• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
Why on earth did they record a bunch of new lines for Mirrorverse Echo on one of her base skins, but nothing for Talon Tracer?

aurens

Mar 24, 2024
I know people one trick and sometimes they're just trying to learn a character. But that doesn't explain why there are so many Doomfists who refuse to ever change characters. It's almost always a doomfist.

because he's unique and he's mobile so they would tell you they have more fun flying around the map but dying on cooldown than they would winning on some other tank.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Using alt-Zarya utimate as aoe boop is hilarious. Managed to pull off the best one yet by booping Mercy into a hole on Illios's Well and blocking her from flying upwards.

Also...is it just me or is every single support players with Endorsement level 5 are toxic as fuck?

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's so easy to get level 5 now that it's basically just a symbol that you play a lot and don't leave matches early.

aurens

Mar 24, 2024
i play a lot and don't leave matches early and i'm only level 3 :(

am i truly irredeemable...? so sad...

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i play a lot and don't leave matches early and i'm only level 3 :(

am i truly irredeemable...? so sad...

Maybe it's harder than that! I used to bounce around 3 and 4 before the changes and now I'm just a consistent 5, so I figured it was just a constant thing now.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Level 5 support here, I don't yell down the comms, I simply yell to myself.

Mirrorwatch is the only mode where all roles never gets you support and frequently gets you DPS
The mercy mafia are out for blood and reveling in this mode

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
I leave comms on. But logging into the thanks for reporting message feeds me life.

It's rough out there in the console OW streets and someone has to help clean them up.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Cassidy skin in the BP might have the best weapon model of any of his skins, the 3rd person view is goofy as fuck but it makes up for it with the gun model

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really use comms but pinging enemies and just responding to pings gets you endorsed. As does carrying a team.

Or you can just play support and wrack up endorsements for doing the bare minimum. That's the easy mode.

I don't really get much toxicity at all in my games. Super rarely has any 5 endorse been rude or toxic. I think the system works. But that's just my experience. I do have match chat off. But I have voice+team chat on.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I use pings and I tend to play with the teams. I barely run off on my own unless I need to flank.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
With Blizzcon kaput this year I'm betting good money we see the next couple of heroes + Space Ranger at Xbox's June showcase

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Orisa, Mauga, and Hog. I can't tell who is worse to play against lol.

20 min queues when I trio in ranked? That's just crazy.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
With Blizzcon kaput this year I'm betting good money we see the next couple of heroes + Space Ranger at Xbox's June showcase
Kind of hope they dont reveal the next heroes until they're closer to release. I'm glad they gave us a look at the longer term future at Blizzcon(especially considering the sentiment around OW2 going into it), but I definitely prefer the speculation and teases(and tbh, the leaks) in the build up to a new hero vs just ourtight knowing who the next heroes are 6+ months in advance

Like I dont want them to go back to radio silence until the week before a season releases like they did in the early OW2 seasons, but having a build up that starts like a month or so before a new hero releases feels like it would be better than either extreme that we've had so far. IMO of course

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
What is up with matchmaking, DPS is nonexistant in matches the last two days.

edit: ugh guess I'm just stuck at solo support Platinum 4/5. Keep getting teammates that basically throw the game away chasing enemies and not killing anything.

Just had this match where I was accused of throwing by the tank and DPS when they did nothing to stop the Sombra and JQ killing me in every fight smh:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They should just keep Hanaoka in QP/arcade til next season, if they're planning on removing it at some point before next season. I wonder if they've learned anything.

edit:
Also I am glad I got into Echo again due to mirrorwatch, such a fun character to play that I completely forgot about.

Last edited:

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
They should just keep Hanaoka in QP/arcade til next season, if they're planning on removing it at some point before next season. I wonder if they've learned anything.

I think it's disappearing in a week or two? Clash isn't coming in S11 either, we know the next map is the Peru Push map Runasapi. They've given themselves quite a lot of time to react to feedback.

I really like it, even though I think it needs a bit of work. The pacing is a big part of what really works about it. The time from respawning to fighting is consistently low and you're often able to die, respawn, and get back to the same fight. That was quite common in Overwatch 1, but much rarer in the 5v5 format, and I like having it back. It's strategically simpler than the other modes too, and that makes for less frustration with teammates.

The thing they absolutely must address is the endpoints. Currently they only get taken if a team completely capitulates with people going AFK or quitting. They can't simply make them easier to take I don't think, you wouldn't want to have games ending in two minutes flat because a team won three fights. I think the ideal solution is that the attacking team accumulates capture progress over the whole match. The first time you get there taking it will be really hard, but if you make a good effort of it, maybe you get it the second time. 3-0 wins should be very unusual, but 4-1 should be possible and 5-2 relatively common.

I also would like to see how the game felt if you weren't rewarded with a point for capturing the points on your team's side of the map. This would make for longer games in some scenarios, but it would prevent the current scenario where a team can dominate the first two thirds of the game only to lose.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game makes it really hard to believe rank lock doesn't exist, let me tell you. Combination of how skill matching works with how they balance teams and just plain BULLSHIT like a mfer lagging out just before sweeping an enemy team in Push, then being down a player and the enemy team literally reversing the robot the entire fuckin map lol, only for the disconnected player to rejoin at the last second just in time to watch us lose in the final seconds as the enemies pass our line for the victory.

Competitive is a comedy in my two go-to multiplayer games :'[

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
So i guess no balance patch until mid-season, which means somewhere mid-May, probably after the Mirrorwatch ends.
They need to do something about Orisa, Hog and Mauga, but at this point, when it comes to tanks, it's just cycling the 2-3 that are broken and the rest are barely working and being picked, it happens all the time since 5v5 and there is no way for them to fix this i fear.
They also definitely need to look at Mercy, because she feels unplayable for two seasons now. She is not able to sustain anything and her damage boost lost a lot of it's value with health pools/breakpoints changes. If they seriously think that this hero is fine the way she is in S9/S10 and that she doesn't need any changes, then they need to rework her ASAP!

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Clash is pretty fun. It feels like snack food when it pops up in queue. It's not going to be all that satisfying, but it's quick and tastes good while eating it.

Though it feels like the speed also means it's harder to appreciate the map and its design. You have to always be rushing to the point to where it feels like there's probably a ton of the map i'll just flat out never step foot on.

So i guess no balance patch until mid-season, which means somewhere mid-May, probably after the Mirrorwatch ends.
They need to do something about Orisa, Hog and Mauga, but at this point, when it comes to tanks, it's just cycling the 2-3 that are broken and the rest are barely working and being picked, it happens all the time since 5v5 and there is no way for them to fix this i fear.
They also definitely need to look at Mercy, because she feels unplayable for two seasons now. She is not able to sustain anything and her damage boost lost a lot of it's value with health pools/breakpoints changes. If they seriously think that this hero is fine the way she is in S9/S10 and that she doesn't need any changes, then they need to rework her ASAP!

I hope they replace her damage boost. The right click attack ability during the april event was so much more fun and engaging than the damage boost imo. The damage boost doesn't add any interesting interactions. Like oh yay the bastion or widowmaker deleted me faster than usual because Mercy was there, or Pharah is even more of a menace because Mercy is with her.

It feels like it'd solve some issues by just getting rid of it and replacing it with a more interactive ability.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Clash is pretty fun. It feels like snack food when it pops up in queue. It's not going to be all that satisfying, but it's quick and tastes good while eating it.

Though it feels like the speed also means it's harder to appreciate the map and its design. You have to always be rushing to the point to where it feels like there's probably a ton of the map i'll just flat out never step foot on.

I hope they replace her damage boost. The right click attack ability during the april event was so much more fun and engaging than the damage boost imo. The damage boost doesn't add any interesting interactions. Like oh yay the bastion or widowmaker deleted me faster than usual because Mercy was there, or Pharah is even more of a menace because Mercy is with her.

It feels like it'd solve some issues by just getting rid of it and replacing it with a more interactive ability.
Sure as long as that ability doesn't have braindead aim assist if it's going to cause damage

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I do want a support character with a weakened familiar that maybe runs out for you and supports the next high priority target in a fight or something. I do think based off the Bastion Ultimate change in Mirrorwatch it might be fun to have other assists on the field temporarily.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say Mercy is unplayable, but she's not in a great spot right now and hasn't been since the DPS debuff was introduced and the HP pools were increased. As a result of those changes, she has to spend more time healing and less time boosting damage. The April Fool's version had the advantage of her being able to actually do some damage while she's otherwise healbotting.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of really good Mercys in my matches. I can't play her and I envy those who can. Her kit doesn't gel with me at all.

Dusky

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that's definitely too early. Gamescom 2024 most likely.

Gamescom is end of August and S12 is expected to hit before then, so Space Ranger will definitely be revealed by then. I would not be surprised if we catch a glimpse at the Xbox conference as they could advertise the trial for S11.

EDIT: Not to mention Xbox would be the best venue to do Season trailer + glimpse of the future/roadmap

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I think your issue is that on console you can't turn your dpi to 99999 so that you can spin your mouse wildly while ressing. critical mercy tech.

Not really an issue with turning. I've seen other Mercys easily spin while rezzing on console. You can adjust the sens for that. It's being tethered to teammates I find unbearable.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, if they end up being chat banned, they should immediately lose a level.
I agree. This was at the end of S9, so I'd like to think the recent changes mentioned in the developer update are live.

Level 5 used to be so rare, but after they reduced the score needed for level 5 and reducing the decay, pretty much anyone can reach that level now
Exactly. It's not what it once was, and I imagine the supposed reward for select players is no longer a thing.