Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Garp's relationship with Ace in Marineford is fucked up for sure in the sense that most of it he either refused to fight or took the side of the navy, he never considers helping Ace though, the closest is when he let's Luffy punch him, and when he gets mad at Akainu. But you understand why he does what he does, and respect it, even if you don't agree with it.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Celestial Dragons are so comically evil and their atrocities are not even hidden for everyone to see. I don't quite understand why Marines are beholden to them. But I'm hoping this dynamic will be expanded upon in the future. Do they just want to maintain the current 'order' so badly that they will overlook the Celestial Dragons' shenanigans? I guess they're more afraid of the prirates' havoc than anything else first and foremost.

I guess this is the same illogicality that we have in the real world. The cops are beholden to our rich oligarchy government.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Garp's relationship with Ace in Marineford is fucked up for sure in the sense that most of it he either refused to fight or took the side of the navy, he never considers helping Ace though, the closest is when he let's Luffy punch him, and when he gets mad at Akainu. But you understand why he does what he does, and respect it, even if you don't agree with it.

no i dont respect what he does at all.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The Celestial Dragons are so comically evil and their atrocities are not even hidden for everyone to see. I don't quite understand why Marines are beholden to them. But I'm hoping this dynamic will be expanded upon in the future. Do they just want to maintain the current 'order' so badly that they will overlook the Celestial Dragons' shenanigans? I guess they're more afraid of the prirates' havoc than anything else first and foremost.

I guess this is the same illogicality that we have in the real world. The cops are beholden to our rich oligarchy government.
yeah it's basically an exaggeration of how rich people can get away with heinous shit because they're rich

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I am curious what they'll do with Garp.

We haven't seen much of him post time skip. We saw him in part of the Reverie, and reacting to Luffy's 1.5 billion bounty. Really that's it.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Well duh! Look at our roster and look at theirs! Fire force helped them out a lot them them powers be sick

They needed an entire show to balance things out :P

I mean WG funds them and the Nobles control the government, there would not be Marines whithout them. It all comes down to money and control, im sure Akainu would love to magma fist the Gorosei but then what? lol

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Garp for sure doesn't deserve respect. Dadan was spot on in her anger. For as shitty a mom she was in real world terms for fantasy shonen she was actually a decent parent to Ace and Luffy caring for them in her own way. The line which makes her character great is when she BTFO'd Makino about Luffy being the one that's suffering the most. Not Garp or anyone else.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Don't let ace and Sabo being trash ruin fires good name. Look at Marco he cool
Man, it's not even them. I make fun of Ace in jest, but he's ok. He's an idiot, but ok. Other series though...fire produces more losers than winners for me. Off the top of my head

Sasuke - loser
Roy Mustang -cool
Natsu - loser
Rengoku - ok
Hiei - loser
Shinra - cool

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hiei is one of the edgiest edgelords who ever edged.

I think Akainu would be a military dictator as the 'law and order' guy

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Fire is a bait element. Water is the king of elements.
That's why in a majority of cases water starters > fire starters in pokemon.
Yes squirtle > charmander there I said it.

-Sanji-X-Pudding-one-piece-41670411-500-278.gif

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

Law enforcement is primarily a tool of the government, regardless of morality. They establish a base of power and do everything in their power to maintain it.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I think there's some hold the Celestial Dragons have over the world, aside from the typical money and political power.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well there have been times when people did do things similar to that, if not exactly.
Ya, but the disconnect is that there are a lot of 'good' marines or marines that are at least portrayed as morally good. Like Coby, Smoker etc. At least, Oda is potentially setting up a possible exodus of the good Marines from the organization.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Like if you want to know the thought process behind the celestial dragons/marines/whatever then this is a pretty good summation

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
do people think Coby would standby while St.Charlos was stealing that wife at Saobody? I honestly don't know. Maybe after Marineford he would.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I see it via Aoikiji and Sword possibly. It's a little early to tell.

mpyUHWB.jpg

I mean Sword has existed for years now since Sengoku time and Akainu or another higher up is fully aware of it. So I don't see it as a secret good faction or as any thing like that. Aokiji was a special case him leaving is not a representation of the rest.

It may or not happen but so far its plot is very weak on that front.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say the over the topness of the current OP anime I can appreciate more in gif form than in actual viewing.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean Sword has existed for years now since Sengoku time and Akainu or another higher up is fully aware of it. So I don't see it as a secret good faction or as any thing like that. Aokiji was a special case him leaving is not a representation of the rest.

It may or not happen but so far its plot is very weak on that front.
We don't know how long Sword has been around. Rosinante and Sengoku being in Sword is just speculation. I researched and didn't find this to be true. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.