• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 10, 2018
I ask because I just impulse bought one on B&H for $1000.

I was looking at the C8 and was going to get that probably later in the year and randomly decided to click on the deals section and saw a 55 inch C7 for only $1000.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have the LG B7A which is similar to the C7 and it's a fantastic tv. And that's a great price for that tv! i paid S1,500 for mine. Once you go OLED you don't go back

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I've had the B7 now for 18 months or so, use it daily for 4-5 hours and no problems. Love it, great TV and if/when it dies I'll immediately replace it with another LG OLED.

There are a ton of tweaking guides and you can spend a ton of hours playing with it and being pretty confused on whats better or not. Don't really have much advice, just after a while I gave up and was happy with what I had.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I've had the B7 now for 18 months or so, use it daily for 4-5 hours and no problems. Love it, great TV and if/when it dies I'll immediately replace it with another LG OLED.

There are a ton of tweaking guides and you can spend a ton of hours playing with it and being pretty confused on whats better or not. Don't really have much advice, just after a while I gave up and was happy with what I had.
I use mine as a computer monitor and i have zero burn in problems.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a 65" C8 in September.

I labored over the decision for weeks and was consumed with really bad guilt over it for a few days afterwards, but it's been so worth it. Saying it's like night and day would be drastically underselling how much of an improvement it is over the 65" 1080p screen I had beforehand.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of wish I had gone with an oled. I was worried about burn in. My next TV will definetly be an oled.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
I have a C7. A few things I don't like about it, but it's otherwise immaculate.

I'm almost always against any form of Motion Flow, but I'd actually suggest seeing it to User and setting both settings to the lowest possible (1). Helps compensate for the judder.

Oct 28, 2017
I have the C8 and the picture quality is absolutely insane. If you watch any of the nature docs like Planet Earth or Our Planet on it vs a regular LED 4K, the difference is night and day.

It's the first tv upgrade that I think was worth every penny since my original upgrade to HD from SD.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up on the same deal and set it up on Saturday. Coming from a Vizio m50d1 4k HDR, this is an awesome upgrade.

Picture quality across the whole screen is unbelievable. No more grey areas in the shadows of a scene. Definitely happy, and for the price I think it's unbeatable.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a B8 and it's ruined non-OLED TVs for me. I was watching a movie at my girlfriend's on her plasma this weekend and the grey blacks just distract me now. It's even worse with an LCD.