Kami

Jul 13, 2020
I'm sorry but this game is a horrible experience.

I'm trying to do the *spoiler* boss fight solo. World Tier 6.

As soon as I start the fight, my frame rate randomly gets capped at 60. Every time. So there's that throwing me off.

Then she takes off 75% of my health in one hit. I try to interrupt her, it never works. You only get a split second to do it, so to use the ability and to still get not get it is extremely frustrating.

The entire time I'm getting micro stutters and inconsistent hit boxes. I don't even know what's hitting me half the time.

I really regret buying this for full price.

Last edited:

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
My best round. Pyromancer ashen build is awesome.
217403_12bc7edc-ebea-4c62-93ad-c8d325d970f3.jpg

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
New patch. D/l it. Start game. Stuck at "Signed in!", still not fixed. Restart console. Load game. Stuck at "Signed in!" again.

AgonizingSomeAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Location? Time zone? Console/PC?

I haven't had server issues since the beginning days of launch. Still no inventory wipe bug *knocks on wooden desk*.

The Pyro is SQUISHY AF so far. I'm guessing that changes a bit once I get Volcanic Rounds. So far I'm enjoying it though regardless because you feel like you're always using a skill and burning shit just feels so good.

Last edited:

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Workarounds to get a game to start. On console. In 2021. With a game that has been out for 2 weeks.

You got to love it.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
You have to power off your console and then unplug it for a free minutes to resolve the problem.

Wish I was kidding

For me until yesterday, just closing the game and restarting a couple of times have worked. Yesterday I gave up after 4 restarts or something, played something else.

Insane they still have that bug, the non-skippable intro is the cherry on top. They do realize they are pavlovian training their customers to dislike "People Can Fly" right?

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Man, everytime I peek into this thread its either complaints about high-level endgame loot drops/builds or server issues. Not that they are not valid but where do I go to ramble about the fun I have with my lvl 23 trickster blowing everything up? ^^

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Man, everytime I peek into this thread its either complaints about high-level endgame loot drops/builds or server issues. Not that they are not valid but where do I go to ramble about the fun I have with my lvl 23 trickster blowing everything up? ^^
Same thread, game is super fun but also ranks up there with one of the most buggiest experiences released for a "AAA" game.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017

Been leveling a Devastator after getting a little bored with Technomancer(it's a good class but needs skill balancing, decay is way strong while others are kinda weak), having a blast flying around the battlefield smashing everything, it's so active compared to Techno.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Same thread, game is super fun but also ranks up there with one of the most buggiest experiences released for a "AAA" game.
Sorry didn't mean to come off as petty. I just hope the issues get resolved soon (or have been resolved by the patch) and we get to talk more about the game itself :)

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
"Single player is intended to be a bit less intense than multiplayer, and we wanted players to take a different approach to combat," a representative for developer People Can Fly and Square Enix told me in an email. "We like presenting combat arenas as a sort of combat puzzle for players to solve."

Yeah, sometimes I have to go back to the dash to make sure I'm still playing Outriders and didn't click on The Witness by mistake...

🙄

kotaku.com

Outriders Could Really Use A Self-Revive

Outriders is a game about balance, but it’s not always finely balanced. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the game’s revive mechanic, which is seriously biased toward players of the game’s cooperative mode.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry didn't mean to come off as petty. I just hope the issues get resolved soon (or have been resolved by the patch) and we get to talk more about the game itself :)
Not at all, had I paid full price for the game (I have via gamepass) it would have defiantly been returned it as regardless of how fun the core gameplay is there is no excuse for the extent of these bugs with the grand whopper of people losing their entire characters (like myself).

Playing with an alt, just re-started expeditions and the bug du jour is as soon as I try to go to camp solo I have to redo the last boss fight every single time. If I go back in the story point I no longer have the option to queue for expeditions

I've posted it many times but it is clear the devs bit off way more than they could handle with a game of this nature. I hope at some point Square Enix gives them the proper help to deal with the disastrous system used for the backend which will let them focus on the game

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, sometimes I have to go back to the dash to make sure I'm still playing Outriders and didn't click on The Witness by mistake...

🙄

kotaku.com

Outriders is a game about balance, but it’s not always finely balanced. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the game’s revive mechanic, which is seriously biased toward players of the game’s cooperative mode.

My favourite puzzles are the kind that when i'm struggling thinking where to place the final pieces someone comes kick the board and i have to do it all over again

Oct 25, 2017

🙄

kotaku.com

Yeah, that quote made no sense to me. Any self-revive would simply be another tool in the toolkit to solve the "puzzle." It's already in co-op and in one of the skill trees. It's not like it would break the game so much that it'd be unplayable. Make it an option for all classes, at least.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure I would consider entering an area and having every enemy on the map aggro you at once, with 100% accuracy, a "puzzle" but the solution at least is easy to figure out... except they've locked it away as a reward for "solving" the puzzle (repeatedly).

Everytime I hear the devs talk I'm less hopeful about the future state of this game. I sense that we're going to see an emergency stance fix that sends every build back to the stone ages without any fixes for the issues that emergency stance is alleviating.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Quick question, is it possible to finish CT15 / play through all expeditions at least once without some heavy grinding?

So far I have been able to finish 7-8 expeditions and I am sitting at CT7 without ever dying in an expedition.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question, is it possible to finish CT15 / play through all expeditions at least once without some heavy grinding?

So far I have been able to finish 7-8 expeditions and I am sitting at CT7 without ever dying in an expedition.
No. You need a ton of DPS to gold ct15. Assuming you have "end game" gear/build to upgrade it to level 50 would require a ton of resources which you can't readily get until you can gold ct14 consistently. You can definitely gold some ct15 without insane grind but all of them? That'll take a bit depending on your class

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I sense that we're going to see an emergency stance fix that sends every build back to the stone ages without any fixes for the issues that emergency stance is alleviating.
Going to stand well back and peep through my fingers at that one, it won't be pretty.

You're at that crossover point there where you're out of the world level stuff and into the expedition tier gear. It needs grinding, for the gear, the mats and the mods to bring it all together an dmore of it each subsequent level. CTs need better clear times at the end, too - silver then gold to advance (but some maps are really generous with timing so not really a problem).

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Going to stand well back and peep through my fingers at that one, it won't be pretty.

Upcoming patch notes:
  • Fix issue where players could redeem multiple Earthborn Renegade items per account
  • To prevent losses in crafting menu, interacting with Zahedi crafting menu now saves your game after every interaction
  • Fix issue where Golem was being applied all the time when using emergency stance
  • Adjust timers for Archways of Enoch gold to 9 minutes 30 seconds and Scorched Lands to 10 minutes
  • Reduce damage of T2 bone shrapnel by 20% and increase cooldown from 1s to 4s
  • Mods triggered by reloading now occur after reloading is complete
can't wait 😂

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Got my Vaccine today so I get to just chill and play video games on this randomly cold ass day in NY. I think I'm gonna use most of today to level a Pyro and maybe play a little Devastator later. I ran a few CT15s on my Techno but all I'm getting is non upgrades and no Legendaries of use so please if you're reading this PCF, buff the drop rates thanks.

Upcoming patch notes:
  • Fix issue where players could redeem multiple Earthborn Renegade items per account
  • To prevent losses in crafting menu, interacting with Zahedi crafting menu now saves your game after every interaction
  • Fix issue where Golem was being applied all the time when using emergency stance
  • Adjust timers for Archways of Enoch gold to 9 minutes 30 seconds and Scorched Lands to 10 minutes
can't wait 😂

Is this real? If so the sub is going to burn down lol. Can't we have fun with Bone Shrapnel??? I mean it's good but there's T3 shit that's better. Everything is NERF NERF NERF. At least throw a few buffs in there to make people happy. FFS.

Oh wait you trolled me LOL. I was about to lose it.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me, or is Eye of the Storm actually impossible to Gold solo? Even if you could one-shot every single enemy, including the boss, you're still waiting ~6 minutes for the pillars.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the main reason they don't have self-revive for solo play is enemy AI states. They have no other targets and when you get up they're probably right on top of you again. Should you get your skills back right away when you res so you can fight back out of unwinnable situations? How long until players start making builds that might be able to exploit something like that?

It's better to restart the current encounter entirely when solo, in my opinion.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
So, I kept away from this thread while going through the main game solo and had a blast (well I lowered WT difficulty for the last boss). Now I wanna go through the expedition but I am unable to join a random team via Matchmaking. This is going since yesterday. And I tried leveling up solo with a great gun sending a Gravity ball after every reload but sometimes the perk disappear and I have to relaunch the game, yikes. I guess I have to put down the game for now ?

Edit: to kill time I tried to complete my journal sections but everything related to the prologue (I skipped it after beating it in the demo) is now unlockable...

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a blue LMG with a 150 clip size that extends to 240 with a class skill. As a Technomancer this pleases me.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I'm sorry but this game is a horrible experience.

I'm trying to do the *spoiler* boss fight solo. World Tier 6.

As soon as I start the fight, my frame rate randomly gets capped at 60. Every time. So there's that throwing me off.

Then she takes off 75% of my health in one hit. I try to interrupt her, it never works. You only get a split second to do it, so to use the ability and to still get not get it is extremely frustrating.

The entire time I'm getting micro stutters and inconsistent hit boxes. I don't even know what's hitting me half the time.

I really regret buying this for full price.

The boss will be spongey for sure but survivability is something you can solve for via mods/skill tree.

If it's too hard, turn the world tier down. It's mostly a build/gear issue I would guess.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Would you mind posting a vid on how to do that tick? Is it only viable for end game or should I do anytime? Current world tier 6 lol. Thank you (:

It's viable anytime but mostly end game since the point of the trick it to get a high end weapon when it reaches level 50. The only thing is you need Hell's Rangers DLC Pre-order pack or you can buy it for $6-7 bucks on whatever storefront you play on (PSN, XBL, Steam etc).

Just got a blue LMG with a 150 clip size that extends to 240 with a class skill. As a Technomancer this pleases me.

That plus any of the ammo regeneration mods and you don't even need the 2nd magazine mod for a 100-150 round clip + 50% bonus ammunition.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Getting a ton of stuttering on PC since yesterday. I believe it has to do with NVIDIA's latest driver (466.11) as a friend is having the same issue after updating. We were both having a smooth experience prior. Tried about every suggestion there is. Anyone else stuttering after updating to these drivers?

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Still having a lot of fun, but why the hell is Scrap Grenade still broken :( ?
Wanted to try it in a build...

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the Kotaku article :

MqXNb9p.png

That reddit comment nailed it. I'm really starting to wonder if devs have actually played their own game on higher tiers.

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
Getting a ton of stuttering on PC since yesterday. I believe it has to do with NVIDIA's latest driver (466.11) as a friend is having the same issue after updating. We were both having a smooth experience prior. Tried about every suggestion there is. Anyone else stuttering after updating to these drivers?

I also installed 466.11 and had stuttering on PC . Try disabling steam overlay , don't know why but that fixed the stuttering for me and for other people on the steam forums.

But man after 2 weeks and 2 patches i still can't believe they didn't fix that random 60 fps lock during fights and after cutscenes. I never seen something so annoying in any game until now.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The wait while Logging In is still just insane on PS5. Just waited for over half an hour and still didnt get logged in. Was able to finish my homework while waiting lol.

I assume im in some sort of server que, like you have in some MMOs. But man, it feels like its only gotten longer, not shorter.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So, just did a little calculation of the Tier 3 mods I have + the Legendaries in my stash. Since starting this game up on New Zealand launch day, heh, I've nabbed 83 (!) legendaries to date. 34 are in my mod library (either duplicates or acquired at lower levels), which I think seems pretty good for variety of drops so far. This is all on Pyro, and I only re-ran the guaranteed Legendary Hunt mission twice, so most are coming from natural drops in the higher Challenge Tiers.

For reference, I played the campaign, ending on World Tier 13 (near 14), then did the Hunt quest to get to 15. Then I took my not-very-well-built Pyromancer to Challenge Tier 11 solo, switched its focus at that point to get it to 15, with occasional LFGs on the Discord. At this point, I'm pretty much exclusively playing LFGs with randoms on CT15 and have played each expedition to Silver or Gold. Most Gold runs on CT15 are netting me two Legendaries, and Silvers 1-2, with very rare occurrences of none.

All that to say, I know this sucks in Destiny too, having to use a 3rd party app to get the most out of the game, but my LFG experiences have been great lately.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
The wait while Logging In is still just insane on PS5. Just waited for over half an hour and still didnt get logged in. Was able to finish my homework while waiting lol.

I assume im in some sort of server que, like you have in some MMOs. But man, it feels like its only gotten longer, not shorter.
Usually people on console restarts the console and the game.. after that they log in faster.

Oct 26, 2017
Upcoming patch notes:
can't wait 😂

I know all of these would be bad but I low-key hate how good the mods triggered by reloading are. Maybe because I'm afraid I'll always mess up the reload cancel lmao. It's probably what I need for my build though, just got to CT13 and getting gold is not as easy as it used to be.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Upcoming patch notes:
can't wait 😂
LoL I rekt.

You got me.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I also installed 466.11 and had stuttering on PC . Try disabling steam overlay , don't know why but that fixed the stuttering for me and for other people on the steam forums.

But man after 2 weeks and 2 patches i still can't believe they didn't fix that random 60 fps lock during fights and after cutscenes. I never seen something so annoying in any game until now.

I'll try that, thank you! That random 60 FPS lock is terrible. I press Escape twice to fix it, but it's such a nuisance.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Upcoming patch notes:
can't wait 😂
I'm ok with this. They will remove the glitch but won't nerf the gun.

If anyone wants they can do it before the patch. I have one and I'm far from finishing the game.

Edit: just seen the bone shrapnel nerf...