• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

Hello everyone, Toby Palm, Outriders Community Manager, from Square Enix here.
Ever since we first revealed Outriders earlier this year, fans have asked when they might be able to finally get their hands on the game. We can fully understand why - Outriders really comes to life when it's played.

We can now confirm that Outriders will be officially releasing on February 02, 2021 as a complete package on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One and PC (Steam & Epic). We will also still be releasing on Stadia later in 2021.

It had been our full intention to deliver Outriders to you within the Holiday 2020 season. COVID-19 has certainly affected our operations over the past months, but the teams have all worked extremely hard to adapt to changing circumstances. While the core game is now in a largely complete state, our testing operations were unfortunately among the most affected by the work-process-restructuring caused by the novel coronavirus. To that end, we need a bit more time to get it right and ensure that the Outriders experience will be as smooth and issue-free as it possibly can be when we launch. It is our utmost priority to give you the best and most complete Outriders experience possible, at all costs.
outriders%20crossplay-lb23kg6ev.jpg

We are also very happy to share that Outriders will support a complete cross-play experience, letting you play the full game with your friends and other players, no matter what system they're on. Furthermore, we will be offering everyone a free game upgrade from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, and with Smart Delivery from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S. This means that you can buy and play Outriders on your current platform with the confidence that it will be there for you when you decide to make the jump to the next generation of your respective console

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Smart that they're going with cross-play from the jump. Feel like it's a death sentence for GaaS games to not launch with cross-play nowadays, just look at Avengers on PC.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Smart that they're going with cross-play from the jump. Feel like it's a death sentence if GaaS games don't launch with cross-play nowadays, just look at Avengers on PC.

Funny thing is this isn't even a GaaS, it's more like Remnant and a complete package at launch.

But I agree, Crossplay and away from the Holiday season is a really smart move - still think it can be a surprise hit.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Great stuff on cross play. Dont know what to make of this game yet. But prob smart to have it launch in feb.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I wasnt sold on the game - but they are making the right moves to have me take a look. Crossplay is a big one. As the people I would play with a spread amongst different platforms and we're always looking for something everyone can hop on with.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Funny thing is this isn't even a GaaS, it's more like Remnant and a complete package at launch.

But I agree, Crossplay and away from the Holiday season is a really smart move - still think it can be a surprise hit.
Lol i remember when i saw the game in the inside Series S vid. I thought at first it was Remnant haha

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Good move. I think when they announced it to launch with next gen systems, they probably didn't expect it to be quite as packed as it ended up being, plus I imagine it probably needed a little more time since they've been quiet since the last broadcast thing like in August.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Been following this one loosely, looking forward to it. Crossplay will keep this game afloat.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping this would release before the end of this year. I get that November is packed already. But it still looked unique enough to stand out among everything else, besides Cyberpunk. I can wait, just a bummer.

Its like a Destiny style class based shooter with abilities, but uses a Gears of War style third person perspective. Plus, its not another GAAS even though it totally looks like one lol. Maybe a Diablo like Gears of War would be a better description.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Lol i remember when i saw the game in the inside Series S vid. I thought at first it was Remnant haha

I remember seeing the trailing and thinking it was Remnant from the ashes 2 or something then being super confused when it wasn't. There were even root like enemies in the trailer!

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix doesn't want two GaaS games to flop in 2020.

This is probably the only SE game I'm looking forward to though, so I'm hoping this one delivers.

-Graphics look good
-No timed exclusive fuckery
-crossplay + free nextgen upgrades
-gameplay looks like something between Revenant + Warframe

I got my fingers crossed on this one being good.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like mentioned above, Outriders is not a GaaS game. All content included at release, potentially followed by Diablo style expansion packs.
You don't think Outriders will be a service game? Based on the fact there will be expansion packs? That doesn't preclude it from being a service game.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
they were responsible for the worst gears game in history (judgment). that game was riddled with dumb decisions. they even tried to take out the series defining 'down but not out' state

They've also made good games, so eh. There's definitely some stuff that reminds me of Gears (besides just the gritty 3rd person shooter thing) like the way enemies come apart.

You don't think Outriders will be a service game? Based on the fact there will be expansion packs? That doesn't preclude it from being a service game.

I think it'll be more along the lines of, say, Remnant than Destiny.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike Godfall, the more I see of Outriders the more excited I become. It started out looking incredibly forgettable, but each drip feed of new info has made it slowly creep up my most anticipated list

berts08

Jul 27, 2020
I thought this was coming this year :( . Im looking forward to it and now I might get god fall this year.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Unlike Godfall, the more I see of Outriders the more excited I become. It started out looking incredibly forgettable, but each drip feed of new info has made it slowly creep up my most anticipated list
Outriders and Godfall seem very similar but Outriders is having a much different reception. Maybe people like shooting that much more than slashing.
I'll probably get both.

But, based of the gameplay Ive seen of Outriders the shooting doesnt look that exciting especially after coming off other games like Destiny 2, The Division 2, Warframe and Anthem.

Hopefully, they have something to really distance themselves from the pack.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
they were responsible for the worst gears game in history (judgment). that game was riddled with dumb decisions. they even tried to take out the series defining 'down but not out' state

they just made the campaign dude, chillax.

the campaign was alright

also they still were under the instructions of Epic and MSFT

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of looking forward to this one. Shame it's missing the 2020 release they had planned, but now I have something to enjoy early next year.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's any good argument against crossplay (you'd be surprised by some here wrangling themselves in knots trying to make the case). It needs to the the norm.

Good news for me and my friends that game on PC.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The description of a "service" game is very loose. Ubisoft called AssCreed Odyssey a service game.

The devs said it wont be a Service game. SE hammered it home in marketing with Avengers, they arent doing that here.

I think what people mean is something you have to play everyday etc., this is more like a game you can play online that has a finished story upon launch.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

No, that was based on what the developers have been saying about the game for months now. They specifically said that Outriders is not Gaas game, and that all content is available at launch.

SE Toby

Square Enix - Community Manager
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
London
But do saves carry over to PS5?

They do from PS4 (and within the same ecosystem). You won't be able to carry a save between PlayStation and Xbox for example, but you will be able to carry over your save if/when you're upgrading to the new generation of your particular platform.

No, that was based on what the developers have been saying about the game for months now. They specifically said that Outriders is not Gaas game, and that all content is available at launch.

Just confirming officially again for the thread: Outriders is not a GaaS. No MtX. Complete Package at launch.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Mm, seem to remind that first impressions were pretty ok or am I mistaken?
Crossplay and out of the holiday season are a very good choice to go with.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Great decision and work done to support full cross play. I wish this was a standard going forward.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
They do from PS4 (and within the same ecosystem). You won't be able to carry a save between PlayStation and Xbox for example, but you will be able to carry over your save if/when you're upgrading to the new generation of your particular platform.

Just confirming officially again for the thread: Outriders is not a GaaS. No MtX. Complete Package at launch.
Thanks that's good to know, means I'll pick it up sooner.