• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I think the mercy blowing up dead players is SOMEHOW even worse than the resurrect. They really cooked an ability to annoy the fuck out of me.

Echo is pretty fun though.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Talon Tracer gameplay loop is so damn fun. What a fun mechanic to play around(for me). Her Talon skin is great as well, especially the weapons. I really hope they keep this going and giving us alternate modes to play through a years worth of seasons. Sometimes I just want to play a mode where everyone is just plain stupid. Sometimes I need that.

Brig needs a MK Scorpion voice line.

Also, I'm probably just off it now but this Rein passive would be really funny in the main game. Seems pretty targeted towards the Orisa Rein matchup and just how bad he gets bullied but again I could just be losing it now.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
It's very funny watching Blizz recycle old talent system stuff like Marge reusing that Chanel suit

I hope they eventually build something actually sustainable out of it. My dream has always been something like an actual dedicated PvPvE moba mode that uses the discarded PvE enemies and talents for something new.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
The mode is something i would play for like 5-10 games and never touch again. Sadly there are challenges tied to it, and i need that BP XP.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
lmao, ididn't didn't understand Zen's Ult at first. you had to press another button after it

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
lots of DPS roles in Mirrorwatch right now. I assume people are farming the Tank Ult achievement first. Dealing with a ton of horrible Supports.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
How did they manage to make Mercy a billion times more interesting and fun in this mode lol.

Also like, just directly change Sombra's hack to this version please.

Edit: 32/8/7 as Zen lmao. Go ahead and change Discord to this version too. Whoever did the hero design on this mode fuckin killed it.

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
How did they manage to make Mercy a billion times more interesting and fun in this mode lol.

Also like, just directly change Sombra's hack to this version please.

Edit: 32/8/7 as Zen lmao. Go ahead and change Discord to this version too. Whoever did the hero design on this mode fuckin killed it.
It may amount to nothing but I really wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these changes weren't trial balloons the team is floating for future reworks. Mercy in particular I'd imagine the OW is very weary of changing outright due to how the Mercy Mafia generally reacts to changes, but those players I'm sure also wish for more engaging gameplay with Mercy in general. Idk, I've played so little of Mercy in this mode so far but between this and April Fools, I feel like they laid groundwork to try and make future changes with these to point to.

aurens

Mar 24, 2024
i feel like people (including me) speculate "these changes might be foreshadowing future changes/heroes" every time blizz does one of these goofy modes but i never remember if they end up getting implemented in any form

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
i feel like people (including me) speculate "these changes might be foreshadowing future changes/heroes" every time blizz does one of these goofy modes but i never remember if they end up getting implemented in any form

There's been a few April Fool's changes throughout the years that were brought over to the live game.

From this thread:

Baptiste (2021):
Biotic Launcher (Secondary Fire)

• Direct grenade hits heal for 33% more health
Live (April 22, 2021):
Healing projectile direct impact now restores an additional 20 health

Bastion (2021):
Configuration: Recon

• Weapon spread removed
Live (April 26, 2022):
Weapon spread removed

D.Va (2021):
Call Mech

• Now deals 600 damage to enemies on impact
Live (April 22, 2021):
Damage increased from 50 to 250

Hanzo (2021):
Storm Arrows

• Storm Arrows now ricochet off the environment
Live (January 6, 2022):
Arrows ricochet once upon impact

Reinhardt (2021):
Charge

• Now has 200% more power steering
Live (April 26, 2022):
Steering turn rate increased by 50%

Soldier 76 (2021):
Tactical Visor

• Now aims for headshots
Live (May 5, 2022):
Now allows for critical hits, if a shot would have been a critical hit outside his ultimate

Zarya (2021):
General

• Particle Barrier and Projected Barrier are now on a shared cooldown with 2 charges
Live (April 26, 2022):
Particle Barrier now has a 10 second cooldown on a shared 2 charge system with Projected
Barrier

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
what i found great about Mirrorwatch is a lot of annoying heroes are not in the roster. I only hate Doom lmao

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
As much as some of the characters feel way more fun and interesting, it's astounding that they took Doomfist and Tracer and said "what if made an already OP character...even more OP." Just a complete and utter whiff on those two.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the heroes in Mirrorwatch are kinda bad, huh?

I don't know what the point of Sombra is. Now that hack isn't an offensive move, her having stealth doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There's no point in stealthing behind the enemy, because now you don't have the tools to kill them, and you can't hack allies because you won't be in range. But if you're on the frontline hacking allies, you can't stand up very long in a direct fight.

Echo losing her regular flight means she can't get into interesting angles to flank the enemy anymore. Her dash flight actually seems to keep getting me killed.

I guess Tracer is okay, but I'm not really a Tracer player to begin with.

More than anything I'm sad about the selection of Heroes, especially having only 3 tanks to choose from.

And woof, I need to play 50 games (with double progress wins) of it for one of the challenges?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know what the point of Sombra is. Now that hack isn't an offensive move, her having stealth doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There's no point in stealthing behind the enemy, because now you don't have the tools to kill them, and you can't hack allies because you won't be in range. But if you're on the frontline hacking allies, you can't stand up very long in a direct fight.

Echo losing her regular flight means she can't get into interesting angles to flank the enemy anymore. Her dash flight actually seems to keep getting me killed.

I guess Tracer is okay, but I'm not really a Tracer player to begin with.

More than anything I'm sad about the selection of Heroes, especially having only 3 tanks to choose from.

And woof, I need to play 50 games (with double progress wins) of it for one of the challenges?
Half the fun for me so far has just been figuring out what their new strengths are. I'm still working on Sombra but damnit I'm gonna find it.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

You play her like a support, she's very fun with a Tracer/Doom. You just enable them on dives.

Oct 25, 2017
I played Sombra fairly typically. You have plenty of time to drop some hacks and spray some damage in, since her primary doesn't require you to be as close as Tracers does. And just reposition, hack, spray. And repeat.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Is it a whiff when the intention here isn't balance?

It's not just about balance though. Mercy is broken in this mode and Bastion is pretty busted too, but they're different and more fun. They threw a shield on Doomfist's block and pretty much called it a day. It would be like if they just added a personal shield/bubble to Bastion's turret mode or something.

I get they can't go above and beyond with every character and that certain characters got way more work/time (like Mercy) but still doesn't mean I'm not disappointed to see Doomfist and Tracer just be more broken versions of their existing selves.

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
The DPS of my team can't sustain damage, my Tank can't tank the enemies, and the Sups are afraid to aggro when needed on Mirrorwatch.
The folks who are playing the mode right now does not know the utility of pressing the effing F1 button to understand the variations on their kits.

I'll just play Ana/troll as Doom/troll as Widow and call it a month to get the missions done. What a trainwreck. If i could, i would just focus on comp.
(but critting as Ana is so much goddamn fun tho, and Sombra's rework is pretty much fun as well)

Oct 25, 2017
I like Echo in Mirror probably since I suck with her sticky bomb in real.

Edit:
And of all the damage, echo feels the most broken lol

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
hm, is it or are the tanks tankier in Mirrorwatch? i swear they can take more hits more than normal modes.

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
Oh, another crash in server when we were turning the tide on a lost match in comp. Guess i'll take some time off the game, and wait for the indie
company to get some stability on their computers. Goddammit.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What the heck is this Mirrorwatch Zarya? On the one hand she feels real bad. Enemies are never around to get hit by her barriers popping, her new ult is not nearly as useful as it was in Heroes of the Storm, and her secondary fire might be the slowest projectile in the game (by a lot). But I also wasn't dying and I can't figure out why.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck is this Mirrorwatch Zarya? On the one hand she feels real bad. Enemies are never around to get hit by her barriers popping, her new ult is not nearly as useful as it was in Heroes of the Storm, and her secondary fire might be the slowest projectile in the game (by a lot). But I also wasn't dying and I can't figure out why.

yea, the projectile is ass. it's slow and has like no impact.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Mirrorwatch has me wondering whether they could implement different versions of the same character in the main game without it being too confusing

That might be a potential solution to players who don't like to switch. If your DPS Sombra isn't working, maybe support-style Sombra will be more effective. That guy that won't switch off Doomfist despite getting nothing accomplished might be more effective with a Doomfist that can occasionally put up a shield and give overhealth to teammates

Although, that could make players even more stubborn about changing...

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Mirrorwatch has me wondering whether they could implement different versions of the same character in the main game without it being too confusing

That might be a potential solution to players who don't like to switch. If your DPS Sombra isn't working, maybe support-style Sombra will be more effective. That guy that won't switch off Doomfist despite getting nothing accomplished might be more effective with a Doomfist that can occasionally put up a shield and give overhealth to teammates

Although, that could make players even more stubborn about changing...

customizing their kits would be pretty awesome tbh. like having your own loadouts.

Sep 14, 2018
I'm stuck on queue with 200 players ahead of me, wtf I haven't seen this since launch

Oh just weird server issues on console

Last edited:

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
customizing their kits would be pretty awesome tbh. like having your own loadouts.
Yeah, and it would allow Blizzard to add more ways to play to the game even when they're not adding a new hero

My only worry is that knowing what your enemy can do is a pretty fundamental part of Overwatch, so I'd be curious about whether loadouts work for or against the game

I suppose they could keep loadouts out of ranked, but that would be kind of a bummer

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and it would allow Blizzard to add more ways to play to the game even when they're not adding a new hero

My only worry is that knowing what your enemy can do is a pretty fundamental part of Overwatch, so I'd be curious about whether loadouts work for or against the game

I suppose they could keep loadouts out of ranked, but that would be kind of a bummer

i think kit loadouts would work for Arcade at least. It would prob make Arcade way more popular if people can swap their abilities to something they like better. i def would love swapping Sombra from pure DPS to partial Support.

hopefully they consider this. they already have a loadouts feature for cosmetics.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Zen got emp and Sombra got Kitsune. Like why...? And I got potg multiple times thanks to Ana having headshot. So busted.