Nov 21, 2017
The console ( Series X ) is working perfectly, except for one thing... If I have the "sleep mode" on in the power-settings, sometimes when I turn off the console it starts right back up and the controller isn't synced anymore. The only way to sync it is to force a full shutdown. I switched to "energy saving" mode - so that it does a complete shut-down every time - and there is no issue anymore. Anyone else experience this weird glitch?

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
When I shut down my Series X in the mode, where it still installs games and updates, it's always warm. The fan is off, but the console never get really cold.

Is this normal? I don't really know how my One X worked in that situation

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
When I shut down my Series X in the mode, where it still installs games and updates, it's always warm. The fan is off, but the console never get really cold.

The One X was the same for me, as in slightly warm to the touch. Nothing to worry about.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, the One X always stayed slightly warm. Never hot but was definitely slightly warm to the touch in standby.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So, I just got mine but what was the advantage of backing up my games?

I'm having to redownload everything, I thought there were only patches :/

Bear

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah mine is similar. It takes a while for it to cool down fully.

Fitzgerald

Feb 23, 2018
For anyone wondering, from the 2 minutes I played the Sinking City I can confirm it is smooth 60 (I think) FPS

Oct 27, 2017
Is something different with the xbox series controller mics/audio input? I get static on both my series x controllers on two separate series x consoles when connected to my bose headphones. They still work fine with my xbox one x controller. wtf??

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is something different with the xbox series controller mics/audio input? I get static on both my series x controllers on two separate series x consoles when connected to my bose headphones. They still work fine with my xbox one x controller. wtf??

I've noticed some odd static even just in the UI. MS needs to do some patching I think.

Audio and wifi issues seem to be pretty prevalent.

Oct 28, 2017
I want one of these things so bad. Just bought a BX and am going to pick it up today, but it sucks not having a new console to go along with it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So overnight, Yakuza now has quick resume. No patch (that i'm aware of)

Strange

That's good to here.

I think they can turn QR on/off on the back end without the game itself needing a patch. Others have had QR added back since launch too.

When the initial pre-release preview units went out it seemed that it just worked with everything. And then just before launch it was reported that they'd disabled it on a ton of stuff. Seems like it's slowly coming back bit by bit.

Weird.

henriquezero

May 14, 2020
I'm loving my Series S so far
But I want Microsoft update to show active games on Quick Resume, it could be a button after "My games and apps"

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
The Evil Within 2 is incredible on SX... almost 4K/60 + amazing Auto-HDR( i am continuously impressed with this feature, tried it even on INSIDE game and works great with that as well and does not ruin anything )

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Any complaints about the Series S? Thought I was all in on the X, but now considering the S along with a PS5 digital. Wasn't going to bother with PS5, but without getting into details I now have monetary incentive to do so.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems my Series X doesn't download anything after going into standby mode. I have a few games and their DLC stuck on my dead One X, so I had to redownload those. There have been a few times already when I've left my place for at least 3 hours, only to come back and find that only one or two things have completely downloaded, if that.

Granted, my connection is 75mbps and I've had to redownload at least 400 GB of content, but I would expect more things to be downloaded within a 3-hour period.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Does using streaming service apps count toward the apps that are in quick resume? Feel like Valhalla doesn't always work after opening like Netflix, Apple TV, Prime.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to jinx it but (here goes lol), anyone else extremely satisfied with XSX? I had it since launch and didn't have any bad issues at all. Coming from One X, I just plugged in my external drive and everything just works.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Rise of the Tomb Raider get a stealth patch? I had to download an upgrade for it last night. Was Framerate Mode always 4K?

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
I don't want to jinx it but (here goes lol), anyone else extremely satisfied with XSX? I had it since launch and didn't have any bad issues at all. Coming from One X, I just plugged in my external drive and everything just works.
I think that Microsoft made the right call by having a very smooth transition between One and Series. Everything that worked on One works on Series just in the same way, which makes bugs and glitches less frequent. It's very easy to adapt: all your saves are on the cloud, Smart Delivery simply downloads the necessary versión of games... I'm quite happy.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Awesome sequence, redeems the game for me
Played through this on PS4 Pro and hated it because it was so sluggish. I really liked the story though, so I bought this (before it was announced for Gamepass lol, but on sale for $30 so not bad). It's like night and day compared to PS4 Pro as far as the controls. I feel like my timing on parrying actually matters now, on PS4 Pro I just felt everything was out of time/wonky. But yea, Fallen Order on Series X is awesome. Think I'll play that and some Ori all weekend. After sitting out the Xbox One, I'm loving the Series X.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Satisfied but I need to sit down with UI team and ask them politely for some quality of life changes.

Quick resume task manager. Wifi credentials save. Auto mute tv audio when headset is plugged in. Improve apps to make them quick resume ready.

And I want BC team to inject 4k 60fps in all games... I'm willing to pay not gonna lie.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I think that Microsoft made the right call by having a very smooth transition between One and Series. Everything that worked on One works on Series just in the same way, which makes bugs and glitches less frequent. It's very easy to adapt: all your saves are on the cloud, Smart Delivery simply downloads the necessary versión of games... I'm quite happy.

Smooth and easy yeah. MS knocked it out of the park.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Have to say, I'm absolutely loving my XSX and LG C9 combo. Even though the launch line up was a bit weak, I'm finding there are other games keeping me busy and there's a lot to look forward to with Game Pass.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine this piece of information pertains to a small number of people, but The Council is unlocked and runs at a full 60fps on the Series X... with a caveat. All of the dialog and cutscenes are all capped to 30fps. So, running around: 60fps. Everything else: 30fps.

Is there a list out there of all older games with unlocked frame rate that can now hit 60 on the series X?
I only do X Enhanced titles, but it's at least a start. Search for "unlock" or "uncap". I need to standardize all the entries to one term, to make these titles easier to find. I've been busy with the thread, to say the least!