Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Just platinumed it and ran a few expeditions. Glad its a lot more stable online or at least I don't get a crash after a few minutes on PS5. Still stuck at WT12 and feels like the jump in enemy damage/hp is just too much for me now and can't even clear them in bronze. Might give it another go next week if there is another patch. still is a fun game though. Also my luck with legendaries is dismal.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Is reflective bullets a good skill for Devastator? I don't know if I want to waste a skill that makes it so you can't fire a gun while using it for 10 seconds. Yea theres a mod but it only deflects 50% then.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
I am now finishing the main quest line and I must say, the last couple of locations look really nice and impressive. I was skeptical after the demo that we got brown and grey trenches and burned down towns, but this game has really grown on me. People can Fly REALLY put some work into this, well done guys and girls!! Looking forward to more from this studio.

Combat is continuing to be really fun... very impressed.

Probably wouldn't have played it if it wasn't on GP... bring on expeditions and future DLC!

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Leveling a Devastator isn't as bad as I thought but it still really hurts by not having a bullet skill like the other 3. The one plus is they have pretty good survivability so you may not kill shit fast but you don't die as much.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Nope. You can get anything from your pool of T2 mods when upgrading a blue and T1 mods when upgrading from greens
So if there's one mod I want on a gun and no way to guarantee it now, I could create a new character, give him the t2 mod I want on some random junk and when he upgrades the blue to purple with zahedi it's definitely going to have that t2 mod on it? And I suppose you could do the same with t3 tier, too?

Not that I'm going to, I'm just here reading what people are up to and how the game is going, just curious.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Leveling a Devastator isn't as bad as I thought but it still really hurts by not having a bullet skill like the other 3. The one plus is they have pretty good survivability so you may not kill shit fast but you don't die as much.
Yeah, you depend more on the guns for leveling. A lot.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So at this point while there might still be some connection issues and bugs, the inventory wipe... has that been resolved?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
and then, on average, 1 or 2 every 6-12 minutes on CT15 runs.
A bit over 30% of the time you'll get zero legendaries from the bonus. Over 40% of the time you'll get one. 20% of the time you'll get 2, 5% you'll get 3 and rounding error 4 (one in 250 runs).

It feels like you get at least one usually, and the numbers support that, but getting one from the events up to the bonus can help mask not getting any form the bonus 4 if you're unlucky.

Who knows what the regular game drop rate is like during the actual runs. I was shit so I ran Archways a lot and you kill plenty of stuff on the way through, so it wasn't rare to get 2 or 3 legendaries each run and was rare to see none at all.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who is only interested in the most efficient, min-max, optimal builds you can have (obvs: there are viable builds with every class for endgame, but these are likely the four absolute strongest builds in the game right now, because he always dives super deep into the math of it all):

Yup I play with the Support Freeze build and its very good for damage too. The extra damage to frozens is nothing to scoff at.

Wish there was a viable Anomoly build too for the ordnance skills.

The pure dps for Technomancer is insane.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Quick shout out at the top to say thanks for all these detailed comments. Really helping me stay interested in the game!

Boomtown is probably the least forgiving level to run right now unless you have a ton of DPS. If you don't clear it with the right path you won't get gold because the timer is really tight (if you have to backtrack at all to kill a rifleman you're screwed).

*Snip*
Ok got it cheers, I feel better about life leech now.

Boomtown seemed 2 or 3 times as hard as the other one I was doing. I'm discovering that a lot of human enemies have shields and it really seems to make them more Tanky.

In the main game I fought a shaman dude who was easy to shoot but I couldn't dive in and use my skills (to biff firepower) so it took me 5 restocks of full double gun ammo to kill him.

I'll bear in mind the shotty and shield combo. I've tried them a few times in the campaign but o just can't do very well with them. I think I just prefer AR type guns.

pretty sure it goes into a random number generator with these outcomes:

10% chance you'll end up in narnia looking the wrong direction
10% chance you'll teleport forward 2 inches instead of where you want to go
15% chance you'll teleport to an enemy you weren't even targeting
65% chance everything will work as intended

Lol, totally agree! Although I am a bit dissappointed it adds up to 100 and you didn't deliberately make it wrong to draw out any pedants hiding in the thread.

T3
Instant Reload - hunt the prey replenishes your mag (huge and ct15 enabling)
Ammo bargain - killing shots replenish 20% mag (good for 6shot and 15 shot pump/auto shotty)

I understood about a third of this post but its very helpful. Learning about that T3 mod gives me hope!! Really struggling to avoid reloads at the moment, and also running out of ammo quite a bit so have to restock.

Most people get 13+ by completing the campaign, sidequests and World Tiers 12-15, starting around level 20, then a few from the Legendary vendor in endgame from CTs 1-15, and then, on average, 1 or 2 every 6-12 minutes on CT15 runs.
I finished the main campaign and side quests and ended up at at 8.5 which translates into ct3.
I have most of the hunter and bounty targets left (which I enjoyed doing for the 1 or 2 I've done)

Should I go back and do those now, to get some extra purples and legendaries? Or should I just work through expeditions now and leave them?

I guess what I'm really asking is, does unlocking higher WT while I do side missions also unlock more CT? And vice versa, of I unlock higher CT does it unlock higher WT?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Quick shout out at the top to say thanks for all these detailed comments. Really helping me stay interested in the game!

Ok got it cheers, I feel better about life leech now.

Boomtown seemed 2 or 3 times as hard as the other one I was doing. I'm discovering that a lot of human enemies have shields and it really seems to make them more Tanky.

In the main game I fought a shaman dude who was easy to shoot but I couldn't dive in and use my skills (to biff firepower) so it took me 5 restocks of full double gun ammo to kill him.

I'll bear in mind the shotty and shield combo. I've tried them a few times in the campaign but o just can't do very well with them. I think I just prefer AR type guns.

Lol, totally agree! Although I am a bit dissappointed it adds up to 100 and you didn't deliberately make it wrong to draw out any pedants hiding in the thread.

I understood about a third of this post but its very helpful. Learning about that T3 mod gives me hope!! Really struggling to avoid reloads at the moment, and also running out of ammo quite a bit so have to restock.

I finished the main campaign and side quests and ended up at at 8.5 which translates into ct3.
I have most of the hunter and bounty targets left (which I enjoyed doing for the 1 or 2 I've done)

Should I go back and do those now, to get some extra purples and legendaries? Or should I just work through expeditions now and leave them?

I guess what I'm really asking is, does unlocking higher WT while I do side missions also unlock more CT? And vice versa, of I unlock higher CT does it unlock higher WT?
There's a chart in the OT that shows the WT and CT overlap. The WTs become pretty meaningless in endgame, but yeah, doing the work to get to WT15 will let you start a little higher on the CTs (I think Instarted at CT5 or 6), and the main reason to get to WT15 is the four legendaries that come with the last four tier unlocks. They'll be at level 40-42-ish, so great excuse to add to your mod library.

ITBEATS

Oct 30, 2017
Do we think it's possible to get a refund from Sony for this? I've been stuck on the Signed In screen every time I try to play for the last 48 hours.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Do we think it's possible to get a refund from Sony for this? I've been stuck on the Signed In screen every time I try to play for the last 48 hours.
I would guess so, I seem to remember folks saying the inventory wipe was cause for refund and this would be worse-not being able to play at all?

...if you're wanting to play, some folks have said that clearing the cache (a hard power off, and unplug console for 15 seconds on xbox, not sure about ps) helps. But it also seems, anecdotally, like the sign-in issue is worse on PS compared to other platforms. Whichever way you lean, here's hoping that they eliminate that problem entirely withthe restoration process/next patch somehow.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup I play with the Support Freeze build and its very good for damage too. The extra damage to frozens is nothing to scoff at.

Wish there was a viable Anomoly build too for the ordnance skills.

The pure dps for Technomancer is insane.
You have a link for the support freeze build by any chance?

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, you can do that on just about anything, just slap those top 2 mods on everything and they carry, moreso when you're taking advantage of weapon swapping to stack these mods since they trigger separately for different weapons. Devastators at least have majority of their damage built into their kit and can do a variety of things.
I honestly think the tactic of switching weapons to trigger the reloading abilities and then never actually letting the guns reload to do it again is gimmicky as hell and I wish it wasn't a thing.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There's a chart in the OT that shows the WT and CT overlap. The WTs become pretty meaningless in endgame, but yeah, doing the work to get to WT15 will let you start a little higher on the CTs (I think Instarted at CT5 or 6), and the main reason to get to WT15 is the four legendaries that come with the last four tier unlocks. They'll be at level 40-42-ish, so great excuse to add to your mod library.
Yeah, sorry, I had seen that chart, I just meant what mechanically happens in game now? I currently have wt8 and CT 3 unlocked.

Say I play exclusively campaign stuff and unlock wt15, will I still only have CT 3 unlocked in my expeditions menu?

Or does the game continually compare/contrast wt level versus CT level and unlock them in sync?

Good shout on the legendaries for wt12 to 15. I will try and unlock them to get the guns and the mods. I want to do all the side quests anyway.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah, sorry, I had seen that chart, I just meant what mechanically happens in game now? I currently have wt8 and CT 3 unlocked.

Say I play exclusively campaign stuff and unlock wt15, will I still only have CT 3 unlocked in my expeditions menu?

Or does the game continually compare/contrast wt level versus CT level and unlock them in sync?

Good shout on the legendaries for wt12 to 15. I will try and unlock them to get the guns and the mods. I want to do all the side quests anyway.
I *believe* that if you raise your world tier now, raising your equippble gear, that your available challenge tier will still rise, but can't actually confirm that it constantly checks, as I was at WT14 or 15 before I did an expedition. Maybe just test one WT to see?

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
If it is party of 1, it would be real nice if game can be paused.

Regarding HUD customization, if I disable character level and world level progression in HUD there is no way to know how far I am to next level. I really hope dev adds these stats in inventory menu. I don't need to see it all the time but being able to check it once in a while in inventory would be perfect.

Another nice addition would be to not display big D-pad Up reminder in quest info on left side. Game doesn't have always on button press for any other actions. Why this? Completely unnecessary. At least make it optional.

Regarding class points, how often do you earn them? Would it be possible to at least unlock all skills in one subclass path?

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
If it is party of 1, it would be real nice if game can be paused.

Regarding HUD customization, if I disable character level and world level progression in HUD there is no way to know how far you are to next level. I really hope dev adds these stats in inventory menu. I don't need to see it all the time but being able to check it once in a while in inventory would be perfect.

Another nice addition would be to not display big D-pad Up reminder in quest info on left side. Game doesn't have always on button press for any other actions. Why this? Completely unnecessary. At least make it optional.

Regarding class points, how often do you earn them? Would it be possible to at least unlock all skills in one subclass path?
You receive 20 over the course of 30 levels. So you'll unlock 8 skills, and have enough to get to the end of a tree in a straight line with a handful leftover to choose some of the bigger nodes that come off the path, or to nab a couple of nodes in another path. Here's my Pyro gun build:
M2pgkpP.png

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
You receive 20 over the course of 30 levels. So you'll unlock 8 skills, and have enough to get to the end of a tree in a straight line with a handful leftover to choose some of the bigger nodes that come off the path, or to nab a couple of nodes in another path. Here's my Pyro gun build:
M2pgkpP.png
Okay that confirms what I thought it could be. I am at level 6 with only one class point so far so I suspected it will be limited. I will need to plan my upgrade path. Good that you can reset your skills anytime without any cost.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I *believe* that if you raise your world tier now, raising your equippble gear, that your available challenge tier will still rise, but can't actually confirm that it constantly checks, as I was at WT14 or 15 before I did an expedition. Maybe just test one WT to see?
Yeah realised after I asked that I could just do it and see what happens!

Will report back if/when I get a chance.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I beat the expedition and I'm gonna get gold yay! Hey wait why are there five waves of bosses right before the final areas wave of five bosses? This game makes The Divisions bullet sponges look like Diablo 3 mobs.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
With a proper build you can smoke the elites in seconds.
Yea but the issue is all those waves seems unnecessary right before a big boss wave.. like come on...expeditions are fun yes but my god they are way too long... the idea is to speed through every monster for gold but yet you got 100 waves? For build diversity it's terrible concept..

eek

Oct 26, 2017
So if there's one mod I want on a gun and no way to guarantee it now, I could create a new character, give him the t2 mod I want on some random junk and when he upgrades the blue to purple with zahedi it's definitely going to have that t2 mod on it? And I suppose you could do the same with t3 tier, too?

Not that I'm going to, I'm just here reading what people are up to and how the game is going, just curious.
Sorry I should've been more clear; you roll any random mod in your mod pool (e.g. your class's T1) but it can be any mod in that pool even if it is locked

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Yea but the issue is all those waves seems unnecessary right before a big boss wave.. like come on...expeditions are fun yes but my god they are way too long... the idea is to speed through every monster for gold but yet you got 100 waves? For build diversity it's terrible concept..
The Endgame right now is the opposite of build diversity.. everything must go into damage or you won't make it.

Of course they will change this in the future and they will add content that's objective based instead of time based.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
I really didn't think I'd care for the story but by the time I got to the The Jungle I actually started to care.

It's a solid B movie plot, but has enough beat changes to keep it interesting for sure, enjoyed it more then I expected. The last couple areas were harrowing though.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
It seemed like I hit that build wall tier 9 expedition. Today was the first day I've extensively tried to join randoms and that wall was knocked down. Feels good that the build is finally starting to feel a little powerful again. Chasing a solo build to rank up was defintely making the game more of a grind for me. Teaming up defintely lets your character breathe more.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Omg this "Frontier" fight where you put the key in the little pedestal and they come out from all sides is brutally hard. Buddy and I are lvl 24, WT9. Can take out the crawler okay but then it's just absolute fucking chaos with all of the flyers and alphas. We've tried different tactics and man, nothing is working. Gonna have to do a serious rethink I guess and/or lower the WT for this fight.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a blast playing this game but damn the art in this game is just so drab and ugly.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
feeling like ct14 gold runs is the way to go for legendaries for me right now. Friends and I can complete ct15 silver about 50% of the time and are no where near gold yet with our gear. That 5% extra chance of a legendary seems to be paying off. If only i could get 1 more for my bleed set i'd do 50% more damage...

Last edited:

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
It seemed like I hit that build wall tier 9 expedition. Today was the first day I've extensively tried to join randoms and that wall was knocked down. Feels good that the build is finally starting to feel a little powerful again. Chasing a solo build to rank up was defintely making the game more of a grind for me. Teaming up defintely lets your character breathe more.
If you need help join the official discord and try to find a group there. Much more reliable imo.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who is only interested in the most efficient, min-max, optimal builds you can have (obvs: there are viable builds with every class for endgame, but these are likely the four absolute strongest builds in the game right now, because he always dives super deep into the math of it all):

yep I watched an hour of one of his streams and it made my techno immediately better and you don't need god rolled gear OR a single legendary to do CT15 in gold times. All you really need is the proper talents, gear with firepower and close/long ranges damage. Even if you don't god roll as long as you get some of the right perks you're fine. I still use pieces that have healing or leech on them. And the last piece which is the real important one is a tactical AR with 90k damage +. Blighted rounds with plague turret is a must and the 3rd skill can be whatever you want but I recommend cold snap. It's probably the easiest class to gear up to do CT15s with.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
The Bloody Baron bounty quest is bugged for me. The final door won't open. Any suggestions? I tried quitting and logging back in but still same. On series x. Thanks guis (:

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
It's a decent story for sure. But... They
killed my boy Jakub :(

I loved the setting and lore so much that I...

Started playing Mass Effect Andromeda again (similar setting of humanity going very far away...in ARK-ships)

I definitely wanted MORE of the story in Outriders, shame that its just grind in impossible and weirdly balanced combat areas after you finish the campaign.

I want more single player DLC.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think the story was anything special, honestly.

Like at the beginning they set up this interesting world and fascinating Alters, we see Seth and Moloch, then they get tossed aside like nothing. We see humanity struggling to survive and at odds with each other, then that gets tossed aside once you cross over to the desert areas. Like I feel like it has so much interesting story potential and nothing ever pays off. The final battle just sorta happens, like as I was approaching the climax it hit me that we still didn't have any real villain in the story. The final boss we fight is literally just some guy.

It's a super interesting world and I hope we get some content in the future that expands upon it.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I didn't think the story was anything special, honestly.

Like at the beginning they set up this interesting world and fascinating Alters, we see Seth and Moloch, then they get tossed aside like nothing. We see humanity struggling to survive and at odds with each other, then that gets tossed aside once you cross over to the desert areas. Like I feel like it has so much interesting story potential and nothing ever pays off. The final battle just sorta happens, like as I was approaching the climax it hit me that we still didn't have any real villain in the story. The final boss we fight is literally just some guy.

Feels like other Altered don't really exist outside of yourself Seth and Moloch and that disembodied voice in the shack. They do exist...but they're always apart of a backstory of some kind.