• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

naamloosq1jhw.jpg

• Demo goes live on February 25. See specific times below
  • Outriders is a 1 to 3 player, drop-in-drop-out co-op, third-person-perspective shooter set in an original dark and desperate sci-fi universe.​
  • This will be a Demo, NOT a Beta.​
  • It is entirely free. No purchase or pre-order required​
  • Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Steam & streaming with NVIDIA GeForce NOW)
  • Size: PC: Minimum 24GB (possibly more after decompression), Consoles: Minimum 22GB (possibly more after decompression)
  • Pre-loading is not currently planned to be available.
  • Crossplay will be available in the demo, but it will be in beta form and will need to be manually enabled via your settings.
  • There is no time limit, either for playing or for accessing it prior to launch. The demo is also planned to remain live beyond launch.
  • The demo includes the game's prologue & opening chapter. This means that gear & enemies that you come across will be the early game variants. The further you get in the full Outriders story, the more twisted, exotic and powerful both gear & enemies will becomeThe demo runs up until the showdown with Gauss, the first rival Altered who may be even more dangerous than you.
  • Some side missions unlock after defeating Gauss so you will be able to go back and explore the world.​

• The demo includes all 4 classes and 6 character slots.​
  • You will be able to transfer your progress if you play the main game on the same platform account (Platforms are PlayStation / Xbox / Steam). Progress will not transfer between the Demo on Steam and the Full Game on the Epic Store.​
  • You are free to stream any part of the the Demo. No restrictions.​

EuhU3-6XAAQr8WD

outriders%20crossplay-lb23kg6ev.jpg

Last edited:

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to have an OT for it. Looking forward to trying this on Thursday.

Einhandr

Oct 27, 2017
This is my most anticipated game this year. I can't wait to dive into the demo. I'll be capping out all four classes in the demo starting with pyromancer and then capping resources in anticipation for retail release. Then probably just farming for mods for the next month lol.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
They seem pretty confident with how open they are. I think this game will surprise tbh.

Also this isn't a GaaS as far as we know.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Just a heads up for those that don't know.
This is a online only game, can't be played offline at all.
So naturally a hard pass for me.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
A GaaS with a rival named Gauss. Yes! I'm a sucked for these types of games so I'll try it out. Thanks OP!

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've got an extended weekend and plan to try this out with a handful of different friends. Actually had a few friends show interest in the game in the past couple weeks.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Looks like Destiny based on the trailers. Even down to the slow mo and people jumping while shooting/launching powers/just slamming into the ground with fists.

I'll definitely try the demo.

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
The final game can be played offline...its not a always online and there is no jumping:) like that.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
A demo and a loot-based game that isn't GaaS... honestly feels like a game out of time. Will try to give it a shot.

Einhandr

Oct 27, 2017
The final game can be played offline...its not a always online and there is no jumping:) like that.

I hate to disappoint (and this isn't a deal breaker for me personally) but the game does require an online connection to play. Character data is saved server-side not, not locally, to prevent cheating according to the devs.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Still don't love how it looks but the gameplay has possibilities? Curious to see how the guns feel.

hephaestus

Oct 28, 2017
I`m incredibly excited to final play this game I have been following it for awhile now.
I've just been confused that on different forums, people have been trying to find reasons to hate it before it comes out.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Looks kinda of fun from a jump in and shoot shit perspective. I been looking for something like that

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really interested to see how this is, I've enjoyed most of People Can Fly's games.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is it cross play for every platform? I know it's being released same day on stadia as well. I might just grab it to play on GeForce now if the beta interests me enough.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
I don't even know what "this isn't a GaaS" even means any more but I'll give it a shot.
It means the game you get in the box is the final product. No expansions are announced, no other DLC is announced. I think it's best to compare this game to Remnant From the Ashes, instead of something like Destiny or Avengers.