1500x500

https://www.madmushroom.gg/
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/madmushroomgg?s=21&t=vpTdtr1wHX-zEKV8GyFv5g

Going to update in a bit

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oh shit, millionaire influencers make another company?
POGGERS

edit: first thing i see on their stream:
it0eXmx.png

a "not soy" shirt.
right

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I have a favorable impression of this group given the predators and assholes that have come out of it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
They have had some controversy but they seem to really try
Imagine boiling down people like Asmongold or Sodapoppin as "some controversy." Ah yes, the "some controversy" of entirely unprompted blatant racism and transphobia. The closest thing these people do to "trying" is having enough PR sense to not have a "heated gamer moment" mid stream.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Imagine boiling down people like Asmongold or Sodapoppin as "some controversy." Ah yes, the "some controversy" of entirely unprompted blatant racism and transphobia. The closest thing these people do to "trying" is having enough PR sense to not have a "heated gamer moment" mid stream.

Not to mention Sodapoppin's ableism is so bad he got a forced name change from his ableist character name within like an hour of starting FFXIV.

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017

I'll have to go with your thoughts on those people, I can't speak to it as I have never really watched them or followed them. Watched asmon play some D4 launch for like 30 minutes. So I guess I got lucky and didn't notice any racism or sexism, but that's a poor excuse on my part.

Being oblivious is not an excuse.

I have watched Emiru and ExtraEmily speedrun SM64, and seen a few Cyr streams. I am aware of Mizkif but find him annoying.

So probably don't listen to me on anything here.

Edit: Mizkif was the controversies I was talking about, and that Rich guy who got kicked out. Then them "trying" was them giving attention to indie game and their recent show giving attention to small streamers. Compared to other orgs I seen, OTK seems to try harder with their shows compared to stuff like OTV. But again I am a very casual twitch streamer. And really just watch Emiru the most.

Last edited:

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I thought this was the devs of "We are OFK" at first and was confused by the replies and that Asmongold was part of it. 😅

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
As someone who watches Dr. K a lot and am just now finding out that these fucks are bigots, feels pretty bad ngl.

He's interviewed Asmongold and Mizkif and im hoping it's more from a "Dr. interviewing a patient" perspective than from a "sharing ideologies" perspective.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
As someone who watches Dr. K a lot and am just now finding out that these fucks are bigots, feels pretty bad ngl.

He's interviewed Asmongold and Mizkif and im hoping it's more from a "Dr. interviewing a patient" perspective than from a "sharing ideologies" perspective.

I think it's safe to say that much like all streamers in the "react" world, it's whatever makes them the most money perspective.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
As a reminder: Asmongold, one of the owners of OTK and this new Mad Mushroom publisher, is a misogynist and ablest.

I have no idea why he continues continues to be given a platform, including by Geoff Keighley just today with Summer Game Fest. As shown by this selection of his comments from 2018 through just last year, he is not changing and continues to be awful.

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/SquareColorfulHummingbirdMoreCowbell-gob7UqGXZtxEM_Pd

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveRacySwallowNerfRedBlaster-HxlBwIziF16r2vAl

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfo_zT2fi8Q

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43p1jrN1B8

kp5R5SN.png

fjm3Ryc.png

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, most of them I'd say. I mean some of them might not be as bad as Asmongold, but they are still a tight "gamur club". I was ironically calling them epic.

EDIT: Saw your post, yeah, Asmongold is someone that really thinks he is that much smarter than everybody just because he is successful. He is a grade A idiot.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
The CEO Tips and Emiru seem alright, but everyone else are a big yikes of varying degrees.

They also recently signed vtubers: ableists Veibae & Nyanners, TERF Silvervale & racist Filian to their talent agency brand Mythic.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, most of them I'd say. I mean some of them might not be as bad as Asmongold, but they are still a tight "gamur club". I was ironically calling them epic.

EDIT: Saw your post, yeah, Asmongold is someone that really thinks he is that much smarter than everybody just because he is successful. He is a grade A idiot.

And I do think there are some generally good people in OTK like Emiru and Emily.

But at the same time, they know who Asmongold is and have ignored it for years, while gladly working alongside him. This shit isn't a secret. He just doesn't face consequences for it.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
deeply bigoted streamers/youtubers & starting their own shitty companies, name a more iconic duo. swear to god, for every day9, there's like 5 of these with bigoted views that range from misogyny, all kinds of queerphobia, to ableism & racism. there's absolutely no excuse for seemingly alright people like emiru to be a part of otk either considering how long it's been known how disgusting asmongold is, clearly they're all okay with it.

The CEO Tips and Emiru seem alright, but everyone else are a big yikes of varying degrees.

They also recently signed vtubers: ableists Veibae & Nyanners, TERF Silvervale & racist Filian to their talent agency brand Mythic.

fucking hell, they really choose the worst ones huh

What is streamers that like using the N-word?

only missing pewdiepie & ninja starting publishers for the four horsemen of the n-word-loving-twitch-streamers-starting-their-own-publishers apocalypse to be complete

never

Oct 28, 2017
The OTK gameshow has been insanely good. My wife and I have seen like 20 games we want to play.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
The OTK gameshow has been insanely good. My wife and I have seen like 20 games we want to play.
I've honestly been more impressed with it than actual summer games fest main show.

I may not like some of the members but it gives a platform for a lot of great independent developers and i care more about that in this instance and if their studio allows devs to make the games they want fantastic.

E-bite

Oct 24, 2018
One of the worst parts of the gaming industry, has a game publishing brand now. yikes

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017
I've honestly been more impressed with it than actual summer games fest main show.

I may not like some of the members but it gives a platform for a lot of great independent developers and i care more about that in this instance and if their studio allows devs to make the games they want fantastic.

Yeah the org is doing good things and giving attention to good things. People like tips running it are great, the game show has been good.

But sucks to hear about asmon and soda. But I'll have to do some more research into them myself.

Last edited:

Jormatar

Banned
Sep 5, 2022
They sure have the follower base to gain some attention for the games they are publishing. I can see many indie developers being interested in this.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019

When did they sign Nyanners, Silvervale, or Filian? I only see Veibae on their website.

I found an article about Nyanners. That Mythic website is outdated

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Yeah the org is doing good things and giving attention to good things. People like tips running it are great, the game show has been good.

But sucks to hear about asmon and soda, I definitely don't support them then. But I'll have to do some more research into them myself.

The org you are praising is co-founded and co-owned by Asmon.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
You're allowed to praise good things companies are doing and good people within these companies just as you are allowed to call out the shitty people and shitty things they've done.

The orginization isn't made up of a single individual. There are a lot of really good people in OTK doing great things and i won't hand wave that because Asmon is a piece of shit.

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017

Understood, I know nothing about asmon than what is said here. So I am taking your side on all of this, and from what I hear I definitely do not like that, support him or like him.

I'll have to research more on my own time though. It is not a topic I know anything about, so I can only listen to yours and others opinions until then.

I wouldn't dream saying anything else, I know nothing about him.

But I like what I am seeing from the game expo and the other members I watch like Emiru and extraemily. Those are the only things I can have an opinion on.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Can include DrDisrespect, no N word but pathetic all-round

No N-word. Still racist though.

kotaku.com

Dr Disrespect Calls Criticism Of His Mock Chinese Accent ‘Laughable'

Possibly the most popular streamer on Twitch, Dr Disrespect was called out yesterday by musician Jimmy Wong for acting racist based on a series of clips compiled by the latter in which Disrespect caricatures Chinese accents and language. During a recent stream, Disrespect fired back by saying...

Possibly the most popular streamer on Twitch, Dr Disrespect was called out yesterday by musician Jimmy Wong for acting racist based on a series of clips compiled by the latter in which Disrespect caricatures Chinese accents and language. During a recent stream, Disrespect fired back by saying that some of his best friends are Asian.

After calling some other Fortnite players he was queuing with "no-lifes," Disrespect said yesterday that he was glad to be raised differently. "Being around different people, different ethnicities, growing up in a nice public school system having good friends from Asian descent, best friends Mexican, numerous," he said

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Yea nahhhh, these people are trash too. You can't stick around (and in Emiru's case, defend) the dude that went after a sexual assault victim to change her story because it would hurt his creeper friend and be considered "alright" imo.

lord i've completely forgotten that shit happened as well. so fucked up how mizkif was able to just come back like nothing happened, par for the course

asmongold also still hasn't changed at all considering he like many other streamers lashed out at trans people "bullying & harassing" streamers aka just saying how deeply they're disappointed in said streamers & sending variants of "trans rights" in their chats for playing terf legacy. even called them npcs in typical incel fashion. there's not a single good excuse for why any of the "good" otk members are still working with him.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017

... I've watched some Filian and Nyanners. What did they do?

I know Nyanners was beloved by the 4Chan crowd when she was young, and then went on to distance herself from all that and is now a pariah with them.

Bengraven