Status
Not open for further replies.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
That kind of makes me hopeful we'll see more of the fight. 2 SH's vs. BM makes me think we have ot see some of it. They can't offscreen Brook and Robin, can they? :(

We will see it the question is when .
We might be heading into a flashback with Kaido and then luffy has to get back there .
I expect him to a DR and finish the fights fast when the time comes.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
- SANJI VS QUEEN LET'S GOOOOOO!!! This whole scene is amazing. I need to see it animated to fully get it, but basically Sanji kicks Queen hard enough to not only damage him, but also blocks all of Perospero's incoming arrows, but also temporarily removes him from the battlefield.

Kicks his head so fast and hard it spins like the blades of a fan blocking all the arrows is how I took it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
EI4KEaKXYAUarlY.jpg

It's coming.
(Can't find source)

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
- So all the Sanji v Queen theories have been proven true based on the Vinsmoke Judge line. Mr. Prince has arrived.

- People hyping up Zoro v. King are wanting a fight without any buildup. Zoro always developed a grudge or rivalry with his main fights, such as Mr. 1, Kaku, and PIca. There's no buildup to Zoro v. King, nor will Zoro further develop his sword skills there. He'll have a fight, but not against King.

- Marco is the only person on the live floor keeping King occupied, and I think that's his fight. He can't leave to focus on healing because no one else can take over fighting King. It's important to know that Izo is now on the live floor, and Izo won't leave his fellow crewmate hanging. It's time for a WB pirate teamup. Izo attacked King at the start of the raid, so I predict we're getting a Marco & Izo vs. King matchup now.

- I wonder where Peros will land. Time for Neko to pounce before he can get back.

- If Kinemon is dead, then kudos to Oda. What a way to go. However, Kaido's last line to him make me doubt this. Kinemon still has his wife waiting, and I don't know if Oda will kill off both of Momo's fathers.

- Law and Kid teamup!

- Kaido v. Yamato! Their placement makes me wonder if Yamato will leap down or if Kaido will fly up. Regardless, DF and flashback very soon. The wait for next chapter will be brutal, but at least we get E3 stuff to help distract us.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
So freaking happy Sanji finally got some love in terms of combat feats. It's been so long.

I hate Homie Clima-Tact. It does not vibe with Nami's aesthetics and I reject it as a concept. Zeus should've been kept as a baby cloud.

Oct 26, 2017
Sanji was cool as fuck this chapter. Him saying Zoro is worth just ten men before kicking Queen around to deflect the arrows feels like classic Mr. Prince. I also like how he didn't even hesitate to keep fighting even with Kaido saying Luffy was defeated. I'm not as upset as I would've been earlier that Sanji is fighting Queen rather than King since Queen has shown to have the more interesting personality and design. I do wonder with Chopper subbed out now, will he manage to get Zoro back up and running before the raid's end. I'm not sure I see Zoro taking anyone on as badly as he is now but you never know.

Kinemon is absolutely dying this arc. Him having a wife doesn't mean anything about his survival. Of course, he isn't dying until Kaido is down but he's definitely not making it past this arc.

Luffy using the voice either consciously or unconsciously is cool as fuck. I don't know exactly how he'll get from the sub back up to Kaido but hopefully his haki will have regained a considerable amount cause he'll need it.

I feel like Kaido is just gonna wreck Yamato even with him possibly knowing conqueror armament haki (is there a shorter name for this?). That being said, this is almost assuredly gonna be the trigger for Kaido's flashback as others have predicted.

Law and Kidd vs. Big Mom isn't surprising but I still don't see how this ends in Big Mom's defeat. I honestly have no idea what is taking out Big Mom this arc.

Oh yeah and Zeus merging with Nami's clima tact is an interesting twist on how most of us predicted he would join her.

Good chapter overall.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Also, I love the narrative of Kine and Momo having to grow into the role of calling each other father and son and eventually it becomes second nature to the point that they love each other as such while Yama threw his bonds with Kaido just a few pages later.

Aug 12, 2019
I'd say it's tying with those as well but still manages to fall short of Marineford (but to be fair it's Marineford). I enjoyed Zou and found it to be the most consistent arc after the timeskip...until I started WCI. You basically hit the nail on the head with everything you've said.

Glad to hear that Wano is of similar nature. I'm so close to being caught up and after I watch what One Pace has on Wano I'm going back to the manga.

I'm actually a little more down on Marineford than a lot of people because I think a lot of it overly relies on little skirmishes with only broad strokes of a narrative drive. I think it probably has some of the best and most hype moments in the series, and Whitebeard is ridiculously awesome as is the fact it places Luffy in a position of absolute weakness using only his resolve... but there's a lot of Marineford that feels a bit too focused on spectacle with like characters we don't have enough time with to get a full understanding of. Marineford is a lot like Dressrosa in that way, but I think Marineford manages to avoid the lows Dressrosa falls into and stays of a higher average quality. It's behind Enies Lobby/Alabasta/Whole Cake Island/Wano/Impel Down for sure for me, but it's still quality.

I'm still waiting to see the Robin fight

We all are, but Oda sees fit to deny us the greatness of that fight (and Jimbei is also weirdly sidelined in all of this, literally like 3 panels of him fighting Who's Who lol).

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
- If Kinemon is dead, then kudos to Oda. What a way to go. However, Kaido's last line to him make me doubt this. Kinemon still has his wife waiting, and I don't know if Oda will kill off both of Momo's fathers.

I like the take that we are seeing Momo's joining the Strawhats flashback in real time.

Kin is one of the Shaded ones and a pattern is forming. But you are right he is joining his wife as she could also be dead.

yesdzwsb4mq41.png
5m1gsryw4mq41.png

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
How about meeting each other halfway and clashing mid-air?

And they'll meet right at that opening BM made so the entire 2nd and 3rd floor will see the clash and freak out? I want this now. That opening is shown in that panel, and I'm sure it'll serve a purpose since Kaido talked about it last chapter.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Finally the first 11/10 OP chapter since Sanji vs Page 1, truly we are blessed.

But really though solid chapter. Excited for the Yamato/Kaido confrontation too

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Also want to give a shoutout to Shinobu

She has really grown on me over the course of this arc and other than Kinemon she has done the most for Momo during this raid

Aug 12, 2019
I'm also gonna be honest, and I make take a huge L on this and y'all can tease me on it, but I just do not believe that Marco vs King is the endgame for those two. King is basically Kaido's right hand man and he's gotten almost nothing this entire arc whereas Jack and Queen keep showing up and getting more screen time and were more established beforehand to begin with. That makes me incredibly suspicious of King from a narrative standpoint and makes me think he's being saved for a big duel and I just don't see Marco to be the one when he's been in an overwhelmingly support role this whole time (Honestly, I lean towards Marco will need to hold off Kaido at some point while we wait for Luffy to return because Luffy's current fall feels very setup for his usual last minute save).

And my thing is, you can't have 2/3rd of the Monster Trio defeating the top guy and his third in line and then just leave Zoro out of the conversation. And I know people are gonna default to "but his damage", but that feels a little hollow to me when Luffy has literally been knocked out twice in this fight by Kaido using some of his strongest attacks and is clearly going to come back and beat Kaido in the end (and there's a chance he may get knocked down again depending on how much the tragedy angle of Act 3 goes). It's not like Zoro isn't Luffy's level in terms of taking damage after everything we saw in Thriller Bark, and he's been wrapped up several chapter with Chopper taking over to heal him, the X factor of the shrouded healer for the Scabbards in play (which I think we've generally settled on as being Hiyori lol), and there's just references to Zoro coming back into this fight and it pairs so nicely with the dinosaur hunters line from Little Garden to for Zoro and Sanji and their general competitive banter here.

Again, I recognize that's not a popular sentiment here and it feels a little Zoro-fanboyish I suppose, but it just makes way too much sense to me. Like having him "kill" Orochi would be such a nothing moment that I don't think it's his end game for Wano at all and again, having 2/3rd of the Monster Trio get their proper 1 vs 1 fights of the 1st and 3rd stronger enemies in the Beast Pirates without Zoro getting the same feels off to me when this is clearly supposed to be the Monster Trio getting to the level of Yonko status.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Who is ready to watch Big Mom get pummeled by rocks?

That's my expectations for this fight.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Great chapter. Sanji Stans your time has come!!!! Momonosuke did a good thing, he's alright when he's not perving.

Yamato vs Kaido hype tho!!!
200.gif

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly certain that Zoro is going to be fighting King. That said, the lead-up and execution will determine if I'm fine with it or not. I'll be fine with it if it's Luffy Tension Hormone situation, where he's able to push his body due to being in a pseudo 100% state. I'll be cool with that because Zoro will have to put King down in an allotted amount of time before his body craps back out. Maybe have Chopper do the initial mending and have Marco put his all into putting Zoro into a similar state.

What I don't want is a clearly injured and weakened Zoro taking on a still marginally fresh Billion Beli Yonkou Commander and winning. I don't want a Hachi situation.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Luffy telepathically telling Momo to wait, 'cause he is gonna come back up and beat Kaido's ass, even as he is sinking to the bottom of the ocean, is going to go down as one of the top Luffy moments.

This chapter was classic One Piece.

It was so much of a classic One Piece chapter, that Sanji even got to do some cool fight shit!

Oct 27, 2017
Yall been thinking Big Mom would go down for a while and every time she proves why she's an Emperor by easily destroying everyone who tries her

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I'm also gonna be honest, and I make take a huge L on this and y'all can tease me on it, but I just do not believe that Marco vs King is the endgame for those two. King is basically Kaido's right hand man and he's gotten almost nothing this entire arc whereas Jack and Queen keep showing up and getting more screen time and were more established beforehand to begin with. That makes me incredibly suspicious of King from a narrative standpoint and makes me think he's being saved for a big duel and I just don't see Marco to be the one when he's been in an overwhelmingly support role this whole time (Honestly, I lean towards Marco will need to hold off Kaido at some point while we wait for Luffy to return because Luffy's current fall feels very setup for his usual last minute save).

And my thing is, you can't have 2/3rd of the Monster Trio defeating the top guy and his third in line and then just leave Zoro out of the conversation. And I know people are gonna default to "but his damage", but that feels a little hollow to me when Luffy has literally been knocked out twice in this fight by Kaido using some of his strongest attacks and is clearly going to come back and beat Kaido in the end (and there's a chance he may get knocked down again depending on how much the tragedy angle of Act 3 goes). It's not like Zoro isn't Luffy's level in terms of taking damage after everything we saw in Thriller Bark, and he's been wrapped up several chapter with Chopper taking over to heal him, the X factor of the shrouded healer for the Scabbards in play (which I think we've generally settled on as being Hiyori lol), and there's just references to Zoro coming back into this fight and it pairs so nicely with the dinosaur hunters line from Little Garden to for Zoro and Sanji and their general competitive banter here.

Again, I recognize that's not a popular sentiment here and it feels a little Zoro-fanboyish I suppose, but it just makes way too much sense to me. Like having him "kill" Orochi would be such a nothing moment that I don't think it's his end game for Wano at all and again, having 2/3rd of the Monster Trio get their proper 1 vs 1 fights of the 1st and 3rd stronger enemies in the Beast Pirates without Zoro getting the same feels off to me when this is clearly supposed to be the Monster Trio getting to the level of Yonko status.

I would really, really prefer Zoro team up with Luffy for Kaido. I was fanboying for the first time in years when they were all on top of Onigashima and Zoro was putting in the work. At this point I'm ready for him to be basically equal with Luffy with Luffy having all his extra bonuses that puts him ahead.

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
I'm sure it's already been said, but this is yet another chapter title dedicated to Yamato. Isn't this like the 8th one at this point? That's a lot for a new character introduced 30 chapters ago...

Oct 27, 2017

That's because Oda's setting up the true fight
Franky vs King
Time for my boy Cutty Flam to shine once more!

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I wonder if the scabbards are going to be the biggest casualties of this arc or if anyone else more important is going to die (be it on the alliance's side or Kaido's)

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I would really, really prefer Zoro team up with Luffy for Kaido. I was fanboying for the first time in years when they were all on top of Onigashima and Zoro was putting in the work. At this point I'm ready for him to be basically equal with Luffy with Luffy having all his extra bonuses that puts him ahead.

He won't be even not until maybe the end at this point Zoro leaving Kadio to Luffy .
I see him teaming up with Law and Kidd before he teams up with Luffy .

Status
Not open for further replies.