• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Same here. Got the game 2 days ago, went in totally blind and i'm very glad I did. This game is fascinating, and genuinely scary at times. Not as bad as Subnautica, but entering Giant's Deep the first time...

My only issues is that the game has issues with tedium. The time loop thing is cool, and powerful at first, but wow is it incredibly annoying/stupid after. The game shouldn't pull you from whatever you are doing, we should be able to explore to our hearts content without worrying about an invisible timer. Bleh.
Just set a single goal per loop, you will have enough time for it. Trying to do a lot in a single loop will not make you progress very much.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same here. Got the game 2 days ago, went in totally blind and i'm very glad I did. This game is fascinating, and genuinely scary at times. Not as bad as Subnautica, but entering Giant's Deep the first time...

My only issues is that the game has issues with tedium. The time loop thing is cool, and powerful at first, but wow is it incredibly annoying/stupid after. The game shouldn't pull you from whatever you are doing, we should be able to explore to our hearts content without worrying about an invisible timer. Bleh.
I' mguessing you don't know enough about the worlds yet. The game would literally not function without this concept, as it is.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also there are several ways to mitigate the waiting (if you need to wait) depending on where you are and what you know.

Some can be very blatantly spelled out, but they really will become apparent if you stop and consider a few elements, exhaust a few dialog options, etc.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Going to play this for the first time this week. Seeing the odd numbered achievements on Xbox is making me sad though.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Would I still enjoy this even if I didn't like the limited time cycle in Majora's Mask?
The time cycle is only about 22 minutes long and once you get used to how to navigate there aren't many areas in the game that take more than a few minutes to reach. There's one or two areas that you need to move fairly fast to get to before too much time passes, but this shouldn't be difficult to do once you've played long enough to realize what/where these areas are. All information learned is recorded on your ship, and this will remain recorded even if you loop. There are no vital items in the game or anything like that which are lost over loops (in fact it's possible to lose your pod or your ship, but they'll be restored on the next loop).

There are a few things that you need to wait for in order to do (example: there is a set of twin planets where sand falls from one planet onto the other, and you need to wait for enough sand to fall away to do certain things on the planet initially covered in sand), but you can rest at any campfire to speed up time until you get to when you want to be and there's one right in front of you where you start each loop.

Occasionally (and more often the farther in you get) you'll want to end a loop prematurely. You can do this by killing yourself or going back to the title screen. There is a better way and it's kind of an obscure thing. I'll put it in spoiler tags, but I recommend clicking since it's the one thing I wish I was spoiled on before playing and something I never discovered on my own.

If you visit the NPC on Giant's Deep a few times across multiple loops, you'll unlock an option to simply return to the start of the loop at any point without having to kill yourself.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me. I didn't know anything about this game, but heard it winning a bunch of GOTY awards.

Downloaded it from Game Pass and WOW

The game took some time to get going, but once it clicks, it's like nothing else you've ever played before. Absolutely incredible and mind bending experience.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone give me a hint of what to do with the
High Energy Lab?

It's such a pain to get to and not being able to figure it out is making me want to stop playing.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
So I already accidentally read that the finale of the game is
causing the Big Bang
. I still plan to play the game but will I be missing out on the mystery and mindfuck of the game if I go in already knowing thats what it's building up to?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I already accidentally read that the finale of the game is
causing the Big Bang
. I still plan to play the game but will I be missing out on the mystery and mindfuck of the game if I go in already knowing thats what it's building up to?
You're not missing anything if that's what you've heard.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me a hint of what to do with the
High Energy Lab?

It's such a pain to get to and not being able to figure it out is making me want to stop playing.

Minor spoiler
There's no real big puzzle solutions to something else in the solar system here, just some tidbits about how stuff works. Try interacting with the objects here.

What to do here
Just take the warp cores (the black and white things) and put them in the slots, then play around with the black hole experiment by shooting your probe at it.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Minor spoiler
There's no real big puzzle solutions to something else in the solar system here, just some tidbits about how stuff works. Try interacting with the objects here.

What to do here
Just take the warp cores (the black and white things) and put them in the slots, then play around with the black hole experiment by shooting your probe at it.

I did all of that and still have a note that there's more to explore there. I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out. But it's good to know I'm not missing anything huge here.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did all of that and still have a note that there's more to explore there. I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out. But it's good to know I'm not missing anything huge here.
Cryptic non-spoiler I'll spoil just in case:
A purpose still exists for you to keep it in mind. This will become apparent by the end of the game.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to exhaust all of the exploration to beat the game, not even close. Basically every major discovery has redundancies in how you can figure it out, what text there is to read, etc. The notice just means TECHNICALLY there's something you haven't seen, but it's ok to leave and come back to it.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks all for tips! I managed to complete the quest on my second attempt today and finish the game. Enjoyed it, but glad to be done with it I think.

iI took me forever to figure out what to do with that stump. In the end I'm still not sure what I did to progress. The whole ending section seemed kind of unnecessary, I just wanted the game to be over.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I finally got into this game after having a tough time enjoying it on my first three attempts spread out over a week or so, and wow am I hooked. I have an idea of what's going on at each planet, but there are still lots of puzzles to solve and regions to explore.

I didn't hear anything about this game until GOTY lists came out, and it's my kind of game. I must have figured people were misspelling The Outer Worlds.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda stuck and don't know where to go. I think I should be near the end of the game.

I've been to
the ash twin project and quantum moon

I figured one of those two places is where I'd find the ending, or how to get to the
eye of the universe

I feel like I've explored everywhere.

Could someone give me a nudge in the right direction?

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda stuck and don't know where to go. I think I should be near the end of the game.

I've been to
the ash twin project and quantum moon

I figured one of those two places is where I'd find the ending, or how to get to the
eye of the universe

I feel like I've explored everywhere.

Could someone give me a nudge in the right direction?
Hmm. you should really be able to get er done if you've done those things. Question spoilers
Have you been to the Nomai vessel?

If yes:
You can find the answer to what to do there somewhere on Giant's deep.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. you should really be able to get er done if you've done those things. Question spoilers
Have you been to the Nomai vessel?

If yes:
You can find the answer to what to do there somewhere on Giant's deep.

No I haven't actually. I didn't realize I could. I'll go look for it.

Thanks.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Brittle Hollow is so annoying. I've lost count how many times I've fallen.

Anyway started playing this recently after all the praise it keeps getting and I can't put it down. My experience has been basically aimless but I have enjoyed the sense of exploration immensely.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
What a gem of a game. I was able to figure out 95% of the game and puzzles on my own over the last few days, and it's awesome how everything is connected. It's a complete and comprehensive package, and I am so glad that it exists and I was able to experience it fresh.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brittle Hollow is so annoying. I've lost count how many times I've fallen.

Anyway started playing this recently after all the praise it keeps getting and I can't put it down. My experience has been basically aimless but I have enjoyed the sense of exploration immensely.
Once I found a spot I could comfortably just jet inside with the ship with (there are several), I stopped doing any platforming down there. Just gotta get used to the gravity and the very tight diameter sphere you have to work with.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Having otherwise finished up my time with the game, I'm just trying to get the Hot Shot achievement to make it to 100% - damn this is hard! I've managed to de-orbit the Sun Station twice now, so I'm getting closer, but can't quite perfect it.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up last week and for the most part, have been enjoying it. I kind of have a weird love/hate relationship with the game. Even with the the rumors/info stuff on the ship I feel like I am lost a lot and not making progress. When I do find something new, I really enjoy that moment, but putting it all together just isn't working for me.

The game makes me feel really dumb sometimes.

For example...
I found a warp to the hanging city from the sand planet. I tried to get the warp to activate several times since then and I don't understand how it works. Do I need to read some specific text each time? Do I have to wait for the sand pillar?
I also couldn't complete the
Quantum Image? Tower puzzles without a guide

A also found...
The warp core and saw the "You Are Dead" credits
Clearly there's more, but it kind of killed some of the momentum for me.

I'm going to keep trying, but the sense of enjoyment is really lost when I don't feel like I'm making progress. It's especially frustrating because so much of this game is downright beautiful. And yes, I will fully admit, I can be extremely dense and ignorant when it comes to trying to solve puzzles in games.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Picked this up last week and for the most part, have been enjoying it. I kind of have a weird love/hate relationship with the game. Even with the the rumors/info stuff on the ship I feel like I am lost a lot and not making progress. When I do find something new, I really enjoy that moment, but putting it all together just isn't working for me.

The game makes me feel really dumb sometimes.

For example...
I found a warp to the hanging city from the sand planet. I tried to get the warp to activate several times since then and I don't understand how it works. Do I need to read some specific text each time? Do I have to wait for the sand pillar?
I also couldn't complete the
Quantum Image? Tower puzzles without a guide

A also found...
The warp core and saw the "You Are Dead" credits
Clearly there's more, but it kind of killed some of the momentum for me.

I'm going to keep trying, but the sense of enjoyment is really lost when I don't feel like I'm making progress. It's especially frustrating because so much of this game is downright beautiful. And yes, I will fully admit, I can be extremely dense and ignorant when it comes to trying to solve puzzles in games.
For the mechanics of warps...
Have you been to White Hole Station? If not, you'll find it by...
making the 'obvious' mistake at Brittle Hollow.

To help with the Tower of Quantum Imaging, try exploring underground at Ash Twin to learn the necessary 'rules'.

For the warp core from the Ash Twin Project, removing it is for the end game.

Last edited:

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
For the mechanics of warps...
Have you been to White Hole Station? If not, you'll find it by...
making the 'obvious' mistake at Brittle Hollow.

To help with the Tower of Quantum Imaging, try exploring underground at Ash Twin to learn the necessary 'rules'.

For the warp core from the Ash Twin Project, removing it is for the end game.

Can you please elaborate? You can be candid. Like I said, I can be really dense sometimes.

Yes. I have been to White Hole Station, but I still don't understand how the warps actually work. For example, I will go to the Sand Planet and stand on the warps and they do not work. Other times they do work. What am I missing? Do I have to wait for them to align with the planet they're going to warp me to? Or can I activate it another way?

I completed the Quantom Tower already. I used a guide. Are the mechanics explained in the Sunless City? I explored all of that, but I don't recall them talking about how Quantom Imaging works. Specifically I don't remember learning that I needed to use my drone to take a picture of something to lock it into place.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Can you please elaborate? You can be candid. Like I said, I can be really dense sometimes.

Yes. I have been to White Hole Station, but I still don't understand how the warps actually work. For example, I will go to the Sand Planet and stand on the warps and they do not work. Other times they do work. What am I missing? Do I have to wait for them to align with the planet they're going to warp me to? Or can I activate it another way?

I completed the Quantom Tower already. I used a guide. Are the mechanics explained in the Sunless City? I explored all of that, but I don't recall them talking about how Quantom Imaging works. Specifically I don't remember learning that I needed to use my drone to take a picture of something to lock it into place.
Warps:
The warp activates when the destination appears directly overhead. The text at the White Hole Station explains this, though the warp there needs powering up before it's active.

Quantum Trials:
The Lakebed Caves contain a quantum shard, with text that explains how one of a team of explorers went missing while in contact with one of them, alongside how he found his way back. I'm not completely sure whether the specific point about the scout is covered there.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
This game is very good but some of the puzzle solutions are obscure af

The jellyfish stuff on Giant's Deep, wtf. I found out they can insulate you from the game but actually making use of that ability is so trial and error

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is very good but some of the puzzle solutions are obscure af

The jellyfish stuff on Giant's Deep, wtf. I found out they can insulate you from the game but actually making use of that ability is so trial and error
I'm not sure how people have trouble with this one, you just swim up underneath one and get inside.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat it last night. What an incredible experience. What is everyone's favorite location? Loved the southern observatory on Brittle Hollow. I know this game wouldn't work in VR, but I would love to just experience that specific spot in VR and just chill.

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up after listening to the beginning few minutes of Giantbomb's end of the year stuff before skipping the rest so I do not spoil myself. I have a quick question I was hoping to get answered without spoiling myself.

I know there are multiple endings of some sort. When you get an inferior ending can you go back to try an get a better one? I don't want to lose things like the list of clues and locations of interest on my spaceship that to transfer between loops.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Just started the game. Enjoying it so far but on PS4 Pro it feels like I'm getting ~25 FPS average with large and fairly common drops below that. Granted this is just the starting area so far, maybe it's just this area that has trouble?

Anyone else able to weigh in on their experience? Will forcing 1080p in the system options help?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I picked it up after listening to the beginning few minutes of Giantbomb's end of the year stuff before skipping the rest so I do not spoil myself. I have a quick question I was hoping to get answered without spoiling myself.

I know there are multiple endings of some sort. When you get an inferior ending can you go back to try an get a better one? I don't want to lose things like the list of clues and locations of interest on my spaceship that to transfer between loops.
Yes. 100% not a concern don't worry.
Just started the game. Enjoying it so far but on PS4 Pro it feels like I'm getting ~25 FPS average with large and fairly common drops below that. Granted this is just the starting area so far, maybe it's just this area that has trouble?

Anyone else able to weigh in on their experience? Will forcing 1080p in the system options help?
Not sure about 1080 on the pro, but in general the game really stresses the consoles, it simulates a fair bit of what is going on at all times.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Thanks, I worry about these things when I shouldn't so it is good to know.
The one thing that I'd highlight is that there's a trophy/achievement for 'beating' the game in a single run, which needs to be done on a completely fresh save, and the game doesn't allow multiple save slots. This world normally mean that you you lose all acquired ship logs, though you can work around it by starting the game while offline and restoring from a cloud backup once done.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I'm a couple hours into the games and I'm a bit frustrated. First I went to the moon, and they hinted I should go to Brittle Hollow to find some Eye of the Universe device at the South Observatory.

I'm here trying to explore and I'm feeling the desire to ragequit every time I fall in the black hole. I know you can warp back but it doesn't bring you to the same part of the planet you are on. And if you do warp back and run all the way back to where you were from there, you probably ran out most of your timer. So when I fall in the hole I usually just quit the application and reboot to start a new loop. Then fly all the way back and orbit the planet trying to find where I was previously, then hop out and walk myself all the way back down. So each fall costs me about 15 minutes just to get back to where I was.

im not even 100% sure if I'm exploring the right area or if I'm supposed to move on yet. I really want to get to the observatory and after SO much trial and error and wanting to snap my controller in half I finally found the area where you hop along the gravity crystals on the ice wall. I fell again at that point and shut my console off and did something else to unwind.

Does this game get more forgiving as it goes on? I don't know why these early segments are stressing me out so much but I'm almost tempted to just move on to a different game

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a couple hours into the games and I'm a bit frustrated. First I went to the moon, and they hinted I should go to Brittle Hollow to find some Eye of the Universe device at the South Observatory.

I'm here trying to explore and I'm feeling the desire to ragequit every time I fall in the black hole. I now you can warp back but it doesn't bring you to the same part of the planet you are on.

im not even 100% sure if I'm exploring the right area or if I'm supposed to move on yet. I really want to get to the observatory and after SO much trial and error and wanting to snap my controller in half I finally found the area where you hop along the gravity crystals on the ice wall. I fell again at that point and shut my console off and did something else to unwind.

Does this game get more forgiving as it goes on? I don't know why these early segments are stressing me out so much but I'm almost tempted to just move on to a different game
You don't need to consider what you're doing the "early segments". There are a bunch of other planets out there to explore and the game wants you to take them in any order. Come back to Brittle Hollow when you're more familiar with the controls and can manage the gravity stuff more easily. Honestly, getting to the Southern Observatory is one of the harder things most players of the game have to deal with.

Check out the rumour map on your ship and follow bits and pieces. You'll eventually make your way back around.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017

I'm here trying to explore and I'm feeling the desire to ragequit every time I fall in the black hole. I know you can warp back but it doesn't bring you to the same part of the planet you are on. And if you do warp back and run all the way back to where you were from there, you probably ran out most of your timer. So when I fall in the hole I usually just quit the application and reboot to start a new loop. Then fly all the way back and orbit the planet trying to find where I was previously, then hop out and walk myself all the way back down. So each fall costs me about 15 minutes just to get back to where I was.

Brittle Hollow is by FAR the most annoying area of the game. There's a really frustrating part where you have to get to the southern observatory with platforming/jetpacking/gravity-fuckitude challenges. I had to restart a lot (it's faster to restart the loop than to warp back from white hole station). If you're good at controlling the jetpack it might not be so much trouble.

I'd recommend going elsewhere and coming back to Brittle Hollow when you think it's important.
The game is almost completely non-linear.
I'd recommend scouting every planet/object for easy-to-find clues and move to the next planet when you hit a dead end or frustration.
A few of the important 'hub' areas on certain planets have shortcuts that can cut out a lot of travel time.
The Ash Twin underground settlement can be reached via a small hole near the gravity cannon. Find it by going the long way (following the Nomai messages) and exploring the top of the area. Brittle Hollow has a small hole in an ice/snow field that gets you into the Hanging City without having to go via the abandoned settlement and gravity crystals. Both shortcuts are very hard to spot unless you know exactly where to look.

On 'restarting the loop', I'll spoiler this, but it's not really spoiling anything so you should probably look at it unless you're being hardcore no-spoilers.

I'd recommend chatting with Gabbro. I'm keeping this spoiler-light, so you'll have to find him youself (it's not hard). It's easy to miss the correct dialogue since it's not connected to any other clues. He'll unlock a menu option to restart the loop, which is a lot less annoying than trying to find a way to kill yourself.

I also want to give one piece of advice for any PC players. A controller is a REQUIREMENT for ONE puzzle. Every other area is fine on kb/m, but you need analogue movement controls for something
on Dark Bramble

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Got on sale for $10 since I still had a $10 coupon from the EGS winter sale. Just finished it and enjoyed it a ton, especially once I figured out you just really need to set 1-2 goals per run and focus on that, then reset. Only really have two complaints, first some of the more difficult to explore areas gave me nothing other than some flavor text, no items or critical information, just a little bit of info when I already had most of the story pieced together. Would have been nice to have something more substantial for exploring hard to get to areas. Secondly, the enemies in Dark Bramble were annoying as hell - it was especially egregious during my end-game run where timing is so critical
you just have to chill on Ash Twin forever to wait for the sands to lower, could really use those wasted minutes when trying to input the Eye location codes in the Vessel
. Dark Bramble wasn't that bad when just exploring at a 22 minute pace, but I got so annoyed with the time constrains for the end game that I installed a mod to remove the enemies...

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got on sale for $10 since I still had a $10 coupon from the EGS winter sale. Just finished it and enjoyed it a ton, especially once I figured out you just really need to set 1-2 goals per run and focus on that, then reset. Only really have two complaints, first some of the more difficult to explore areas gave me nothing other than some flavor text, no items or critical information, just a little bit of info when I already had most of the story pieced together. Would have been nice to have something more substantial for exploring hard to get to areas. Secondly, the enemies in Dark Bramble were annoying as hell - it was especially egregious during my end-game run where timing is so critical
you just have to chill on Ash Twin forever to wait for the sands to lower, could really use those wasted minutes when trying to input the Eye location codes in the Vessel
. Dark Bramble wasn't that bad when just exploring at a 22 minute pace, but I got so annoyed with the time constrains for the end game that I installed a mod to remove the enemies...
I mean. If you actually learn how to deal with them it's 100% trivial. Some of that flavor text probably would've helped :)

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I mean. If you actually learn how to deal with them it's 100% trivial. Some of that flavor text probably would've helped :)
I knew exactly how to deal with them, move slow (default drift speed out of the gate) and if you apply any thrust it can't be above 1 notch/bar of "light" and even then can still tip them off if they are too close. Easy to do everytime if you aren't hurting for time. The problem is the end sequence is a tight time crunch and aggravating to have to redo if something goes wrong since the first part consists of just twiddling your thumbs doing nothing and is super boring to keep repeating. Poor design.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew exactly how to deal with them, move slow (default drift speed out of the gate) and if you apply any thrust it can't be above 1 notch/bar of "light" and even then can still tip them off if they are too close. Easy to do everytime if you aren't hurting for time. The problem is the end sequence is a tight time crunch and aggravating to have to redo if something goes wrong since the first part consists of just twiddling your thumbs doing nothing and is super boring to keep repeating. Poor design.
I agree with you but using the campfire helps with the Ash Twin wait and i think I had 5 mins or so when inputting the code.

but enough people have issues with your points that there's clearly some work to be done there if anywhere. i don't agree with others hand waving it away with "learn the play"

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with you but using the campfire helps with the Ash Twin wait and i think I had 5 mins or so when inputting the code.

but enough people have issues with your points that there's clearly some work to be done there if anywhere. i don't agree with others hand waving it away with "learn the play"
For what it's worth your ship maintains speed between seeds and they realign you dead center when you transition. Thus if you absolutely gun it towards a seed and release the thrust before you transition into it, you'll be aimed right down the barrel between those three anglerfish and coast past them pretty quickly.

It's true that very slight adjustments with the ship won't alert them, but I think people made too big a deal of that as it is touchy and annoying. Zooming by quietly is much quicker and easier done once you know that you can.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Two useful hints rather than just a reply of learn to play the game for anyone getting close to try the end sequence...

Skipping would have really reduced the tedium for waiting for the sand to go down enough to teleport. I just didn't know because the wait option isn't available until a few time resets have gone by according to the patch and I only investigated a campfire to roast a marshmallow during the first loop, doh. Also, it wasn't an option at launch so some googling advice is outdated.

For what it's worth your ship maintains speed between seeds and they realign you dead center when you transition. Thus if you absolutely gun it towards a seed and release the thrust before you transition into it, you'll be aimed right down the barrel between those three anglerfish and coast past them pretty quickly.

It's true that very slight adjustments with the ship won't alert them, but I think people made too big a deal of that as it is touchy and annoying. Zooming by quietly is much quicker and easier done once you know that you can.
I would have loved to known this when trying, great help. I thought for sure initial fast momentum would have meant trouble for getting by the 3 angler fishes, that is where I lost so much time... I think the advice I previously read said the exact opposite, go as slow as possible lol

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Two useful hints rather than just a reply of learn to play the game for anyone getting close to try the end sequence...

Skipping would have really reduced the tedium for waiting for the sand to go down enough to teleport. I just didn't know because the wait option isn't available until a few time resets have gone by according to the patch and I only investigated a campfire to roast a marshmallow during the first loop, doh. Also, it wasn't an option at launch so some googling advice is outdated.

I would have loved to known this when trying, great help. I thought for sure initial fast momentum would have meant trouble for getting by the 3 angler fishes, that is where I lost so much time... I think the advice I previously read said the exact opposite, go as slow as possible lol
Yeah, like I said, I think people overprescribe the slow method. This other way is more efficient but the game itself only really makes the former obvious.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, it seemed obvious to me
- it's not your speed that does anything, it's sound. You're in space, you don't need to go mega slow, just quiet

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, it seemed obvious to me
- it's not your speed that does anything, it's sound. You're in space, you don't need to go mega slow, just quiet
I don't mean to jump down your throat, so I hope it doesn't come off this way, but how many times have you had to tell people in this thread about this very specific part of the game?

I also did not run into this issue so like you I don't really don't understand how people are not coming to the same conclusion BUT clearly something is up for so many people to run into it. Otherwise you would never have to post about it :)