Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
The trickster skill that teleports you behind an enemy is broken. Sometimes if there is an object or obstacle in front of you, you end up just running into that instead of actually teleporting. Really really annoying considering that's one of my go to skills right now.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I've just been watching streams of this game. Man, if this had come out 10 years ago I would have been all over it. Back then I got games likes Gears of War and COD day 1. Now I haven't even played Gears 4 or 5 and the last COD game I played was Black Ops 3 when it was on PS Plus. Outriders just doesn't look appealing to me but it definitely looks cool for those still into these type of games. Shame about the connection issues though. I played Diablo III at launch and it really sucked not getting in to play.

Belker

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had some good bugs. All powers frozen as if all were on a cooldown. Have to go into and out of menus to try to fix it. doent alway work. entire hud disappearing apart from minimap, have to turn hud off and then back on in menis.

plus the game crashing whencer it wants to. this is on series x, gp

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I literally can't get into the server on PS5 haha. At least when Avengers multiplayer servers weren't working, I could still play solo.

yeah we had people trying to justify always online in this game before release when it was questioned and were still not seeing the reason. Something about cheaters and "reasons"... in a game where all the info like health and inventory is player side, not server side anyway.

I've just been watching streams of this game. Man, if this had come out 10 years ago I would have been all over it. Back then I got games likes Gears of War and COD day 1. Now I haven't even played Gears 4 or 5 and the last COD game I played was Black Ops 3 when it was on PS Plus. Outriders just doesn't look appealing to me but it definitely looks cool for those still into these type of games. Shame about the connection issues though. I played Diablo III at launch and it really sucked not getting in to play.

we keep getting posts of people checking streams and saying its generic, and yes it looks that way. Everyone admits it. That's not why people are enjoying it though.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
yeah we had people trying to justify always online in this game before release when it was questioned and were still not seeing the reason. Something about cheaters and "reasons"... in a game where all the info like health and inventory is player side, not server side anyway.

we keep getting posts of people checking streams and saying its generic, and yes it looks that way. Everyone admits it. That's not why people are enjoying it though.

Like I said, it looks cool for the people who are into those type of games. I'm just not into them as I used to be back a decade ago.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Funny enough I've been playing for like 4 hours straight without a server DC on Series X.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Got my first Leggy the Voodoo Matchmaker Assault Rifle. It's not bad but I wish the clip was bigger. Is there no way to lock guns so you don't dismantle by accident?
That gun has been nuts for me. I out Perpetuum Mobile (auto refill mag if you kill an enemy in the bottom 30% of your mag) on it and kept the Damage Link. Basically, pop your class' special rounds (Volcanic/Blighted etc) and you're just chewing through enemies with near infinite ammo. I've upgraded that gun up to level 28 because it's been so great for me.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
730pm til now on steam coop with a friend, no real issues. In the last hour my friend got a lag issue where he says he was skipping around the map some

sweetvar26

Oct 26, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
I finished part of the main campaign, I ended up joining coop to my buddy's game where he was much behind in the game and now when I'm playing solo I'm back to where he is. Anyway I can advance to my actual story alive beaten all these quests?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I finished part of the main campaign, I ended up joining coop to my buddy's game where he was much behind in the game and now when I'm playing solo I'm back to where he is. Anyway I can advance to my actual story alive beaten all these quests?

Go back to the lobby, you can select where in the main story you want to be at.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Played for a few hours last night. Had to laugh at the beginning. The incredibly dramatic music pumping over a terrible character creator and a spinning planet wait screen. Then NOBODY HAS THEIR HELMET ON whilst walking around AN ALIEN PLANET (Prometheus says hi). The gameplay is limited. The areas feel small. The UI is clunky. And yet. And yet...

The game is fun. The core shooting mechanic is great and the weapons look and sound great. The story is fine and I would take an entire live service game that just had me colonizing a new planet for humanity because there are so many stories you could tell. I didn't need to be jettisoned into a further future. But I can see why those who play it, like it. It's the feel not the look.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017

At the main menu, there should be an option to choose story point and it will let you choose where you left off.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a few hours last night. Had to laugh at the beginning. The incredibly dramatic music pumping over a terrible character creator and a spinning planet wait screen. Then NOBODY HAS THEIR HELMET ON whilst walking around AN ALIEN PLANET (Prometheus says hi).

To be fair, they hadn't gone to Enoch randomly, they knew it was a garden world with similar properties to Earth that could sustain humans without the need of air filters and such.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
That gun has been nuts for me. I out Perpetuum Mobile (auto refill mag if you kill an enemy in the bottom 30% of your mag) on it and kept the Damage Link. Basically, pop your class' special rounds (Volcanic/Blighted etc) and you're just chewing through enemies with near infinite ammo. I've upgraded that gun up to level 28 because it's been so great for me.

I gotta try that out. Just dinged level 22 and in WT8 but my build is all over the place but Blighted Rounds is a must have.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Weird mission related bug:

Found another player to join, he was wrapping up a side quest I had completed already and was a couple of main quest behind me.

Game crashes during boss fight, I log back in and my progress was rollbacked; I had to complete both main and the single side quest again (they kept showing as incomplete, didn't matter what I did —couldn't skip via lobby either).

Still playing (PS5) but yeah. I get this stuff ain't easy but geez.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Just got Blighted Turret so I'm gonna respec to the top tree and stack Toxic dmg with Blighted Rounds. I can already see the synergy.

Edit: Damn I'm melting shit.

Last edited:

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Almost to WT10, things are starting to looking good. Also, hunts are much much easier than bounties, there's no comparison.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
It's the other way around for me. Bounties I can usually manage, run back, regroup, snipe a few guys before coming back to the fray.
Hunts though, I usually end up kiting the beast around some rock while being constantly almost dead.
Oh well, of course It depends on your build. With Vulcanic rounds, Ash and burning status effects i can melt those beasts easily. Humans just gangbang me with all those bullets and it's really hard to do some effective cc.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Oh well, of course It depends on your build. With Vulcanic rounds, Ash and burning status effects i can melt those beasts easily. Humans just gangbang me with all those bullets and it's really hard to do some effective cc.

Right, different classes, of course :)
Devastator is great against humans, and great against small beasts, but the big ones are a problem so far.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Completely switched my skills and class to a more tank-like build with the Trickster.

Anyone else have the problem that they sometimes can't trigger their skill? It's not on a cooldown, it's just greyed out.

Also:
Creatures > Human enemies

The crazy accuracy and grenade spamming with the humans feels like a Gears of War on Insane³.

This is one of those games that are boring to watch but fun to play.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Right, different classes, of course :)
Devastator is great against humans, and great against small beasts, but the big ones are a problem so far.

Yeah, I usually keep a heavy machine or assault rifle with debuffs (toxic, burn etc.) and a damage mod (Claymore tier 2 is my favorite —nice burst damage).

Going all in on anomaly power build devestator with lots of skill leech and buffing effects. The abilities I use —impale, earthquake, and gravity leap; feels like piloting a freight train going 200mphs.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I just played the Demo and I am not super impressed. It's not bad though. I can't figure out what this game really is or is trying to be. It feels like a weird mix of The Division, Gears and Defiance. I fear that this game will be one of the many where they'll updated classes and gear, weapons etc along the line but actual new content will be very rare.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I honestly feel dismantling purple/golden weapons should give more titanium. 1 for purple is frankly laughable.

Ware

Jun 3, 2020
Any help for Tricksters? Feel like ive slammed into a wall at world tier 6.
A slight annoyance but it feels like most bosses discourage getting in close/close range weapons. Especially the big ones. Between that and some bosses having absolutely No adds to kill in order to proc my healing ability, bosses are lowering my enjoyment.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Well I said I was done when I saw the endgame stuff was timed, but the pull of the grind and the character building was too strong :)

So maybe there's something to what people say about technomancer being the boring "standard" class of the game for those who don't want to engage with it "properly". But my technobunny might look like an alien hobo, and she might not even out-do Destiny's space magic trio, but she's pretty damn effective and lets me get on with the game the way I'm happy with.

tecnotecnotecnozyknt.png

She's all over the top class in the Pestilence path and athough that's all about poison and the Blighted Turret, she has no toxic skills whatsoever. The Blighted Turret is modded to do Cryo. This thing is a game-changing beast and allowed me to stroll up the WTs without trying. 6 seconds cool down, so it's always available to reposition and the healing kicks in every time its deployed, the Ice Component mod that inflicts freeze can control large mobs while she stands there spraying them with the auto rifle. The turret can do this for a damn long time as there's a class perk so slow its decay by a third (and it's already pretty long to begin with) plus a class perk to +50% her clip and a mod that lets her roll to reload all weapons.

Rockets aren't massively effective, but their enemy Interrupt and 14k damage, especially as there's 8 of them thanks to Bang For Your Buck mod, come in handy for the captains who cry before her.

10k points of armour when killing ADS is great in the hectic mob swamps, she heals on ammo drop collects and has a higher heal threshold perk and 3k more firepower shooting form cover which is spot on for the stay-out-of-the-way-and-let-them-come-at-me beginnings of a build.

Weapons are pretty standard, the long rifle she had 2 levels ago was criting for 150k which was a bit wtf, I have no idea how or why and wish I'd clipped it and kept it and the combo of mods that made it happen, but it was ridiculous overkill anyway.

Got 40 Tier 2 gear mods unlocked now and all Tier 2 weapon mods plus 4 Tier 3 - it opens up a lot of possibilities. One mod made me think the game was bugged, but it was sending out a shockwave every 6 seconds but I thought it was corrupted graphics lol.

Last edited:

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
Not even close. Outriders is a loot driven ARPG. The other two games are shooters. What is ironic is that comparing Outriders to the other game you mentioned in your post(Diablo III) would have been a better comparison.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
After 36 hours, my first walkthrough is completed. \o/ Expeditions: here we go. (Btw the final boss fight was soooo long)

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Well i did get into the server fairly easily if the tutorial is online?

What is up with the cutscenes tearing tho lol.. Game looks amazing btw I must say :) Can't wait to play this a bit longer

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. People keep posting tweets from Twitter randos about how awful the dev team is being treated but whenever I check the comments they seem mostly positive despite the fact that the games cross play remains broken and the servers are spotty at best and terrible at their worst. Seems like they are getting off pretty light and people appreciate their transparency.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

I despise CoD and Gears of war and I'm enjoying this game. They're nothing alike in gameplay aside from having cover (which you shouldn't be using anyway)

maybe you should play it before making comparisons like that. There's a demo for you to try out

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I wish there was an option to remap the controller, all I want to do is swap the A and B buttons. A should be for jumping of cover. A is a universal jump button and it's driving me crazy. Otherwise enjoying the game