• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
pokemon-go-straw-hat-pikachu-event.png

The event is being held to help support the Kumamoto city in Japan rebuild after the earthquake. This event is seemingly worldwide btw.

According to Pokemon Go Japan official website:

"Pokémon GO" also supports the reconstruction project of Kumamoto Prefecture, in which the manga artist Eiichiro Oda is cooperating!
The Kumamoto earthquake that occurred in April 2016. Manga artist Eiichiro Oda from Kumamoto Prefecture has always been helping to recover the areas affected by the earthquake. "Pokémon GO" also held an event in March 2017 where many "Kabigon" appeared in Kumamoto Prefecture, hoping that many trainers would visit Kumamoto Prefecture.
"Pokémon GO" also cooperates with the reconstruction project in which Mr. Oda is cooperating, and we will work together to support Kumamoto reconstruction. We hope that all Pokémon GO trainers from all over the world come to Kumamoto revitalization and visit the site.
The statues of friends of the character "Meat Straw" of the cartoon "ONE PIECE" will be set up in Kumamoto Prefecture. This statue appeared on "Pokémon GO" as a pocket stop on Monday, July 22, 2019. An illustration drawn by Mr. Oda is used for the image of Pokestop. (Newly drawn illustrations are reflected in the pocket stop sequentially according to the installation of the image.

Along with Pikachu, you will revive Star Hats for your avatars.

pokemon-go-straw-hat.png

Oda is an active player of Pokemon Go, saying he wants a Legendary and sad he can't seem to get a Snorelax.

Give me a Unknow if old.

Also a simpsons gif because I couldn't help it:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I know that it's literally a Pikachu with another hat but holy crap that's freaking adorable.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Now I really wish the hat Pikachus were compatible with Sw/Sh cause holy crap I love it lol!

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mugiwara-chu: Gia Sekando!

Satoshi gonna be jealous Pikachu wearing another dudes hat.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely loathe GO with all my soul, but I can't deny Straw Hat Pikachu is beyond adorable and it's for a good cause.

Too bad two of my favorite things ever coming together though had to be wasted with GO.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Add in Hello Kitty somewhere and this would be the most Japan thing ever. Lmao the male trainer is even doing the pose, nice.