building arcs really are one piece at it's finest
Yeah came to say this...I feel like small chest Nami era lol. Feels really authentic and genuime again.

What are you guys theory on what the Will of D actually is? Just looking at some key moments like White beard telling Teach "Roger isn't waiting for you there" Ace's will not having to be carried through a blood line but inherited by Luffy. Doffy saying they are the God's natural enemies, it's all coming together, but I still don't know what is what lol

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
So Kaido is still on the winter island? I think it would make sense for that to be the case that way, the SH get interaction with the Samurai politics prior to all out war with Kaido. Or Kaido is on like Hokkaido of Wano.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why but I just instantly assumed he was gonna talk about Luffy. It didn't cross my mind it could be about anyone else until I started seeing other people speculate lol

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooo this chapter...

Reverie has been so damn exciting with the world building.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
So has Big Mom learned of the theft of her road poneglyph copy or is she talking about Zeus?

Damn, Big Mom is clever. Between Wano being out of the Marines' jurisdiction, and the Reverie requiring them to act as bodyguards, the Marines have their hands tied right now. (Even more so once they learn the Revs are here...)

So going to Wano now is the perfect time and place to cause some mischief. Damn.

As expected from Big Mom, she have been shown to be very smart when she's sane.

Last edited:

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Hahaha. In the raws, Hina actually refers to Big Mom as Ookina Okaasan which translates to Big Mom, but she's the only one that says it in Japanese.

I love HIna.

Status
Not open for further replies.