special-attacks26khc.png

storydsk8n.png

online-co-opqejp0.png

playable-characters4oqjx6.png

ps4-info9lkvm.png

xbox-infoy2khe.png

collectors-editione9kfa.png

MISC THINGS I DIDN'T MAKE AN IMAGE FOR:
As per all One Piece games these days, there is no dub available. Only subtitles.
Can't find it on the PSN store? Me neither. Seems only America and presumably Japan are allowed to preorder digitally. Thanks Bandai/Sony/both. It should be available on the day of release. It better be.
Put Big Mom on the boxart you cowards.​

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
still on mermaid island but I'm excited

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm hyped. In for switch will have to trade some friend codes. Had a blast with 3

Also I though Carrots Sulong form Was her super, not a full form change, did that change?

On another note when do we think the first batch of dlc characters will be officially revealed? I assume soon since they know dataminers will be going at the steam version day one

Love that the skill upgrade system has been retooled

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks for the OP AgentLampshade

I recall someone saying she has both, except that she can only Form Change when it's nighttime.
Oh sweet and that makes complete thematic sense, Sanji has similar limitations.
bet the treasure log has night versions of all maps.
The real challenge for me will be finishing the Mua3 Fantastic Four Shadow of Doom story dlc(ironically also from KT) before this XD

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Probably made a mistake getting this with Persona 5 Royal just around the corner, but the temptation was too hard to resist.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also Chopper and Franky were robbed, Montser point and General Franky should have been form changes(heck Chopper should have had half his points as proper forms

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
for thsoe buying for steam the cheapest store is gamesplanet uk + the uncut group discount. I bought the deluxe edition for 56€

I also hope the port for PC is good. the last one was really poor.

[edit] Your OT makes me feel like shit. its too good.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would it make sense to drop my play through of Pirate Warriors 3 and cop this one? I'm only at Sabody

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Would it make sense to drop my play through of Pirate Warriors 3 and coo this one? I'm only at Sabody
Yeah, this is just that but better. I was mid playthrough of PW3 on switch (already beat it on PS4) but I stopped as we were getting so close to launch.

Although be warned that many arcs in PW3 are exempted all together.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was just the updated 3, didn't know about the form changes and other stuff, what a welcome surprise

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
No moria and no megallan? I hope they are DLC chars.
Would it make sense to drop my play through of Pirate Warriors 3 and cop this one? I'm only at Sabody
without playing the game i can't answer 100% sure but ic an use my experience with warriors titles.
Generally speaking warriors titles are very iterative. So this game should use PW3 has a foundation and build apon it.
IMO usually speaking if you are still enjoying the previous game then i'd continue to play the old title and buy this when it has a sale. It is very rare, IMO, for a warriors sequel to be so good that "invalidates" the previous version.
For me it is only worth buying a new warriors game if you really want the new chars and new levels. Even then it might be better to wait for first impressions to see if it is really worth it to you

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I thought it was just the updated 3, didn't know about the form changes and other stuff, what a welcome surprise
New air combos, redesigned and more accurate maps, all characters are in scale so giant mode, destructible environments, modified coin and skill tree, and treasure log which is specific mission based with over a 100 missions

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope its more like 2 and less like 3. I played all 3 of them for very long periods of time but 3 had too many nerfs and some missions were crazy on the difficulty scale. Think I was just too burned out on maxing out everyones crew gauges that it soured me a bit, similar to the coin shenanigans going on in PW1.

Alas I wont buy this day 1, as I've gotten all 3 of them for like 60-70% off in about 6-9 months consistently. I'll prolly pick up the character pass when i get the game too depending on who they add. I hope its all new characters and not removed ones.

Really sad they got rid of Enel. He would've worked perfect for these new systems because of his lighnting gauge allowing all types of different attacks, yet they add every sanji brother and sister :/. Magellan couldve been refined as well. I'm surprised they still never added Wapol, he was the odd character out in the old games because s a boss/npc he had a lot of thought put into his moves, like how Ivankov was in PW2.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
New air combos, redesigned and more accurate maps, all characters are in scale so giant mode, destructible environments, modified coin and skill tree, and treasure log which is specific mission based with over a 100 missions
Yeah, the Musou formula is fun but I always said it needs more meat.

I hope its more like 2 and less like 3. I played all 3 of them for very long periods of time but 3 had too many nerfs and some missions were crazy on the difficulty scale. Think I was just too burned out on maxing out everyones crew gauges that it soured me a bit, similar to the coin shenanigans going on in PW1.

Alas I wont buy this day 1, as I've gotten all 3 of them for like 60-70% off in about 6-9 months consistently. I'll prolly pick up the character pass down when i get the game too depending on who they add.

Really sad they got rid of Enel though. He would've worked perfect for these new systems because of his lighnting gauge allowing all types of different attacks, yet they add every sanji brother and sister :/. Magellan couldve been refined as well. I'm surprised they still never added Wapol, he was the odd character out in the old games because s a boss/npc he had a lot of thought put into his moves, like how Ivankov was in PW2.
Yeah 3 just got tedious of fuck with the go here, now go here bullshit

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Imma wait for impression from Musou vets before I decide on getting this, KT has been on a roll of making weird decision that ruin gameplay in these games for me. Going back and discovering PW3 after a series of duds was a revelation but I won't put it past them to make the same mistakes again.

Also the OP highlights the weird lack of info on new gameplay additions and mission design from PW3 that they have made for PW4. Just a series of character trailers with pseudo mechanics reveals, very weird.

Oct 25, 2017
Really sad they got rid of Enel. He would've worked perfect for these new systems because of his lighnting gauge allowing all types of different attacks, yet they add every sanji brother and sister :/. Magellan couldve been refined as well.
what I'm saying!!?
They skipped Skypiea entirely to begin with tho. To be honest they could've left pre timeskip out and flesh out the timeskip stuff more for all that

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
They could have put more of Big Mom's kid's in there. Like the heat dude, and the candy dude

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Very hype for this game. One question for anyone that has it. It the online coop only special missions and not the campaign? I have not ben able to find a straigh answer, and I fear its only some special missions. Just asking to see if my brother can play the campaign with me online or if its just some specific coop-only missions.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
They could have put more of Big Mom's kid's in there. Like the heat dude, and the candy dude
Perospero is a npc at least(cutscene only). On the flip side Cracker has been removed from the story entirely. Also Musou attacks are closer to Mua skills now: you get four each with a cool down/chargeup gauge

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. Hope the DLC has some worthwhile folks.

Also, I hope Akainu has his post time skip outfit. It's low key bothers me that he's. It been shown with it.

Oct 27, 2017
I saw something somewhere that it had a 12 player versus mode or something and remember thinking that it must be wrong coz I've never played a Warriors game (I've only played 3 or 4 to be fair) with a mode like that. Anyone know anymore about this?

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Perospero is a npc at least(cutscene only). On the flip side Cracker has been removed from the story entirely. Also Musou attacks are closer to Mua skills now: you get four each with a cool down/chargeup gauge
Did they take away grab and throws too like MUA?

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
That playable character list seems weak. Why does it seem weak to me? I mean, outside of the Vinsmoke jobbers all being there, which seems like major overkill.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
That playable character list seems weak. Why does it seem weak to me? I mean, outside of the Vinsmoke jobbers all being there, which seems like major overkill.

There's a sizable handful of no-shows from 3 such as Kuma, Perona, Enel, etc. And even then there's other noteworthy characters that still haven't had a spotlight yet....but then they made damn sure to get all the Vinsmokes in. o_O

Wouldn't surprise me if those older faces make up a good chunk of the DLC, if only because of how much this game clearly focused on Whole Cake Island and Wano.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
There's a sizable handful of no-shows from 3 such as Kuma, Perona, Enel, etc. And even then there's other noteworthy characters that still haven't had a spotlight yet....but then they made damn sure to get all the Vinsmokes in. o_O

Wouldn't surprise me if those older faces make up a good chunk of the DLC, if only because of how much this game clearly focused on Whole Cake Island and Wano.
Ah, fuck. Kuma was one of my favs. DLC being a bunch of cut characters would be kinda weak, but I can see it. Gangster Gastino got robbed.

Also, do we know if there's proper attire this time around? Pre-TS Zoro still rocking the Enies Lobby jacket the whole time?

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, fuck. Kuma was one of my favs. DLC being a bunch of cut characters would be kinda weak, but I can see it. Gangster Gastino got robbed.

Also, do we know if there's proper attire this time around? Pre-TS Zoro still rocking the Enies Lobby jacket the whole time?
It's not 100% but Zoro's got the proper classic outfit this time out. I believe Ussop is still repping the blue yellow combo

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean they've been teasing some movie villains being dlc and Shiki would be pure awesome

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

Everyone pre-time skip is wearing their canon outfits except Usopp, who is still wearing the yellow shirt and blue overalls.

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am torn. Switch or Xbox one x( or ps4 pro). Is the frame rate the same?( only resolution changes?).

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Probably a question I should've asked here before convincing my girl (who's a bigger One Piece fan than I am) to pre-order this game:

Can the story missions be played together via online co-op?

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice I missed the thread earlier! My friends and me are super hyped for the game and will play split-screen with Steam Remote Play Together! :D Are there any indications that the PC port will be a crapshoot like the PW3 one? I mean this time around there is no PS3 version so I doubt it can get that messed up but you never know... I feel safe though because of Steam refunds. We 100%'ed PW3 on PC still :P