Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it should since it is what allow you to attack or hold a logia users body for eg .
Oda don't have them use hardening for stuff like that all the time.

Yes, but Marineford didn't have anyone use it. And we see more advanced applications not necessarily need Hardening. Basically my point is that invisible Haki isn't inherently inferior to basic Hardening like many of us assumed.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but Marineford didn't have anyone use it. And we see more advanced applications not necessarily need Hardening. Basically my point is that invisible Haki isn't inherently inferior to basic Hardening like many of us assumed.

I look at hardening as just a extra level that you add along with the invisible Haki that also have different levels.
But i guess that can be confusing since for eg Kat hardening was better than luffy and i expect that will also go up a level for luffy with this haki training .

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I liked when Rayleigh took the collar off and kicked Kizaru cuz he is just awesome and has lots of willpower.

Oct 26, 2017
Happy Birthday to the GOATs

EhP-hTbXcAAHtZZ

latest

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Its all about not whose stronger or who has better technique but all about who's haki is better. I always thought it was lame.

Nah OP has not gotten to that level yet.
Even with Haki being a factor in fights it still comes down to other things .
Like it luffy last big was with Kat who haki was broken but still came down to DF power and techniques .
The same with Don .

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Nah OP has not gotten to that level yet.
Even with Haki being a factor in fights it still comes down to other things .
Like it luffy last big was with Kat who haki was broken but still came down to DF power and techniques .
The same with Don .

Nope. The fight changed when Luffy improved his observation haki to be able to see the future like him.

Haki also ruined Logia users IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see...
Hody Jones: He fought him underwater which was already a HUGE disadvantage for Luffy, but still managed to beat him with a little help.
Caesar: Though he needed Haki to touch him (being a Logia), he still had to maneuver around his ability to remove oxygen and his deadly gas weapons.
Doflamingo: Dude was a tank! Needed Law to help scramble his insides to bring him down a couple notches. Luffy had to break out the new form, and even then Doffy didn't go down that easily. Took a smack by a giant fist out of the sky to fully win.
Cracker: Haki was fairly useless here. The big reason Luffy won is that Nami was there to make his Biscuit Soldiers soggy and edible.
Katakuri: This is probably the closest you can get to "Stronger Haki wins out", but that was part of the point of the battle. It was about Luffy leveling up his Observation Haki to near Sanji levels. Even then Katakuri didn't go down easily and required several Fourth Gear blows.

Basically, Haki just levels the playing field. It's not like Chi in Dragon Ball.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. The fight changed when Luffy improved his observation haki to be able to see the future like him.

Haki also ruined Logia users IMO.

Yes him being even at best in observation haki made the fight come down to DF power and techniques .
Kat still also had better hardening , so saying the fight came down to had better haki is wrong .
Logias users were to broken with out haki and having weakness don't mean much when it not around or you at a certain level.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fight changed when Luffy improved his observation haki to be able to see the future like him.

Except Luffy defeated him despite having blatantly inferior Observation and Armament Haki. (G4 Snakeman still got Luffy hurt when he clashed punches with Katakuri) Hell, Luffy has defeated characters that could use Haki before he even learned what it was.

It's never been some automatic win button, much less in a DBZ sense where you're helpless unless yours is stronger then your opponent's.

Logia users imo were already overpowered I'm sorry there does come to a point where even against Croc Luffy just saved by plot convince (Water bubble just happens to fall right on Luffy) and it really only worked against Enel (which his only natural counter just happened to be on Skypiea), trying to come up with some power, item, element to use to beat the opponent would just be the search for kryptonite to win the fight.

Some people already complain about plot connivence, Haki or at least Armament Haki makes it so you can damage them without needing the weakness/exploit every-time without having to depower or weaken them as Logia still have tons of advantages even with fighting with Haki.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Logia users imo were already overpowered I'm sorry there does come to a point where even against Croc Luffy just saved by plot convince (Water bubble just happens to fall right on Luffy) and it really only worked against Enel (which his only natural counter just happened to be on Skypiea), trying to come up with some power, item, element to use to beat the opponent would just be the search for kryptonite to win the fight.

Some people already complain about plot connivence, Haki or at least Armament Haki makes it so you can damage them without needing the weakness/exploit every-time without having to depower or weaken them as Logia still have tons of advantages even with fighting with Haki.

The crazy thing is even with a weakness and some logia users have none is people like the admirals so over power it would make no sense for it to bother them.
Kuzan can freeze huge part of the sea and a whole town there is no fire exploit that you can bring that would make sense for him not get rid of it or freeze it.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball is heavily technique/attack based so it's hard to even consider ki a battle system. Hell most of the time even getting stronger was just another technique.

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
Me with Dragon Ball:

YOU WANT YOUR NEN? YOU WANT YOUR CHAKRA CONTROL? NOT MEEE

I WANT BIG MEN, WITH BIG CHESTS. BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPING MEAT.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
That last panel

Javale-shocked.gif

Zoro grabbing his bandana and Sanji is about to light his cigarette

Shits about to go down

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Get rid of the Haki black shit and I'll be somewhat okay with it. It's ugly and ruins the art. I'm okay with the clash effect that's used though.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I started off really disliking haki, and over time I've come to feel pretty neutrally towards it. It doesn't add a ton to the series, but I don't think it gets in the way much either.

As far as power systems go, it's not amazing but it's inoffensive. Devil fruits are obviously still much better though.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Dragon Ball is heavily technique/attack based so it's hard to even consider ki a battle system. Hell most of the time even getting stronger was just another technique.
Yeah, Toriyama never really tried to do more with Ki like Oda did with Haki so it's just a thing that's there for me, nowhere near as in-depth a system as Haki

I find Haki a little confusing but mostly inoffensive. It's a fine power system

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I started off really disliking haki, and over time I've come to feel pretty neutrally towards it. It doesn't add a ton to the series, but I don't think it gets in the way much either.

As far as power systems go, it's not amazing but it's inoffensive. Devil fruits are obviously still much better though.
I mean it gives those without Devil fruits equal footing through skill in their respective category without any of the drawbacks a Devil fruit has. That's pretty major
Likely yes, but I assume it will have to be acknowledged

It would also be weird if Zoro could just do the technique that Luffy went out of his way to train without that being pointed out
I mean we don't know the full scope of what Zoro learned under Mihawk

Oct 25, 2017

Ehhhhhhhhh plot will always be there. Like brûlée randomly sitting in the mirror world while the biggest brawl is going down right now or flampe getting in the mirror world at all. HOW DID SHE GET IN!

For me devil fruits are the cream of the crop along with nen, breathing and fire powers(I like fire Force powers ok)

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You would still know if the attack landed or was blocked because it was landed or blocked. There's kinda no reason for the black stuff and personally I think it can lead to confusion. It's weird in the one piece world for your body to just turn black because of mostly nebulous reasons, but there's crazy weird shit in one piece so idk. Saying the guy just has lots of willpower is enough and wasn't even a problem before Haki was introduced. The clash sparks are enough - big or little depending on the attack.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
You would still know if the attack landed or was blocked because it was landed or blocked. There's kinda no reason for the black stuff and personally I think it can lead to confusion. It's weird in the one piece world for your body to just turn black because of mostly nebulous reasons, but there's crazy weird shit in one piece so idk. Saying the guy just has lots of willpower is enough and wasn't even a problem before Haki was introduced.
Maybe Oda just wanted to mix it up lol. Or maybe clearly show that this person is using Haki, idk. I like how armament haki looks at least, like a black version of Colossus activating his powers

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
You would still know if the attack landed or was blocked because it was landed or blocked. There's kinda no reason for the black stuff and personally I think it can lead to confusion. It's weird in the one piece world for your body to just turn black because of mostly nebulous reasons, but there's crazy weird shit in one piece so idk. Saying the guy just has lots of willpower is enough and wasn't even a problem before Haki was introduced. The clash sparks are enough - big or little depending on the attack.

The black coloring keeps us from having this for the rest of the series

TObJY.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest. Series needs more logias. Two of em were taken out pre haki, three of the endgame, ones a walking Smokey joke, the other so weak no haki franky put him in a barrel, the other so weak she got taken out without haki(lol Oda come on). We not really gonna see haki on logia until endgame. Marineford showed haki not shit to that boy akainu anyway(what a legend)

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Stands and Spin in the Steel Ball Run-verse are the best power system in anime for me. I love everything about how they were rebooted.

I mean it gives those without Devil fruits equal footing through skill in their respective category without any of the drawbacks a Devil fruit has. That's pretty major

I mean we don't know the full scope of what Zoro learned under Mihawk
When I say haki "doesn't add much" I meant more that haki doesn't really increase the complexity or possibility space of battles at all, the way Devil Fruits open up an entire world of possibilities. It definitely plays that one utility role fairly well, but even still I think a more interesting system could have been created to explain how Roger would low-diff Smoker.

Basically it's fine, but it missed the opportunity to be a little more interesting.

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like haki has keep us from having the antagonists do stuff like this

tumblr_inline_p49boeviRb1tiyauu_500.png

Oct 25, 2017
If he did use Haki and it was shown via his weapon turning black would Aoikiji be dead? I honestly don't know.
I thought that panel was just Aokiji forming his body against the attack
Stands and Spin in the Steel Ball Run-verse are the best power system in anime for me. I love everything about how they were rebooted.

When I say haki "doesn't add much" I meant more that haki doesn't really increase the complexity or possibility space of battles at all, the way Devil Fruits open up an entire world of possibilities. It definitely plays that one utility role fairly well, but even still I think a more interesting system could have been created to explain how Roger would low-diff Smoker.

Basically it's fine, but it missed the opportunity to be a little more interesting.
spin in the steel ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.