Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone recommend good books on a broad overview of AI and where we're going? Is Bostrom's Superintelligence still the best or is there something newer?

May 26, 2018
0np71mu.jpeg
Replace Jerry with ai chat terminal

We did

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
GPT4 playing chess when

it can play right now. It has an elo below 800 (at least it was beaten by the chess.com 800 bot) but it can keep track of the pieces very well (up to a certain amount of movements)

but it cannot tell it is in checkmate

I do not recommend trying it on chat right now cause it is limited to 25 QUESTIONS EVERY 3 HOURS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Bings Chat feels more like it's just taking random search results and adding them all together for an answer. Regular Chat GPT seems like it's more "AI" like. Think I'm going to sub to a month and play with it on the open ai end.

Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
Just pumped out a short story (27 pages), with lore and all in less than an hour. All about prompting. Can't wait to see where I take this.

Marketing blurb
Embark on an epic journey of enlightenment and discovery in a world where magic and science intertwine. Set in an alternate 1920s-style Celesterra, Photonic Stringomancy governs the fate of the planet. Secrets beyond the realm of imagination await the brave few who dare to question the world's limitations.
Join our heroes as they navigate treacherous politics, confront hidden adversaries, and uncover their own destinies. Witness the awakening of a legendary figure whose unique perspective becomes an enduring symbol of wisdom and freedom.
Experience a tale of friendship, redemption, and the unbreakable bonds that define the spirit of Celesterra's people. Traverse the cosmos and the infinite realms of the multiverse, as our heroes unlock the mysteries of existence and embrace their boundless potential.

Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
25 message limit for gpt4 is definitely not enough! Trying to make a choose your own adventure based upon the world in the above post and having to ask it to continue when it get's hung up coding uses too many prompts

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Messed around with GPT (free version) to run a small D&D campaign scenario and it was quite fun. However, the limitations of it refusing to be "unethical", even in a playful setting like D&D, is a pretty big bummer. I was a Thief Rogue and as soon as I tried to pickpocket someone, the AI refused. Any time I wanted to battle someone and kill them, it was a no go.

I understand why these are in place... but Id absolutely pay for a version without these limitations.