• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Tormund and the wildlings were already hanging out at Winterfell last season and nobody cared. Why would the northerners all of a sudden be infuriated by their presence since they're coming back from the wall?

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But the wildlings are gonna die too. The entire North is going to be extinct, and that means trade with that region will be cut off, and the North actually DOES export resources (wood, for example).

I don't think they will die more than the ones fleeing Winterfell, they'll flee with them, all the way south to KL, and if they are not allowed in Winterfell they will likely get south before they do. But they won't be welcomed. And if Sansa becomes queen, they are screwed.

Tormund and the wildlings were already hanging out at Winterfell last season and nobody cared. Why would the northerners all of a sudden be infuriated by their presence since they're coming back from the wall?

Wasn't it just a few of them? Most are in the Gift and the forts.

Sansa whined about food supplies already.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So when The Mad King heard voices in his head to "burn them all", could have been Bran telling him to burn the White Walkers?

I posted this in the other thread:

"This. This isn't the end. Not for you. Not yet."
"How will we know it's the end?"
"You'll know."
geQVGci.jpg

7I99eiT.jpg

8riougs.jpg

lssY5Cu.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will die more than the ones fleeing Winterfell, they'll flee with them, all the way south to KL, and if they are not allowed in Winterfell they will likely get south before they do. But they won't be welcomed. And if Sansa becomes queen, they are screwed.

I think the thing is this: If any Northmen survive the White Walkers' assault and flee south, the story will spread with them, wildlings or not. You can't explain the entire North going extinct and all of its resources and trade routes going silent with "because wildlings". And even with two dragons (remember, Westeros knows Dany had three when she first made landfall at Dragonstone, and now she only has two, so SOMETHING had to kill the third one), you can't make an entire half of a massive continent go extinct like that.

The world will figure it out. D&D would have to be monumentally stupid writers (I know, I know) to try and force an ending where the entire world is totally oblivious to half of Westeros dying and just chalks it up to "some wildlings came".

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think the thing is this: If any Northmen survive the White Walkers' assault and flee south, the story will spread with them, wildlings or not. You can't explain the entire North going extinct and all of its resources and trade routes going silent with "because wildlings". And even with two dragons (remember, Westeros knows Dany had three when she first made landfall at Dragonstone, and now she only has two, so SOMETHING had to kill the third one), you can't make an entire half of a massive continent go extinct like that.

The world will figure it out. D&D would have to be monumentally stupid writers (I know, I know) to try and force an ending where the entire world is totally oblivious to half of Westeros dying and just chalks it up to "some wildlings came".

But the wildlings won't live south. They will be hunted down, and have to flee and live back north after it's all over. They will not become a bunch of kneelers. They will not save themselves only to lose who they are.

I posted about this before, how GRRM's question of "What did Aragorn do with the orcs? Did he slaughter them all, even the baby orcs? What were his tax policies" will likely be answered with how the wildlings are treated after the war is over. We know there is a scene where people argue/haggle over land too.

And if the wildlings are not allowed south, they won't just happily walk back north, they'll be forced north.

If Sansa is queen, the story will not be the official story. She is Littlefinger's heir. It will be her official story, the one that favors her, her house, her people.

Daenerys will not be remembered as a savior. Not the woman who invaded Westeros with an army of Dothraki screamers, eunnuchs, Iron Borns (who previously sacked Winterfell too). She is the perfect "evil witch" type character, from the people's perspective, so even if she ends up saving the day, everything is in place for people to remember as the threat the world faced.

The NK, right now, is still not on anyone's radar except the north, and you see how little that threat is worrying them when they feel it's still time to argue over politics.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
But the wildlings won't live south. They will be hunted down, and have to flee and live back north after it's all over. They will not become a bunch of kneelers. They will not save themselves only to lose who they are.

I posted about this before, how GRRM's question of "What did Aragorn do with the orcs? Did he slaughter them all, even the baby orcs? What were his tax policies" will likely be answered with how the wildlings are treated after the war is over. We know there is a scene where people argue/haggle over land too.

And if the wildlings are not allowed south, they won't just happily walk back north, they'll be forced north.

If Sansa is queen, the story will not be the official story. She is Littlefinger's heir. It will be her official story, the one that favors her, her house, her people.

Daenerys will not be remembered as a savior. Not the woman who invaded Westeros with an army of Dothraki screamers, eunnuchs, Iron Borns (who previously sacked Winterfell too). She is the perfect "evil witch" type character, from the people's perspective, so even if she ends up saving the day, everything is in place for people to remember as the threat the world faced.

The NK, right now, is still not on anyone's radar except the north, and you see how little that threat is worrying them when they feel it's still time to argue over politics.

Again, you're missing the point. EXTINCTION is not something you can just handwave away. You can't be like 'oh, literally every single great house in the North is dead and nobody questions how or why that happened'.

George isn't an idiot. The socio-political and economic effects of the entire North going extinct would have ripple effects across the entirety of Westeros. Wood exports would stop completely, which means shipbuilding and town maintenance would suffer across the continent, especially in geographically harsh areas like the Vale and the Stormlands that don't have much in the way of grand forests.

And then you'd have the Northmen survivors who bleed down into the South after the invasion: they'd tell the story, and it would spread, and even if Sansa tried to cover it up (why would she?), all it would do is paint her as a massive liar and lead to her being a hated, distrusted queen just like Cersei. You'd have a miserable, furious populace who's likely fed up with conniving, manipulative, lying pieces of shit sitting on the throne after years and years of endless war using them as pawns and she could wind up being assassinated by the smallfolk.

I'm actually writing a book that features a near-extinction level event happening during a feudal system, and the amount of societal and economic damage that that kind of loss of life would do to the continent as a whole is not something you can just cover up with a lie without massive repercussions and fallout.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It will still be a bunch of grumpkin stories if they don't see it. Plus, a dragon burning down the wall or a dragon destroying the north, while Daenerys and her dragons invade westeros or go north, it's all the same to people's ears. Some will believe, most might not. But they will for sure believe Daenerys tried to conquer westeros and make the north bend to her and that the wall was destroyed by her dragon(s).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It will still be a bunch of grumpkin stories if they don't see it. Plus, a dragon burning down the wall or a dragon destroying the north, while Daenerys and her dragons invade westeros or go north, it's all the same to people's ears. Some will believe, most might not. But they will for sure believe Daenerys tried to conquer westeros and make the north bend to her and that the wall was destroyed by her dragon(s).

You can't cover up mass extinction with grumpkin stories. That's what I keep trying to tell you. The North is more than half the total landmass of Westeros. Losing the entirety (or even just a majority) of its population would be catastrophic.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I have this feeling toward the end of Ep6 - we'll get a fast forward to '___ Years Later' and some little shit on the throne...and I'm gonna be all Lost finale type of mad.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You can't cover up mass extinction with grumpkin stories. That's what I keep trying to tell you. The North is more than half the total landmass of Westeros. Losing the entirety (or even just a majority) of its population would be catastrophic.

I agree it would be catastrophic. But what will be the cause? We as the audience are very biased, we know the threat. It's not there yet. And we don't know under what form it will be, or even what the NK wants, or where he is going exactly.

You saw what happened to House Umber, not a single body left. They all just disappeared, there is no one to say what happened. Sure, people who know could say "It was the Night's King!", but what will people actually believe?

This is a world full of myths and legends and distorted facts and lies and half-truths.

Right now, the cause of all of the north's ills, from the northmen's point of view, is Lannisters, Iron Borns, Dothrakis, Unsullied, Dragons, and a Targaryen queen asking them to kneel. That's where the story is at the moment, that's the perspective they have at the moment.

We'll see how the NK attacks unfolds exactly, and how things unfold among the people before he even arrives.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So my official theory for this next episode and what comes after is that Dany finds Jaime guilty and locks him up. Tyrion does for him what Jaime did for him. Tyurion releases Jaime during the battle or shortly before.

I have not seen any leaks. Please don't tell me if I am right or wrong.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What if all plotlines unravel in the face of the white walkers, and after futile attempts to stave them off, literally everyone is consumed and converted. The end.

I have entertained the idea of a "The Departed" ending where everyone bites the dust, but I don't think that is going to happen. I think there will be SOMEONE left standing at the end. The only problem is nailing down who that someone will be.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I like the idea that Bran made the Mad King mad same as he did to Hodor. He could be in one of his visions and someone near him is screaming to burn them all and that's where the Mad King went mad.

Diya

Oct 27, 2017
Underworld
So my official theory for this next episode and what comes after is that Dany finds Jaime guilty and locks him up. Tyrion does for him what Jaime did for him. Tyurion releases Jaime during the battle or shortly before.

I have not seen any leaks. Please don't tell me if I am right or wrong.

I remember a leak from Youtube mentioning that they are about sentence Jaimie and Tormund and Beric arrive at the gate. Their warning of the White Walkers arrival might end up saving Jaimie.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember a leak from Youtube mentioning that they are about sentence Jaimie and Tormund and Beric arrive at the gate. Their warning of the White Walkers arrival might end up saving Jaimie.

Dany being like "Jaime Lannister, I hereby sentence you to--" and conveniently getting cut off by a horn blowing or something is such a D&D thing to do that I can believe it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still working on my endgame Seven scenario

Father - Aegon
Mother - Cersei
Maiden - Varys
Warrior - Hound
Smith - Gendry
Crone - Mel
Stranger - Arya

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There is one character who has yet to be revealed. Toby Osmond is playing a royal role, super secret, wearing a golden armor. He was supposedly in the trial scene. Curious.

A likely Dornish prince, and the actor had a bunch of Oberyn vids on his YouTube account apparently. Varys did question Oberyn about why he spent five years in Essos but could never get an answer from him.

He would be loyal to Aegon, since Aegon's mother was a Martell.

Who do you guys think he is? Pretty top secret so far.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There is one character who has yet to be revealed. Toby Osmond is playing a royal role, super secret, wearing a golden armor. He was supposedly in the trial scene. Curious.

A likely Dornish prince, and the actor had a bunch of Oberyn vids on his YouTube account apparently. Varys did question Oberyn about why he spent five years in Essos but could never get an answer from him.

He would be loyal to Aegon, since Aegon's mother was a Martell.

Who do you guys think he is? Pretty top secret so far.

He probably doesn't matter. The trial would be near the end of the series and they're not introducing a new pivotal character in the final or penultimate episode. It's madness to even entertain thoughts of that happening.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if arya is littlefingwrs daughter.

That fuxking fits if they both end up Faceless Men.

I'm ma work on this

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone apparently posted this on Freefolk a month ago. It's the episode names and descriptions. They got the first episode right.

EPISODE 801 - 'Winterfell' Runtime: 54 minutes Jon and Daenerys arrive in the north. Alliances are solidified while enemies plot.

EPISODE 802 - 'Enemies from the East' Runtime: 58 minutes Cersei faces a new threat. Bran reveals several truths. Winterfell prepares for war.

EPISODE 803 - 'The Long Night' Runtime: 60 minutes

War comes to the North. Sansa plays a game.

EPISODE 804 - 'A Time for Wolves'

Runtime: 78 minutes.

The north deals with the aftermath of the war while Cersei receives an unexpected visitor.

EPISODE 805 - 'Children of the Dragon'

Runtime: 80 minutes

A way out is revealed and Arya meets and old friend.

EPISODE 806 (finale) - 'A Dream of Spring'

Runtime: 80 minutes

Everything that begins must have an end.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Considering Jaime is the central focus of episode 2 (clearly), no alliances were solidified in episode 1, and no plotting occurs beyond Bronn being given Twin's crossbow, I doubt this is more than an informed guess, Hydrus.

As I said in the other thread, we'll know on Sunday if the episode is called Enemies to the East because that is too specific a guess.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
It says that episode 3 is 60 minutes instead of 82, so lucky guess I think.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
The dead had better reach KL. Would be super disappointing otherwise.

I also have trouble imagining the show runners ignoring the opportunity to have shots of a massive undead army outside the walls of KL.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Tyrion will kill Cersei and blow up Kingslanding, finally getting revenge against all the people that wronged him. That's his W. He'll get executed, but it will be all worth it for him. This is the "bittersweet" ending the cast has been saying over and over for the past 2 years.

Bran blows King's Landing with a dragon. The show and books have been foreshadowing it for a while now.

Tyrion blowing it up for revenge doesn't really make sense for Show! Tyrion as he didn't let Dany use her dragons against KL because of the possible damage.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering Jaime is the central focus of episode 2 (clearly), no alliances were solidified in episode 1, and no plotting occurs beyond Bronn being given Twin's crossbow, I doubt this is more than an informed guess, Hydrus.

As I said in the other thread, we'll know on Sunday if the episode is called Enemies to the East because that is too specific a guess.

I think by solidified, it means Euron and Cersei alliance is, after they have sex. Also with Sansa agreeing to give the north to Dany. So, yes some alliances were solidified in that episode.
It says that episode 3 is 60 minutes instead of 82, so lucky guess I think.
The original runtime was that, than it got updated a few weeks ago to the new time.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If this stuff is true, the new enemy Cersei faces from the East is almost certainly Melisandre's return. That title sounds awfully bad though, I don't buy it.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Aegon, son of Rhaegar and Elia, is dead.

So you think.

BTW I guess Enemy from the East (I think it's bull) could be Toby Osmond's character coming.

This was on in his favorites on his YouTube account.

IY6ESPX.jpg

Actor Toby Osmond to play a "royal role" in Game of Thrones season 8?
Per Frikidoctor, this scene will feature two characters we haven't met yet. one of whom will be wearing golden armor or a golden outfit. Reportedly, Osmond will play him.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I think it would be cool if they had a scene where Cersei returns to her bed and finds Euron's head next to the crossbow with a message.

"Do it yourself."

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So looks like Friki dropped some more info. Says that Gendry will play a big role and that he will make a difinitive weapon to kill the night king. Getting this off Freefolk btw.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Toby Osmond will just end up being the show's version of Darkstar and the new Prince of Dorne, with the Daynes taking over for the Martells. Because this show needs more Darkstar.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will fook me, apparently someone leaked episode 3 on freefolk. I dont know whats real anymore. Here it is, if you want to read.
senjmxoacct21.jpg

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me why Cersei would send her new army to surprise attack Winterfell in the midst of a battle with White Walkers?

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me why Cersei would send her new army to surprise attack Winterfell in the midst of a battle with White Walkers?
Becasue she doesnt take the WW threat seriously and the Golden army are just hired guns she bought to destroy Danerys. Seems like something she would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.